Windows 12 will release out in year 2024

zetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
WinXP and 7 were great, in both usability and customizability. Not too fond of 10, but it will do for now.
Win11 was a disaster - came pre-installed on my laptop and after a bit of testing (and trying to deactivate M$' spyware)
i got rid of it. Fucking crap.
If they really want to retain their status, they better not fuck this up again with useless bloatware and home-calling.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issues with this
Vista eventually got good
Windows 8.1
Windows 2000
Windows 98 was shit
Windows 7 was basically just finished Vista with a better skin

I am willing to bet Windows 12 is going to be similar to 7 in the regards of literally just being 11 but fully finished with a new skin
Saying with a new skin I'd say is poor seeing that every time they adopt a new skin they never finish it. They do part of it and leave the rest.

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
OP
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
My first use is Windows ME in year 2001 until 2004 then changed operating system to Windows XP. Starcraft running fine. But Warcraft 3 and SpellForce crash sometimes in random way then I was forced upgrade to Windows XP to fix crash issues and no more crashing when play games. I don't recommend Windows ME anymore and dumped away for worst operating system in history what I did experience with it.

There are good very important software / programs for Windows 10, Windows 11 and will add Windows 12 in new versions later. We should must have few good programs for Windows 10, Windows 11 and later (Windows 12) to use to fix them like stop auto updates from Windows Updates and what Microsoft did mess setting with operating system that what we and people don't like them.

Show Desktop Icons - Show Desktop Icons is a simple portable tool that allows you to hide/unhide common icons from the desktop.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sordum_show_desktop_icons.html

Homepage: https://www.sordum.org/9341/show-desktop-icons-v1-2/

1691045647049.png

This will help to restore old school design back like in Windows 9x to Windows XP on Windows 10, Windows 11 and Windows 12 when program get updated to new version.

O&O ShutUp10++ for Windows 10, 11

Homepage: https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

1700339652988.png

1700339757534.png

O&O ShutUp10++ means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 and Windows 11 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 and Windows 11 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.

O&O ShutUp10++ is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

More control over your operating system:

Adapt your security settings
Protect your privacy
Control location services
Disable telemetry for Microsoft Office
Do not pass on your user data and diagnostics

Windows 11 and Windows 10 wants to give users the easiest possible daily experience and in doing so very rarely forces you to actually read and confirm a security notice. Unfortunately, this simplified approach from Microsoft means much more data is passed onto them than many users would like.

Microsoft uses most data to display personalized information to you that is aimed at making your computer life easier. As an example, Windows can remind you to set off to the airport 30 minutes earlier due to traffic en route. In order to deliver this information to you, however, Windows has to access your calendar entries, your mails (i.e. the airline confirmation email), your location and it has to have access to the internet to get traffic news.

Some services protocol your entire keyboard entries, share your WLAN access data with your facebook contacts or connect your computer without asking permission to a public – and potentially unprotected – network. While this means that you and your contacts do not have to grapple with complicated WLAN passwords, it also poses a significant security risk.

Decide for yourself how important your “comfort” is when weighed up with your privacy and how to protect it. O&O ShutUp10++ presents you with all important settings in one location – you need no previous IT knowledge and there is no need to manually change the Windows system settings.

O&O ShutUp10++ is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!

DoNotSpy11 - Disable all advertising, spywares by Microsoft company

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/donotspy11.html

Homepage: https://pxc-coding.com/donotspy11/

1691044911186.png

DoNotSpy11 is an updated anti-spy tool for Windows 10 and 11 by the author of DoNotSpy10.

You are given the ability to manage your privacy while using Windows 10, Windows 11, Microsoft Edge, and Microsoft Office. Microsoft utilizes many new "diagnostic" features to collect usage data to provide a better user experience. But, collecting this data can be a privacy risk, as we have seen from various news stories about this data being captured and used for criminal purposes. DoNotSpy11 gives you the ability to manage what gets shared.

DoNotSpy11 provides tweaks not easily accessible through the apps Windows provides and combines them all in one application so you can efficiently protect your privacy. Manage settings including Advertising, Apps, Windows Defender, Microsoft Edge, Office, Privacy, Search, Start, Updates, etc.

It does give you the option to set a restore point (recommended) allowing you to easily revert if you are not satisfied with the changes made.

If you have used DoNotSpy10, the interface will be familiar; if not, you will find a user-friendly app that, like its predecessor, is an excellent tool for taking charge of your privacy.

Windows Update Blocker - Block very annoy auto Windows Updates!

Homepage: https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-8/

1691046199607.png

Windows 11 and 10 offers less UI control over the updating behavior of the operating system than previous versions of Windows , There is no option to turn off Windows Updates using the Control Panel or Settings app in Windows 11 & 10, it checks for updates automatically and install any updates they find, whether you like it or not. This new feature is actually pretty convenient for most users. If you want control over the update process you can disable the Windows Update service . This requires that you open the Services manager, locate the service and change its startup parameter and status. You would then have to enable the service again whenever you want the operating system to check for updates (It does not look so easy).

Windows Update Blocker is a freeware that helps you to completely disable or enable Automatic Updates on your Windows system , with just a click of the button . This utility is portable, which means that you are no longer required to go through the installation process and no leftovers will remain on the HDD after its removal. if you place the program file to an external data device, you make it possible to take Windows Update Blocker everywhere with you and use it on any computer you come in contact with, who has things configured just right, and doesn’t want to take the chance that an update might mess up their system. This utility is for that person.

StopUpdates10 - To block very annoy Windows 10, 11 auto updates!

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/stopupdates10.html

Homepage: https://greatis.com/stopupdates10/

1691046922161.png

Updates are important for your safety. It is suggested you to get your Windows always updated.

But it's really frustrating to me, that Windows 10 interrupts my work and makes me reboot my PC to install their update/upgrades. Unfortunately, there is no way to control Windows updating using the Windows interface.

In the old days of Windows 7, there was an ability to control updates using a Windows control panel applet.

In Windows 10 days this option has been removed.

Why is it bad?

Windows update does really slow down of your PC.
What if you need to complete an urgent work or you just want to play games, but windows update stops you from doing so by slowing down your system.

Windows Update can break your work and pleasure of playing games.

You open your laptop just to send a message, but it starts with a black screen: "Upgrading Windows...".

You have no time to wait for finishing updates. But you can't stop it!

You think, that you know a good trick, how to fix it. It just need to stop Widnows update service and create some special registry keys.

Hah! It does not work!

Microsoft prevents disabling Windows updates using several methods:

Special scheduled task (USOClient,Windows10Upgrade, UpdateAssistant).
Hidden service "WAAS Medic".

That's why I created a small powerful utility StopUpdates10 that gets back control over updates to me.

Take control of your life and Windows updates!

Skip UAC Prompt - To stop annoy Windows will throw a UAC (User Account Control) prompt when we try to open program, game, etc and it's ask us nasty everyday.

Homepage: https://www.sordum.org/16219/skip-uac-prompt-v1-0/

1691047540616.png

Running an app at system startup is easy; you can add it to the Startup folder on Windows. These apps run with normal user privileges and that’s fine in almost every case but Windows doesn’t allow elevated tasks at startup that is why you can’t just auto run programs with administrative privileges at startup. When running tasks or commands as administrator, Windows will throw a UAC (User Account Control) prompt that you’ll have to confirm if you want the task to run.

You can create an elevated shortcut for the program that will allow you to bypass UAC Prompt and run the program without seeing the UAC Prompt in Windows by using Task Scheduler this requires many steps. For this reason, we have coded the application called Skip UAC prompt. This utility also allows you to enable or disable UAC for the apps of your choosing without entirely deactivating UAC systemwide.

I maybe run out of idea which high recommend more good software / programs for Windows 10, 11 and 12. If anyone know good very important program names and let us know which we can use them to fix Windows issues! Please keep post many times as everyone like to enjoy share with us and people! B-) :yay:

Wow! I get notice about this my thread Windows 12 will release out in year 2024 has been viewed over 1,000 times!. Awesome!!! I can't believe that! Congrats! :blink: :hrth:

Last edited by console,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my personal preference, I wouldn't block Windows Updates, except for that stupid forced "upgrade" to Windows 11 which you can block it and it never shows up again (if you use a retail 10 version, i.e. Home/Pro).

If we really wanted to change to a newer Windows OS then we'd do it ourselves, M$. 🙄

Reactions: console

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, purposely blocking updates is really, really, really stupid
windows update has improved over the dark ages that it was in windows 7 where it would absolutely destroy your system taking up all your resources

but i guess that's the mindset that's been hatched from people who mindlessly stick to windows 7 despite staying insecure asf, why else would they want to block updates

i have first hand experience with updates being better, i have low/midrange PCs from ~2007 that i work with occasionally, windows 7 update brings them to their knees and they become completely unusable while i update, while they remain completely fine when i run windows 10 on them, and run windows update

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris Titus Tech posted a video on YouTube about a Debloated Windows 11, and it honestly looks pretty good without all the usual garbage. :)

Even the Windows Store can be disabled and so Edge, too.

Well, good as that looks, I'm sticking with 10.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza and console

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried Chris Titus' Windows 11 Debloated method and nope, still don't like it. I'm just gonna install Windows 10 LTSC on that laptop and be done with it.

For example, the Start Menu, the programs are listed like apps on iOS/Android rather than just a list of programs as it normally is (well, for Windows 10 and less).

Reactions: console

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My first use is Windows ME in year 2001 until 2004 then changed operating system to Windows XP. Starcraft running fine. But Warcraft 3 and SpellForce crash sometimes in random way then I was forced upgrade to Windows XP to fix crash issues and no more crashing when play games. I don't recommend Windows ME anymore and dumped away for worst operating system in history what I did experience with it.

There are good very important software / programs for Windows 10, Windows 11 and will add Windows 12 in new versions later. We should must have few good programs for Windows 10, Windows 11 and later (Windows 12) to use to fix them like stop auto updates from Windows Updates and what Microsoft did mess setting with operating system that what we and people don't like them.

Show Desktop Icons - Show Desktop Icons is a simple portable tool that allows you to hide/unhide common icons from the desktop.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sordum_show_desktop_icons.html

Homepage: https://www.sordum.org/9341/show-desktop-icons-v1-2/

View attachment 386374

This will help to restore old school design back like in Windows 9x to Windows XP on Windows 10, Windows 11 and Windows 12 when program get updated to new version.

DoNotSpy11 - Disable all advertising, spywares by Microsoft company

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/donotspy11.html

Homepage: https://pxc-coding.com/donotspy11/

View attachment 386373

DoNotSpy11 is an updated anti-spy tool for Windows 10 and 11 by the author of DoNotSpy10.

You are given the ability to manage your privacy while using Windows 10, Windows 11, Microsoft Edge, and Microsoft Office. Microsoft utilizes many new "diagnostic" features to collect usage data to provide a better user experience. But, collecting this data can be a privacy risk, as we have seen from various news stories about this data being captured and used for criminal purposes. DoNotSpy11 gives you the ability to manage what gets shared.

DoNotSpy11 provides tweaks not easily accessible through the apps Windows provides and combines them all in one application so you can efficiently protect your privacy. Manage settings including Advertising, Apps, Windows Defender, Microsoft Edge, Office, Privacy, Search, Start, Updates, etc.

It does give you the option to set a restore point (recommended) allowing you to easily revert if you are not satisfied with the changes made.

If you have used DoNotSpy10, the interface will be familiar; if not, you will find a user-friendly app that, like its predecessor, is an excellent tool for taking charge of your privacy.

Windows Update Blocker - Block very annoy auto Windows Updates!

Homepage: https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-8/

View attachment 386377

Windows 11 and 10 offers less UI control over the updating behavior of the operating system than previous versions of Windows , There is no option to turn off Windows Updates using the Control Panel or Settings app in Windows 11 & 10, it checks for updates automatically and install any updates they find, whether you like it or not. This new feature is actually pretty convenient for most users. If you want control over the update process you can disable the Windows Update service . This requires that you open the Services manager, locate the service and change its startup parameter and status. You would then have to enable the service again whenever you want the operating system to check for updates (It does not look so easy).

Windows Update Blocker is a freeware that helps you to completely disable or enable Automatic Updates on your Windows system , with just a click of the button . This utility is portable, which means that you are no longer required to go through the installation process and no leftovers will remain on the HDD after its removal. if you place the program file to an external data device, you make it possible to take Windows Update Blocker everywhere with you and use it on any computer you come in contact with, who has things configured just right, and doesn’t want to take the chance that an update might mess up their system. This utility is for that person.

StopUpdates10 - To block very annoy Windows 10, 11 auto updates!

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/stopupdates10.html

Homepage: https://greatis.com/stopupdates10/

View attachment 386378

Updates are important for your safety. It is suggested you to get your Windows always updated.

But it's really frustrating to me, that Windows 10 interrupts my work and makes me reboot my PC to install their update/upgrades. Unfortunately, there is no way to control Windows updating using the Windows interface.

In the old days of Windows 7, there was an ability to control updates using a Windows control panel applet.

In Windows 10 days this option has been removed.

Why is it bad?

Windows update does really slow down of your PC.
What if you need to complete an urgent work or you just want to play games, but windows update stops you from doing so by slowing down your system.

Windows Update can break your work and pleasure of playing games.

You open your laptop just to send a message, but it starts with a black screen: "Upgrading Windows...".

You have no time to wait for finishing updates. But you can't stop it!

You think, that you know a good trick, how to fix it. It just need to stop Widnows update service and create some special registry keys.

Hah! It does not work!

Microsoft prevents disabling Windows updates using several methods:

Special scheduled task (USOClient,Windows10Upgrade, UpdateAssistant).
Hidden service "WAAS Medic".

That's why I created a small powerful utility StopUpdates10 that gets back control over updates to me.

Take control of your life and Windows updates!

Skip UAC Prompt - To stop annoy Windows will throw a UAC (User Account Control) prompt when we try to open program, game, etc and it's ask us nasty everyday.

Homepage: https://www.sordum.org/16219/skip-uac-prompt-v1-0/

View attachment 386379

Running an app at system startup is easy; you can add it to the Startup folder on Windows. These apps run with normal user privileges and that’s fine in almost every case but Windows doesn’t allow elevated tasks at startup that is why you can’t just auto run programs with administrative privileges at startup. When running tasks or commands as administrator, Windows will throw a UAC (User Account Control) prompt that you’ll have to confirm if you want the task to run.

You can create an elevated shortcut for the program that will allow you to bypass UAC Prompt and run the program without seeing the UAC Prompt in Windows by using Task Scheduler this requires many steps. For this reason, we have coded the application called Skip UAC prompt. This utility also allows you to enable or disable UAC for the apps of your choosing without entirely deactivating UAC systemwide.

I maybe run out of idea which high recommend more good software / programs for Windows 10, 11 and 12. If anyone know good very important program names and let us know which we can use them to fix Windows issues! Please keep post many times as everyone like to enjoy share with us and people! B-) :yay:

Wow! I get notice about this my thread Windows 12 will release out in year 2024 has been viewed over 1,000 times!. Awesome!!! I can't believe that! Congrats! :blink: :hrth:
The Best tunning app is WinAero-tweaker (https://winaero.com/winaero-tweaker/) is a great compendium and the documentation is big.

Reactions: akaSM and console

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really was! My first PC had 98SE and I am still trying to relive that experience!

It is becoming more of a reality when you look at the current state of gaming on Linux and even MacOS coming up in the race for gaming. Windows' gaming dominance is starting to look pretty rocky.
yeah considering proton-ge (non steam proton clone) runs a decent amount of windows games shame that steam os3 is outdated package wise with very little options to upgrade the packages) hence i use the freely build holoiso (same thing as steamos3 but less restrictions (no need to unlock root every OS update) and up to date pacjages heck the newest iso Holoiso v5 uses zen rather than steamOS's custom kernel and has more packages in tune with ChimeraOS runs great on the deck oto

Reactions: The Catboy

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy (YouTube recommended me his video) makes very good points about the future of the Windows OS and if Microsoft doesn't get their shit together, they're risking losing massive amounts of customers over to Linux/Android and Mac.

Guess the only ones sticking around would be modern gamers and even those can use Linux nowadays, I think.

• Wow
Reactions: console and eternal

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Windows 12 😆

M$ releasing it so soon indicates Windows 11 has failed to attract everyone, but surely they know why.

If they truly want Windows users to remain using Windows, they better not fuck up Windows 12 or I'll keep using Windows 10 LTSC until 2029. :)

By the way, 4GB RAM? I mean on Windows 10 it works "fine" with that, just not too smoothly as expected. 8GB RAM should become the minimum.
I haven't seen a system with less than 8GB since 2019 tbh. (My 2019 HP Craptop came with a single 4GB stick.)

• Haha
Reactions: eternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto