How to make your own Virtual Console CIAs on 3DS/2DS

You will need for this tutorial:
1. New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS v27 on internet archive.
2. Of course a modded 3DS/2DS
3. ROMs
4. FBI for 3DS

Step 1: Extract the "Release_beta27.zip" you downloaded from the link (must be version 27 because version 28 is known to be very buggy) and launch "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS.exe"
Screenshot 27-02-2023 181238.jpg

Step 2: Get a ROM from any of the consoles NSUI provides (NES, SNES, Famicom Disk System, Game Boy, GBA, GBC, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Game Gear or Turbo Graphix 16) and press "File" in the top left corner and then press "New" and select your console you want to make a virtual console CIA with.
Once you select your console, a new window will popup looking similar to this:
Screenshot 27-02-2023 184349.jpg

You would then want to click "Project" and then click "Load Rom" and select your ROM would like to play on your 3DS/2DS
Load it and then It should autofill the name and release date.

Step 3. Get a screenshot from your game and import it by pressing the "Load Image from file" button. This will add an icon and a banner.
Now you can play around with the settings such as the Injection Method, banner style, button mapping, etc.
NOTE: If you don't have retroarch, don't change the Injection Method and make sure it looks like "Something Virtual Console"
Some of the consoles such as Sega Mega Drive/Genesis or Turbo-Graphix 16 will need Retroarch to work.
Once you are done playing with the settings, press "project" and then "Export CIA". Export it.

Step 4. Drag your exported CIA to your 3DS/2DS SD Card and eject it. Open up your 3DS/2DS and Launch your CIA installer (FBI)
Install your Exported CIA. Then, it should appear on the home screen. You can play it with save states! So yeah, that is how you can make your own virtual console games
Any errors you may be having just comment and I will surely respond!
Thank you.

Garfbeil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you get the app in English? everywhere I can find only has it in Portuguese
Ok, at the home screen, in the top left corner there are four options. Click the third and then four more options should appear. Click the one with the wrench. You should appear on a page which should look like this:
Screenshot 05-03-2023 081417.jpg

Click on the 1st option and select English. Now there should be two other options at the bottom of the page. Click the bolded one. I will require a restart and hit the first option or what should now be "Yes".
It will restart and your software should work in English.

Intro_to_tech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3. ROMs
4. FBI for 3DS

Step 1: Extract the "Release_beta27.zip" you downloaded from the link (must be version 27 because version 28 is known to be very buggy) and launch "New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS.exe"
View attachment 356044

Step 2: Get a ROM from any of the consoles NSUI provides (NES, SNES, Famicom Disk System, Game Boy, GBA, GBC, Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Game Gear or Turbo Graphix 16) and press "File" in the top left corner and then press "New" and select your console you want to make a virtual console CIA with.
View attachment 356089

You would then want to click "Project" and then click "Load Rom" and select your ROM would like to play on your 3DS/2DS

Step 3. Get a screenshot from your game and import it by pressing the "Load Image from file" button. This will add an icon and a banner.
Now you can play around with the settings such as the Injection Method, banner style, button mapping, etc.
NOTE: If you don't have retroarch, don't change the Injection Method and make sure it looks like "Something Virtual Console"
Some of the consoles such as Sega Mega Drive/Genesis or Turbo-Graphix 16 will need Retroarch to work.
Once you are done playing with the settings, press "project" and then "Export CIA". Export it.

Step 4. Drag your exported CIA to your 3DS/2DS SD Card and eject it. Open up your 3DS/2DS and Launch your CIA installer (FBI)
Install your Exported CIA. Then, it should appear on the home screen. You can play it with save states! So yeah, that is how you can make your own virtual console games
Thank you.
There is a patch that you can install to get the banners working:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsui-v28-gba-vc-banner-fix.626686/
And another patch for the box art scrapping (Windows side):
https://github.com/TheLevelUp/pos-tls-patcher

poopbuttstinkyman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3. ROMs
4. FBI for 3DS

View attachment 356044

View attachment 356089

Thank you.
does it work for n64 gamez hftgtohggt4g3u4roegfregf2frh24o

Garfbeil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it work for n64 gamez hftgtohggt4g3u4roegfregf2frh24o
No, N64 Games do have an emulator on 3DS called DaedalusX64 but in no way can you make N64 Virtual Console Games and if you try using DaedalusX64, most of the games run at very slow framerates because the 3DS isn't powerful enough to run them.

RacSlash

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What is the font that the GBA VC games use normally? I want to use NSUI to put some games, but I realized that the font is different

Zaubraff

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello, kinda new to the scene so I don't really know a whole lot, is there a way to export the saves for these games to pc lol? I've tried to use Checkpoint for it but it doesn't show up on the menu...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, kinda new to the scene so I don't really know a whole lot, is there a way to export the saves for these games to pc lol? I've tried to use Checkpoint for it but it doesn't show up on the menu...
not with gba games. you have to use turdpoocharger's script to dump or inject all of them afaik.

Garfbeil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this work in the future or right now, for sega saturn games?
Sega Saturn Emulation, from my knowledge, Is still being fully developed as it is not the best right now and I don't think it will ever be possible on a normal 3DS/2DS (possibly a New 3DS) But we will have to see won't we?

Reactions: SoulChaserZX

DrizzlingNapalm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a stupid question but is there an online injector that i can use because i use a stupid non linux compatible chromebook

Garfbeil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a stupid question but is there an online injector that i can use because i use a stupid non linux compatible chromebook
No sorry :( But if there is any game you want from it I would gladly make it myself and give you the CIA for it from google drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto