Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, 115 pages. There are some desperate people out there, lol. I feel like a god just having a 4.5 3DS XL right now.

Anyway, just chill. The wait was just as excruciating for people when it came to Gateway multirom and GW2.0. They always take their time, but they always come through. And once it's here, it's here for good. The wait will be a distant memory.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rofl. I won't judge. PC games are potentially playable as homebrew at some point, but the hardware requirements will have to be relatively low for any emulator/interpreter on the 3DS to run them without a lot of hiccups.

Well I'm so looking forward to playing Halo in 3d.

Reactions: OuahOuah

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just depends on who out there is willing to put in the time and effort to port a specific game as homebrew. I wouldn't count on Halo, probably still too graphically demanding for the 3DS to handle via emulator or interpreter.

BUT IT DOESN'T HURT TO SPECULATE.B-)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Where does it say in the text that gateway posted about not buying another flash card when it releases its support for 9.x?

I don't remember who posted it.. But there was an e-mail that stated you do not need to buy another card.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe I'm missing something here, but in general there are little to no differences between the US and EUR releases of games.
So short off the fact that some games only have gotten US or J retail releases and are eShop exclusive in the other regions - what reason would there be for a US user NOT to get a N3DS imported from Australia?

I mean, okay, you can't use US ROM's - but last I checked if you can get the US ROM, you can also get the J and EU ROM from the same sources.
Where does it say in the text that gateway posted about not buying another flash card when it releases its support for 9.x?
There have been over a dozen email replies by the Gateway team saying exactly that.

Software update, you can update yourself.
They just can't give specifics on features yet (single-/multi-ROM, region-free, homebrew etc)
And they can't give a specific date yet because they're still "finalizing" (which seems to imply that they are trying to get more features to work as they have 'confirmed' that they can get games to work already)

D

Deleted-188346

Quote from Garyopa, admin of the official Gateway forums at maxconsole.com, posted yesterday:
Normally I don't spill beans on 'what is happening' behind the scenes, but I can say this that recently the GW developers made arrangements to have 4 Aussie NEW 3DS shipped up to them to start the internal private testing, so I am leaning towards before the end of the year release, but don't hold me up to it.

I know soon once these units arrive and the internal tests are done, I am sure we will see one of their famous teaser videos posted on their front-page, with the red-painted ladies hands again.

Stay tuned!
Might still be a bit of a wait, but there you go.
AND AS ALWAYS, ENJOY.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quote from Garyopa, admin of the official Gateway forums at maxconsole.com, posted yesterday:

Might still be a bit of a wait, but there you go.
AND AS ALWAYS, ENJOY.

Can't wait for them red painted lady hands again. Even as a person who doesn't own a gateway, I'd really like to get Emunand just so I can continue playing games outside of ninjhax once Nintendo patches it. Although I have a feeling it won't even get patched until Gateway does their thing, so it could be a while.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never seen the word speculate used so much in quite sometime lol wtf

Well it's a pretty big deal, considering that Gateway hasn't moved onto another firmware since 4.5. And since they're moving they either have some sort of system/kernel exploit which happens to work without any other games (which is possible, since there are a lot of included apps and they could have decrypted and searched for something) and on 9.2, or they cloned sky3ds's behavior for 9.2 functionality (and maybe higher). The reason why they said to stay on 4.5 if you have it could either be associated with one of those two reasons, those reasons being that 9.2 will just lack a lot of features initially while they get around the new kernel, or it's just a cartridge again and there's no emuNand or other stuff to keep users able to pirate stuff.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Me think GW asking people stay on 4.5 is because GW not release new update for long time and have nothing else to do with anything. Someone posted that GW only recently starting to test internally.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe I'm missing something here, but in general there are little to no differences between the US and EUR releases of games.
So short off the fact that some games only have gotten US or J retail releases and are eShop exclusive in the other regions - what reason would there be for a US user NOT to get a N3DS imported from Australia?

The person wouldn't be able to play local co-op with friends perhaps? And what about system updates and onlineplay? I know nothing about how that works on the 3DS, maybe it's without problems? I haven't looked at the release schedule either but having to wait for releases to show up in EU while everyone else has had them for quite some time is probably not fun.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Me think GW asking people stay on 4.5 is because GW not release new update for long time and have nothing else to do with anything. Someone posted that GW only recently starting to test internally.

Or maybe they say stay in 4.5 because this is true?

Red card - SingleROM / No EmuNAND (9.2
max) => Support version 9.0.0 -> 9.2.0-20E/U/J
of Nintendo 2DS™, 3DS/3DS™ XL consoles only
(in progress)
Warning, do not update if your are in v4.5
or lower !!!

www.infinitydream.com/gateway-3ds-p-875.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1