Testing the new EZ-Flash Parallel

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
I would not expect them to spend time on SD speed benchmarks and such but if these influencers did their job right they would have tested homebrew compatibility and some games that are known to run bad on some flashcarts. It's unfortunate they are promoting a more expensive and inferior product.

Reactions: Jemtao

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I got this a while back. Just arrived. With every post, I remembered dont be a beta tester for something you pay for....

20240427_200952.jpg

I'm sure once they release "EZ-flash parallel Definitive Edition" they will fix all the problems

:glare:

Jemtao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know what to tell you. The games I own with FMV intros before 1.05 would not load and now they do with 1.05. And games that were not quite at full speed now are at full speed. From what I can tell the changelogs are pretty vague, so I'm just reporting my personal experience.
I opened up a few games yesterday, especially ones with FMW intros and I've noticed that the lag has improved, but slowdown is still apparent. In-game cutscenes run smoothly now (at least in Pokemon).

I'm happy for the improvement, but still upset that such an expensive, higher quality device is still not up to par with shovelware carts.

Edit: forgot to mention that I installed the 1.06 kernel for this

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I opened up a few games yesterday, especially ones with FMW intros and I've noticed that the lag has improved, but slowdown is still apparent. In-game cutscenes run smoothly now (at least in Pokemon).

I'm happy for the improvement, but still upset that such an expensive, higher quality device is still not up to par with shovelware carts.

Edit: forgot to mention that I installed the 1.06 kernel for this
Well, it's basically a shovel ware card too, just in a fancy shell and PCB.

It works with the same Base Kernel (just modified by EZ) as any of those Ace3DSPlus Clones after all, in it's latest open source iteration (1.25) so it's Missi a lot of changes that happened afterwards, which EZ now needs to fix themselves.

And some changes needed work ASAP (the Casper Game Brick), while others doesn't seem to be on their main priority (sleep issues).

Reactions: neufel

Sato92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Testing this card for a month and two weeks. I like plug and play on my dsi/3ds/n3ds. It LOADS games faster than r4, BUT in game had stutters (DoS fmv test failed, contra4 loading new lication stutters )
The most disappointing thing is broken sleep mode. Really. I play ds on the go, and after closing the kid i dont wanna hear game sounds with that CLKCLKCLK noise.
Really hope to improvements, integration with twiilight menu. But now, i stuck with games on sd carf of dsi

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this a while back. Just arrived. With every post, I remembered dont be a beta tester for something you pay for....

View attachment 434199

I'm sure once they release "EZ-flash parallel Definitive Edition" they will fix all the problems

:glare:
Lord, if they release a DE and leave the current one lacking it'll just be SMT Vengeance all over again.

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Testing this card for a month and two weeks. I like plug and play on my dsi/3ds/n3ds. It LOADS games faster than r4, BUT in game had stutters (DoS fmv test failed, contra4 loading new lication stutters )
The most disappointing thing is broken sleep mode. Really. I play ds on the go, and after closing the kid i dont wanna hear game sounds with that CLKCLKCLK noise.
Really hope to improvements, integration with twiilight menu. But now, i stuck with games on sd carf of dsi
You don't buy the EZ Flash, to have it run Twilight Menu on it later on tbh.

Twilight usually is a replacement for the Kernel (if it's bad / outdated / etc), and since EZ Flash is still new and should get updates to make it theoretically the best Flash Card, atleast from a Kernel Standpoint (not Shell, SD Reader etc), you would in the end just downgrade the card with that.

Why are people so obsessed with Twilight all the time, it's great for DSi and 3DS and a bunch of older Flash Cards too, but not exactly for this one.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't buy the EZ Flash, to have it run Twilight Menu on it later on tbh.

Twilight usually is a replacement for the Kernel (if it's bad / outdated / etc), and since EZ Flash is still new and should get updates to make it theoretically the best Flash Card, atleast from a Kernel Standpoint (not Shell, SD Reader etc), you would in the end just downgrade the card with that.

Why are people so obsessed with Twilight all the time, it's great for DSi and 3DS and a bunch of older Flash Cards too, but not exactly for this one.
It would be nice if it were compatible with TWiLight Menu as it bundles many emulators making it an easier setup than setting up individual emulators. Seeing as almost any cart on the maket past and present is compatible with TWiLight Menu, it is just an annoyance you do not expect from a premium priced product.

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be nice if it were compatible with TWiLight Menu as it bundles many emulators making it an easier setup than setting up individual emulators. Seeing as almost any cart on the maket past and present is compatible with TWiLight Menu, it is just an annoyance you do not expect from a premium priced product.
It's not really setting them up much, it just redirects games to it, so you don't need to open "emulator A.nds" first basically.

And as I said, you would be going by Bootstrap then most of the time, which unlike it's DSi and 3DS counterpart has a few more issues on a Cartridge actually, making the default Kernel for most cards (Wood, BL2CK, etc) the better choice, and eventually EZ Flash own Kernel too, in months or years.

But Yes, that the Card has Homebrew issues is another story, but then again, we had that talk more then enough by now I guess in any thread that the EZ Flash Parallel is currently just a Shiny Shell and otherwise pretty garbage to any 5 bucks clone lol

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It loads games faster than R4. Which R4? The cart is insanely slow in most aspects (game loading, save creation and just booting into the Wood kernel). Unless 1.06 changed more under the hood than I am aware of (currently bricked...but I suspect not much changed) besides the fix for the Casper game that caused my brick, I'll assume the sluggish overall operation remains. The lack of speed would be somewhat tolerable if in game reset were working properly (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). Before my brick I experienced corruption of the __ezds (system folder) multiple times due to malfunctioning in game reset. I still have hopes the cart will mature enough (should the team continue to provide continued kernel upgrades) to warrant more than occasional used compared to my other carts.
Post automatically merged:

It's not really setting them up much, it just redirects games to it, so you don't need to open "emulator A.nds" first basically.

And as I said, you would be going by Bootstrap then most of the time, which unlike it's DSi and 3DS counterpart has a few more issues on a Cartridge actually, making the default Kernel for most cards (Wood, BL2CK, etc) the better choice, and eventually EZ Flash own Kernel too, in months or years.

But Yes, that the Card has Homebrew issues is another story, but then again, we had that talk more then enough by now I guess in any thread that the EZ Flash Parallel is currently just a Shiny Shell and otherwise pretty garbage to any 5 bucks clone lol
I usually run TWiLight Menu by manually loading it from standard kernels (Wood, BL2CK, AKAIO, or YSMenu), but I like the ease of use for emulation (I use GBARunner3, nesDS, and gameyob) and stock feel of the UI. If one has a DSi/3DS running it from cart definitely has less appeal as you stated.

Last edited by stl25,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing?