Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of giving a date they could give a time frame.... this month or this quarter, couple months, sometime after Christmas. Anything *sigh*

208qZY6.png

Reactions: Phantom_User

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of giving a date they could give a time frame.... this month or this quarter, couple months, sometime after Christmas. Anything *sigh*

They've been saying time frame too. So it's somewhat "the same thing".

It's a bit worrysome they can't give a time frame. You only usually do that when things aren't quite as "finalized" as they said they were.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

It's a bit worrysome they can't give a time frame. You only usually do that when things aren't quite as "finalized" as they said they were.
Precisely my point in my last posts. Why tell us "soon" if they don't even have a demo up!

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Precisely my point in my last posts. Why tell us "soon" if they don't even have a demo up!
You'd think they'd have some kind of beta patched up..

Maybe they'll surprise us with a Thanksgiving release? They did so with GW 2.0B1. Then on December 23 they launched GW 2.0B2 (The shame-on-you update, I believe).

Edit: Btw, that reminds me. Gateway ...

based multirom support are now close to completion and entering into our internal beta testing. As you can imagine, both these features required a major revamp of our hardware’s internal firmware, something we had known and planned for from day one so rest assured, unlike others, GW3DS is a fully featured and FULLY updatable hardware design.
FPGA, baby? B-)

Edit 2: They could also do something like their October 20th, 2013 post ... A FAQ to the repeated e-mails.

Battosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing either they're not happy with the current features they have for the 9.2 exploit or they're stalling to see if it gets blocked next patch or it's just getting bugs worked out.

I ordered 2 64 gig Samsung pro micro sd cards during the amazon blackfriday sales, would be awesome if they released it when my mail comes in.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing either they're not happy with the current features they have for the 9.2 exploit or they're stalling to see if it gets blocked next patch or it's just getting bugs worked out.

That's one thing that puzzles me. A lot of people also mention that.

Why wait for the Nintendo update JUST to see if it works or not? I can't figure out why they'd do that logically.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Why wait for the Nintendo update JUST to see if it works or not? I can't figure out why they'd do that logically.
to hopefully keep EU/US new3ds compatibility.....but idk....seems more likely they are basing it on ssspwn and trying to squeeze as much in as possible before they show anything....probably trying to get region free and some sort of multirom menu working or something from within the user land exploit

Battosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Release single rom loader thats still in alpha testing vs wait and see what features they can fix while they wait for us/eu to get the n3ds. Worse comes to worse release on day one of the new patch since everyone should be sitting on 9.0-9.2???

We can speculate all we want, we won't know anything till they release it or at least give us a real update.

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I hope they take their sweet time :) My Japanese N3DSLL should arrive by Dec 10 so they can wait as long as they want so Nintendo doesn't put out a patch :D

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they take their sweet time :) My Japanese N3DSLL should arrive by Dec 10 so they can wait as long as they want so Nintendo doesn't put out a patch :D

And we all hope they do not. :P The quicker it's out here, the bigger the guarantee you'll be able to use it as soon as your unit arrives. And Nintendo won't update THAT quickly, I believe.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you my friend are lucky, maybe they see the Asian text and just think, translator??? nahh sod it and send it through lol
Heres the deal, anything bellow 24 Euros is free of charge without any taxes, anything above 50 Euros has a VAT depending on the county youre living in, anything above 150 euros = VAT + custom taxes.
In my case I have to pay extra 15 euro VAT taxes, the only thing I dont get how the F do they know how much a package is worth?

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the only thing I dont get how the F do they know how much a package is worth?
The way most stores circumvent is, is by labeling a package value of less than €25.
How do they know what the package is worth? Well they do occasional tests, picking out a random package and opening it to see if what is in it, is infact worth that and is what it says.
If a certain sender gets tested and falls through, odds are they'll flag it. Get too many "mislabeled" packages and well... Things get expensive.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The way most stores circumvent is, is by labeling a package value of less than €25.
How do they know what the package is worth? Well they do occasional tests, picking out a random package and opening it to see if what is in it, is infact worth that and is what it says.
If a certain sender gets tested and falls through, odds are they'll flag it. Get too many "mislabeled" packages and well... Things get expensive.

Well the GW package is not big by any means, the only thing that could give away that its worth more that 50 euros is them writing the value on the box or something.

D

Deleted-355425

most of these places that send this sort of stuff know how it all works and usually marks it used and lower in value

Paraxamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

They don't give dates because most people can't handle it when something unforeseeable happens and they have to delay the product. That is the exact reason, why most videogame developers don't give dates unless theye are 100% sure as well. Just to give you a recent example. Some of you may know it, some of you not - H1Z1. It is essentially a dayZ clone but a promissing one, since it comes from SOE (Planetside 2, Everquest) and it will be a fully fleshed out MMO (not 40 people one one server, but 1000s and it's persistent). John Smedly orignially said that it would take them 4-6 weeks (see: time frame) to get into Early Access. Once journalists layed their hands on it the team behind it rethought it and decided that they want to launch their Early Access with more than the "basic" pre alpha game - the state - that so many games launch in in Early Access. Once this was out and it was clear they pushed their date back, the people went totally mental and insane. Calling them all sorts (liars, fuckers - the whole program - even announcing potential acts of violence).
And H1Z1 is of course not the only example. There are all sorts of examples which pave the floor through out the history of videogame developement.

People always say they can handle stuff like this, but the truth is, most of them can't. It is better to leave the people in the dark unless the people behind the product are 100% certain, that they can make it til launch. So I understand fully, why the Gateway team says nothing (allthough it sucks ofc) and I wouldn't speculate much about that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol