Country
Swaziland
208qZY6.png

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!"

I agree that this indeed means that they have found a way to run their existing cards (since we've had confirmation that there will be no need for alternate hardware) and run ROM's on the mentioned firmware without additional exploits or workarounds like emuNAND. I also don't think that this is necessarily something a lot of people "missed".

Though I don't agree that that has to limit it to single-ROM support and done.
Simple reasoning? SKY3DS found a way to load up multiple ROMs from the same card. And are using a button (hardware cycle) to switch.
I see no reason why a similar such cycle can't be implemented for Gateway - although they would indeed likely need a SSSpwn-like entry to get their program running or otherwise make the card able to recognize buttonpresses/signals from the device in some way or another.

I have no doubt in my mind that Gateway will attempt to find a way to expand on those features. For the sole reasoning that Gateway wants their product to be sold.
And if all they have to offer for 9.x is single-ROM support then the competition simply is more interesting for a lot of people.
Sure, they'd still have the 4.x entry where they are basicly in full control - but as we've noticed, a lot of people aren't willing to put in the effort to get such a device or discount it out of hand assuming it'd be too difficult/expensive.

More importantly, even if 9.x would be single-ROM only and they can't find another way in to get additional functionality.
Untill the 3DS gets its support dropped and Nintendo switches completely to N3DS or another future device, there's always future exploits to be had.
And if/when the support does come to an end its always time for the brute force entry. (Though I suspect that that will be atleast a few years into the future.)

So no need to get all worried or anxious. If there's a way, they'll find it - if there isn't, then no point worrying.
That said, dammit Gateway, send out an update already - by F5 button is wearing thin~ =P

Reactions: Phantom_User
D

Deleted-355425

im still waiting for my gateway to arrive in the post. thought it would be here today :(

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
"We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!"

I agree that this indeed means that they have found a way to run their existing cards (since we've had confirmation that there will be no need for alternate hardware) and run ROM's on the mentioned firmware without additional exploits or workarounds like emuNAND. I also don't think that this is necessarily something a lot of people "missed".

Though I don't agree that that has to limit it to single-ROM support and done.
Simple reasoning? SKY3DS found a way to load up multiple ROMs from the same card. And are using a button (hardware cycle) to switch.
I see no reason why a similar such cycle can't be implemented for Gateway - although they would indeed likely need a SSSpwn-like entry to get their program running or otherwise make the card able to recognize buttonpresses/signals from the device in some way or another.

I have no doubt in my mind that Gateway will attempt to find a way to expand on those features. For the sole reasoning that Gateway wants their product to be sold.
And if all they have to offer for 9.x is single-ROM support then the competition simply is more interesting for a lot of people.
Sure, they'd still have the 4.x entry where they are basicly in full control - but as we've noticed, a lot of people aren't willing to put in the effort to get such a device or discount it out of hand assuming it'd be too difficult/expensive.

More importantly, even if 9.x would be single-ROM only and they can't find another way in to get additional functionality.
Untill the 3DS gets its support dropped and Nintendo switches completely to N3DS or another future device, there's always future exploits to be had.
And if/when the support does come to an end its always time for the brute force entry. (Though I suspect that that will be atleast a few years into the future.)

So no need to get all worried or anxious. If there's a way, they'll find it - if there isn't, then no point worrying.
That said, dammit Gateway, send out an update already - by F5 button is wearing thin~ =P

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about ssspwn combined with GWs code. In theory it could be done but we dont know if GW uses for its new exploit signed code or unsigned code.

Reactions: Danjal
D

Deleted-355425

anything that comes into my country outside of Europe gets 20% put on top, and a £12 handling fee if our local post (royal mail/parcel force) have to deliver to your house. :(

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
if you fuckers dont stop emailing them, they will never find the free time to finish the bloody exploit.

Don't they have someone else answering those e-mails rather than who's actually developing? I find it really hard to believe that not. That'd be extremely counter-productive.

This thread is a waste of precious Internet

You're such a party pooper. :glare:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
anything that comes into my country outside of Europe gets 20% put on top, and a £12 handling fee if our local post (royal mail/parcel force) have to deliver to your house. :(
....nah its pretty rare for stuff to get stopped by customs, (well smaller stuff anyway) i have only ever been charged import fee's once

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
lol I currently live in Croatia (Europe) and I ordered a bunch of things from China. Never paid a penny more than I should.

D

Deleted-355425

lol I currently live in Croatia (Europe) and I ordered a bunch of things from China. Never paid a penny more than I should.

you my friend are lucky, maybe they see the Asian text and just think, translator??? nahh sod it and send it through lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4