Windows 12 will release out in year 2024

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
"Windows Copilot AI" will reportedly be replacing the start menu in Windows 12. Sounds like I'm definitely switching to Linux after Win10 EoL.
vomits-toilet-bowl.gif

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen a system with less than 8GB since 2019 tbh. (My 2019 HP Craptop came with a single 4GB stick.)
They still cater and sell 8GB ram laptops to unsuspecting victims via walmart marketplace, best buy, and amazon. My friend asked me about buying a laptop at the beginning of covid while they were attempting college remote.

I told them to get at least something with 16gb ram for futureproof amongst other things, and their excuse was I dont need to spend that extra just for this.
Now back in 2022 them complaining how their laptop is so slow all the time, shouldve listend blah blah.
The sellers probably make a quick profit off of those 8gb systems :o

But I do hope they release Win12 soon so I can talk smack to the people at work who just love windows 11. lol

Reactions: console

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is microsoft just releasing a new Windows version every 3 years now or what? I don't get the strategy here...
Think about a enterprise, with 5000+ workstations, and SERVERS how many will had to invest each on of these enterprises, not only on the upgrade licenses (MS have a subscription program where that cost is very down) but on the IT efforts to get everything working.

THERE IS THE BIG EARNS of MS.

My company, this year spend on development 30.000 USD just to upgrade all workstations working on Windows 11 with everything on the business. we are half of the coverage and since now there is another team working on Windows 12. and half of the spend is to MS in advisor.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Think about a enterprise, with 5000+ workstations, and SERVERS how many will had to invest each on of these enterprises, not only on the upgrade licenses (MS have a subscription program where that cost is very down) but on the IT efforts to get everything working.

THERE IS THE BIG EARNS of MS.

My company, this year spend on development 30.000 USD just to upgrade all workstations working on Windows 11 with everything on the business. we are half of the coverage and since now there is another team working on Windows 12. and half of the spend is to MS in advisor.
I don't know what most of what you said even means, but it sounds like M$ is just being greedy on licensing again. I've never paid for a copy of Windows in my life, and I'm not going to start now. Massgrave for the win.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I run Windows 11 on my work PC. It really doesn't like Windows 11. It really is slow and freezes (and releases after like 2-3 sec) in some applications. I ran Windows 10 on an older machine and it works fine. So I don't know what the hell the issue is.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought 2 new desktops for work that came with Windows 11 Home and first thing I did was downgrade them to Windows 10, then upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro. I will avoid upgrading until I'm forced to or they release another solid OS that after years of being out, has better compliments than "eh, it's better now, they added back a lot of features they removed".

EDIT: They seem to follow a cycle of releasing an OS where they move everything around and change how everything looks simply for the fact they can go, look how pretty it is, see how different it is from the last one? Then no one upgrades and they release their next OS putting a lot of things back to the way they were, while keeping a couple things that actually stuck from all the things they threw against the wall and go, look, see how it looks familiar and things are back where they make logical sense to find them again, please finally upgrade!

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
OP
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought another gaming desktop computer from Bestbuy. It's CyberPowerPC made custom desktop computer that I love it. Some have high quality parts like motherboard, tower case, video card, etc.

I end up get stuck on Sign in due to Microsoft account show up. I forced use my tablet and look up on YouTube to get info about how to bypass Microsoft account on Windows 11 and working for me. I really hate Microsoft account! Thanks god!

How to Bypass the Microsoft Account & Network Requirement on a new Windows 11 PC

Hold Shift key on your keyboard and push F10, then command prompt window will open. Type oobe\bypassnro (in command prompt) then working for me without use Microsoft account! Then finally get on Windows desktop there!

I got AMD Ryzen 7 7700 CPU (3.8 GHz, turbo up to 5.3 GHz) and Nvidia RTX 4060 Ti. AMD (Zen 4) CPU is beast powerful can throw big punch against Intel CPU. I got Gigabyte B650M C V2 motherboard and it's really nice! Gigabyte motherboard have both Windows 10 drivers and Windows 11 drivers! Very lucky for me. Surprise me and super faster load time. Windows 11 OS load about 11 seconds - 12 seconds boot up when I press power button to turn computer on and really very faster speed! Shock me! Smooth load on Windows 11 Home. But something wrong on Windows 11 Home 22H2 end up gone wrong affect Start, System, weather and give me broke operating system for no reason. I think Windows 11 did install something bad updates that cause not working. That's one! Just buggy operating system think scare me something not working and freaking me out of it! I force to download IM-Magic Partition Resizer Free 6.9.5 to divide 2 TB SSD into two (About 300 GB for OS don't need much space) and about 1.4 TB for storage. Then I download all drivers for my motherboard, GPU, ethernet, etc to store on storage only to keep them forever. Then I download new Windows 11 23H2 ISO from Microsoft website and put on storage only. Then I used Hasleo WinToHDD Free program to force self format SSD C: to destroy unstable Windows 11 22H2 and load fresh Windows 11 23H2 ISO from storage and install then insane fastest almost like instant to enter fresh operating system setup up and surprise me! What a life saver for to remove unstable operating system the replace to working operating system! On fresh operating system installed and I use Hasleo Backup Suite Free program to back up my operating system image to storage to keep forever if any something gone wrong then I will restore OS image back just like factory reset have to doing reinstalls some programs over again. Skip drivers because I already install all drivers before make OS image after together to save a lot of time. Smart to use and move on. ;)

Here my beautiful screenshot of Windows 11 desktop:

1700799615708.png

Amazing screenshot! I do play Switch games on Yuzu and Ryujinx emulators. Awesome smooth and solid 60 FPS!

If Windows 11 do often crash on me then I will format Windows 11 away (use Hasleo WinToHDD Free program) and install Windows 10 pre-activated for myself. I blame on Microsoft for release out unstable Windows 11 operating system. I hope Windows 12 should more stable than Windows 11. I wish Windows 12 should be same just like Windows XP, 7, 10 replace. Wait and see what will happen next.

Last edited by console,
Reactions: mamaunmalik22
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only reason I switched to 10 from 7 was 'cus basically all digital game stores decided to drop support for 7, for whatever reason.
If 12 will be as bad as it looks, full of spyware, adware and all that bullcrap, I might force myself to learn use another OS.

Or mod the crap out of 12, dunno.

console

OP
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with these. I still wait for any more news come up. It's still quiet right now. News are slower in year 2023. Then more of news will booming faster in middle of year 2024 and after. We have to keep checking any news upcoming for Windows 12 operating system in near future. Stay tuned for upcoming more news in near future! ;)

I will keep add more news on 1st page. I add both "Fresh news here (top only)" and "Old news moved to here (bottom only)" on 1st page. I have to move old news to shrink to save space by use "spoiler code". Look more clean looking to reduce waste.

Cheers B-) :yay:

Last edited by console,

Jemigax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are looking toward Windows 12 and what have new features in there.

For any fresh news will be on top only and old news will move down to bottom. I have to shrink old news to save space when use spoiler codes like this:
for this example
We can hunt down on Windows 12 news when come out on internet anytime and post here for more info. B-)

Fresh news here (top only):

Windows 12 is apparently launching in June 2024 alongside a wave of new AI PCs

Published Dec 4, 2023 12:31 AM CST

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/9471...-2024-alongside-wave-of-new-ai-pcs/index.html

View attachment 407446

2024 will see the arrival of the first AI PCs from hardware companies, and a new report indicates that they're set to launch alongside Windows 12 in June.

Taiwan publication The Commercial Times reports that Microsoft's Windows 12 will launch in June 2024, and the operating system will feature several AI technologies. With that, Microsoft's next Windows will launch alongside a wave of new AI PCs from companies like Acer, MSI, GIGABYTE, and Quanta.

According to the report, 2024 is shaping up to be "the first year of AI PCs," with dedicated hardware built for generative AI. This means Microsoft is positioning Windows 12 as the first version of the operating system built for the age of AI - so it will be interesting to see what it brings to the table compared to Windows 11.

The publication doesn't say where it got the June 2024 launch info for Windows 11. However, the article does feature quotes from Acer CEO Jason Chen and Quanta's Barry Lam from the recent Taiwan Medical Technology Exhibition.

With the recent boom in generative AI and the burgeoning technology across various sectors, companies are going all in on the combination of AI PCs and AI servers working in unison. With Windows 12 at the heart of AI PCs, this isn't the first time we've heard about a potential 2024 launch. However, June would be much sooner than previous rumors and reports indicating a late 2024 launch.

With AI processing a part of Intel's new Meteor Lake CPUs, there's a chance that Windows 12 could require some form of baseline AI readiness on the CPU or GPU front as a requirement. The as-yet-unannounced Windows 12 has been listed as a supported operating system, and with Ryzen mobile 7040 'Phoenix' chips also sporting AI acceleration, there's a chance upgrading to Windows 12 might not be as easy as previous versions.

Report: Windows 12 will release in June 2024, Taiwan’s PC makers think

https://www.pcworld.com/article/216...ase-in-june-2024-taiwans-pc-makers-think.html

By Mark Hachman
Senior Editor, PCWorld DEC 1, 2023 10:31 AM PST

The report is vague, however, and is close to a rumor.

View attachment 406922

Microsoft’s Windows 12 will launch in June of 2024, according to Taiwan media quoting the chairmen of Acer and contract manufacturer Quanta.

The Commercial Times, Taiwan’s largest financial paper, led its report about a recent medical conference by stating that Microsoft’s Windows 12 will launch in June 2024. The paper was reporting on comments made by Barry Lam, the founder and chairman of PC contract manufacturer Quanta, and by Junsheng (Jason) Chen, the chairman and chief executive of Acer.

The CT did not directly attribute the Windows date to either executive, though it said that Lam stated that Quanta would be the “first to invest in AI PCs,” a new category of PCs that Intel chief executive Pat Gelsinger announced in July.

Though the definition differs slightly between companies, an AI PC is generally assumed to be a PC with a processor (such as Intel’s Meteor Lake, AMD’s Ryzen AI, and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon X Elite CPU) with on-chip AI capabilities. Intel will bring PC makers together in New York on December 14 to launch AI PCs, which should then be seen more broadly at CES in Las Vegas in January.

Microsoft, of course, has already begun shipping its own AI capabilities as part of Copilot, part of Windows 11’s 2023 Update. That large-language-model currently connects to the cloud, not a local processor. It’s unclear whether Windows 12 will continue that trend, or whether the OS will be able to use local AI capabilities instead.

PC makers, however, have certainly been given roadmaps by all of the AI players, as they ready their own hardware. (Quanta, as a “white box” PC maker, makes PCs that third-party PC makers sell under their own brand names.)

What’s unclear is the certainty of the June 2024 launch date. Similar reports by the Central News Agency (the news service of the Republic of China) and DigiTimes don’t mention that specific date, though it’s largely assumed that Microsoft will launch Windows 12 next year. While Windows 11 launched on October 5, Windows 10 launched on July 29, 2015 — so there is precedent, of a sort.

“He expects that by the summer of next year, with the launch of a new generation of Windows operating system, AI PCs will also be launched, and the demand is still difficult to estimate, but it is ‘a good opportunity’ for the industry,” the CT added, using AI-powered translation services.

Microsoft representatives had not responded to a request for comment by press time.

Old news moved to here (bottom only):

Windows 12: Everything we know so far

SEP 15, 2023 4:58 PM BST

Look out for it next year

https://www.techadvisor.com/article/745965/will-there-be-a-windows-12.html

Will Windows 12 have different hardware requirements?

Probably, yes. While laptops and PCs have retained the same core design for decades, plenty of other specs have already changed since Windows 11 was released.

Its hardware requirements proved controversial, but security features such as TPM and Secure Boot look set to remain for the foreseeable future.

The only rumoured system requirement so far comes from Deskmodder, which suggests you’ll need at least 8 GB of RAM rather than the current 4 GB. Other Windows 11 minimums of 64 GB of storage and a 720p may also be increased, but there’s no evidence for that yet.

View attachment 384775

Windows 12 Release Date(Expected)- Features, Requirements, Beta Version

https://arogyabharti2021.in/windows...A4pwe136_1dICFaJroYOaNt3DAlUhLCuvqldDDLatPyyg

Microsoft is all prepared to release the Windows 12 which will be full of features. However, only a certain set of PCs could get a chance to install the Latest Version of Windows which is due to release in 2024. As we all know that Windows 12 Release is firstly made public on Surface Laptops which are curated by Microsoft. However, you can get to know about the latest updates after it is released. It is being expected that Windows 12 Beta Version will be out in March 2024 and full Windows 12 Version for all the configurations will be out by the mid of next year.

You will be able to Download Windows 12 Update from your computer itself once it is rolled out by Microsoft. Now you must be excited to know about the Windows 12 Requirements so we want to tell you that minimum 4GB RAM and minimum 5th Gen i5 Processor. Get the overall information related to Windows 12 Release Date in this post and then start the countdown to update your PC.

Windows 12 Release Date

As we know, our computers run on the Operating System which is developed by Microsoft and makes your working easier. This Operating System in most of the Computers is Windows and its recent version known as Windows 11 was released in 2021. Many people faced and reported many problems in this version of Windows and all of them want these problems to be resolved. So Microsoft is developing Windows 12 in order to rectify these issues. Now as we know the problems are arising, people are waiting eagerly for Windows 12 Release Date which is expected to be in March 2024.

Moreover, once it is released all of you will be able to see the features in your PC. Direct Version will be available to download through your Windows Update Section and then after it is downloaded your computer will restart. After the PC turns on, you will see the latest Windows 12 as your Operating System.

Every one should know that, Competition of Windows has came in the Market and India Made Operating System is released known as Bharat Os.

Windows 12 Beta Version

The Early Access is given to all the users through Windows 12 Beta Version.

You will be able to see the features in this version and enjoy the latest Operating System.

Information related to errors and bugs is also invited through the Insider Program and then they are removed before the Final Release.
Windows 12 Beta Version is the full fledged working model but it is not the Final Version of Operating System.

As per our expectations, Windows 12 Beta Version will be out by March 2024 and after that final version will be released.

Windows 12 Features

Operating System NameWindows 12
DeveloperMicrosoft
Operated onAll the Personal Computers and Laptops
File Size1.2 GB
Windows 12 Release DateMarch 2024
Release ModeIn PC or on official website
Windows 12 FeaturesNo Bugs, Moments, better Refresh Rate, New Taskbar, Multiple Homepages, Podcast Application
Windows 12 Requirement4GB RAM, i5 or AMD Processor, minimum 256 GB HDD, Good Clock Speed
Type of PostTechnology
Official Websitemicrosoft.com

All the individuals who are excited to know about Windows 12 Features should see this section above. As per information available with us, you will be able to see Moments which will refresh continuously, Better Refresh Rate of PC and No Bugs will be seen by the user in Windows 12 as compared to 11th Edition. Apart from this New Taskbar will be introduced in the latest update of Windows. You should know that Requirements for Windows 12 are also given above such as minimum 4GB RAM and i5 Processor are required for the installation of the latest version of Operating System.

Windows 12 Requirements

The Latest Version of Windows is about to be rolled out in the 3rd month of 2024 and there are certain Windows 12 Requirements which you need to have in your PC in order to install the latest update. Moreover, as we know the update is about to release in the coming year so you will get ample time to upgrade your PC if it does not meet the Windows 12 Requirement.

Minimum i5 Processor of Intel or AMD processor with 1 GHZ Clock Speed is required.
Minimum 4 GB RAM is Required for Windows 12.
256 GB and above Hard Disk Storage.
13 Inches or above HD Screen.
Stable Internet Connection
Secure Boot Enabled System
TPM Enabled System.

Guidelines to Download Windows 12

In order to Download Windows 12, all the users can follow the steps mentioned below and then use the latest version.
First of all, click on Windows Icon and then search for Windows Update Menu.

After that click on the Check Updates button and wait for the search to finish.
Now you will see the Windows 12 Update option on your screen on which you have to click and proceed further.
Click on the Download button and wait for it to complete.
After that click on Install button and plug the charger on your PC.
Finally, you will see your PC Restart Menu which you have to accept and wait for the PC to restart.
So in this way, you can Download Windows 12 in your Personal Computer.

Windows 12 Download Beta Version

The Beta Version of Windows 12 is released before the final release in order to get the reviews from Users. However it is published only for those who have turned on Developer Mode. Using the Beta Version of Windows 12, you can check all the features and then report to Microsoft if there is any error found in it. We are here to provide you with the latest updates related to Windows 12 Release and Release Date of Beta Version.

FAQs on Windows 12 Release Date

What is the Expected Windows 12 Release Date?
Windows 12 Release Date is expected to be out by March 2024.

What will be the Windows 12 Features?
All the users who get hands on the Windows 12 Features will see Podcasts Application, Multiple Home Screens, Moments Application and more.

When Will Windows 12 Beta Version come?
Windows 12 Beta Version will be out by March 2024.

What are the Configuration Requirements for Windows 12?
Windows 12 Requirements include minimum 4GB RAM and 256 Hard Drive.

What is the File Size of Windows 12?
Windows 12 File size is 2.40 GB.

We know that Windows 12 operating system will be always 64 Bit only similar to Windows 11 was release out 2 years ago. No 32 Bits support anymore because Microsoft drop support 32 Bits on Windows 11 and after. Only Windows 10 have both 32 and 64 Bits also before old operating system had list 32 Bit and 64 Bit since Windows XP operating system have two different way are 32 Bit and 64 Bit.

We not sure if have more bloatware programs and maybe Microsoft added new spywares in background. We should find out what have new features and what happened next year 2024. Not sure if Windows 12 operating system is good or bad. Maybe missing features inside Windows 12 settings like control panel and go on... We should going to check in Windows 12 hidden settings then report list when find something. If we think Windows 12 is bad operating system then we should go to Linux operating system instead to forget Microsoft operating system away for good reasons.

I can't wait to get Windows 12 operating system to test on my VMware Workstation Pro running Windows 7 64 Bit or Windows 10 64 Bit to see if can run or not working. I have to wait and see until Windows 12 release out in year 2024.

Anyone have any more info about Windows 12 and let us know. I love everyone feedback and comments about Windows 12 to let me know about everything about Windows 12! ;)

Cheers B-)
This is cool, Finally an update

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Windows Copilot AI" will reportedly be replacing the start menu in Windows 12. Sounds like I'm definitely switching to Linux after Win10 EoL.
I am pretty late with responding to this but... I very much doubt Microsoft would straight up replace the Start button / menu with Copilot. We all remember the last time they tried to radically change the Start menu it backfired massively, and we know they wouldn't want to repeat that mistake again. The furthest they will likely go will be replacing the search button / bar on the taskbar and in the Start menu with a Copilot bar, or whatever.

Nadella says “The Copilot is like the Start button", but it cannot be the Start button.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
They still cater and sell 8GB ram laptops to unsuspecting victims via walmart marketplace, best buy, and amazon. My friend asked me about buying a laptop at the beginning of covid while they were attempting college remote.

I told them to get at least something with 16gb ram for futureproof amongst other things, and their excuse was I dont need to spend that extra just for this.
Now back in 2022 them complaining how their laptop is so slow all the time, shouldve listend blah blah.
The sellers probably make a quick profit off of those 8gb systems :o

But I do hope they release Win12 soon so I can talk smack to the people at work who just love windows 11. lol

I know this is a late response, but advice you could have given them is make sure the RAM is upgradable.

8GB RAM can still be ok for basic 'word and web', based on my family's systems, but if you do need more then socketed RAM can fix it relatively cheaply.

Same goes for storage.

My 'good' laptop only came with 512GB storage and 8GB RAM, but I was able to fix these relatively cheaply thanks to a SATA connector, second M.2 slot and a free RAM socket.

I once made the mistake of buying a laptop unknowingly with soldered RAM, which was annoying as the system was otherwise ok and I bought it thinking I could upgrade it in time.

Reactions: console and eternal

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am pretty late with responding to this but... I very much doubt Microsoft would straight up replace the Start button / menu with Copilot. We all remember the last time they tried to radically change the Start menu it backfired massively, and we know they wouldn't want to repeat that mistake again. The furthest they will likely go will be replacing the search button / bar on the taskbar and in the Start menu with a Copilot bar, or whatever.

Nadella says “The Copilot is like the Start button", but it cannot be the Start button.
Already try it on Windows 8 and was a total failure, but the kids today lets anything go deep on the throat if is advertised like "IA" or woke, so no wonder if this time will succeed.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a late response, but advice you could have given them is make sure the RAM is upgradable.

8GB RAM can still be ok for basic 'word and web', based on my family's systems, but if you do need more then socketed RAM can fix it relatively cheaply.

Same goes for storage.

My 'good' laptop only came with 512GB storage and 8GB RAM, but I was able to fix these relatively cheaply thanks to a SATA connector, second M.2 slot and a free RAM socket.

I once made the mistake of buying a laptop unknowingly with soldered RAM, which was annoying as the system was otherwise ok and I bought it thinking I could upgrade it in time.
I believe the one they bought was soldered. So it wouldnt have made a difference. 😥 Saving money for them was the name of the game. :(

console

OP
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
That's true!

If anyone bought computer from DELL, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Alienware and few others which are soldered on motherboards are one biggest problems for us and people can get angry for not able to upgrade like RAM and other way. Problems are custom motherboard (not standard like E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX, ITX) and watch out on power supply look not normal size means not ATX size! Something small than ATX size is not approved know very short life span means will going in failure without warning! I hate custom motherboard and small power supply unit (PSU)! That's why I quit DELL and HP for good reasons then done with them. They have quality control problems and design flaws on most of motherboard and power supply.

Very few BIOS updates like between 1 - 5 means not much to us. What about future threats from malware, ransomware, etc that would affect DELL, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Alienware and few others when BIOS is not update often to protect them from security flaws & exploits that would affect anyone on computer which easy to get infect and hack their accounts are come from hackers are love to harvest data and personal info from them if they don't update BIOS to latest version. That's where Chinese computer makers don't care about quality control issues affect on people if they get infect inside BIOS like something would be biggest problems connect to their hacked accounts (all types like bank, shopping, email, social (Facebook, etc) and more. They will be get very angry on lousy computer what they bought from store or online shopping. They must do more very careful which to choose right computer for them.

Anyone can return lousy computer back to store to get full refund and I recommend buy CyberPowerPC is one best company use custom built with standard (not custom) motherboard brands are ASUS, Asrock, Gigabyte and MSI with standard ATX power supply unit then everyone will or can upgrade anytime in near future when they wanted. Look at ASUS, Asrock, Gigabyte and MSI have many BIOS updates are best way to go and keep our computers stay safe against malware attacks like that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto