Help Accidently blue screened my switch!!!

bladex987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I turn on my switch I get a blue screen. I am a complete dumbass for doing this but I wish to know if there is a way to fix this issue or if my switch is bricked indefinitely. To start this shit show, I was trying to upgrade my sd card to a bigger sd card through atmosphere by following the re-entry guide for hekate (upgrading your micro-sd card). Around step 21 I got confused and couldn't find the emuMMC option (it was on the home screen I still can't believe I couldn't find it. I ended up choosing random options on the screen below and I clicked on the option eMMC USER (I got frustrated) and immediately turned off the console because I realize it wasn't doing what I wanted. Apparently it was writing on the consoles NAND and I ended up corrupting the console so badly, to the point where I cannot boot my switch without seeing this damned blue screen. I have tried completely powering down the console (Holding the power button until the console powers off) to no avail, I have tried booting into hekate (I'm using autoRCM) and TegraRCM isn't detecting an RCM device. I've tried backing up my console with the backup I had but I can't even boot into hekate to perform a full NAND back-up. Is there a fix for this or am I going to have to purchase a new switch.

Attachments

• 1710263582343.png
    1710263582343.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 12

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
The picture shown is for backup nand not resore, so not likely writting anything to emmc though.
If you have a v1 unpatched device, and you have auto_RCM turned on, you could mostly inject payload after cold boot,or remove emmc module before boot and reconnect when you see device detected from PC.
NAND corrupted is not a big deal if you have your prod.key and prodinfo backup, you could always rebuild nand if you dont mind just losing savedata
Post automatically merged:

You might have restored the emummc boot0/1 into sysnand IMO.
Boot your device into RCM mode(using jig or unplug emmc module before boot then plugin again). and resotre boot0/1 either from backup or emmchacgen. Make sure boot0//1 matches you device fuse count.

Last edited by jkyoho,

bladex987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The picture shown is for backup nand not resore, so not likely writting anything to emmc though.
If you have a v1 unpatched device, and you have auto_RCM turned on, you could mostly inject payload after cold boot,or remove emmc module before boot and reconnect when you see device detected from PC.
NAND corrupted is not a big deal if you have your prod.key and prodinfo backup, you could always rebuild nand if you dont mind just losing savedata

You might have restored the emummc boot0/1 into sysnand IMO.
Boot your device into RCM mode(using jig or unplug emmc module before boot then plugin again). and resotre boot0/1 either from backup or emmchacgen. Make sure boot0//1 matches you device fuse count
When you say cold boot are you referring to using the jig to boot into rcm, also removing the emmc module would be removing the sd card correct?

bladex987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is probably your NAND if you can boot up to Hekate. You got a full NAND backup to restore to?
Yes, I guess I'll have to use that

Problem is probably your NAND if you can boot up to Hekate. You got a full NAND backup to restore to?
wait how do I restore my nand if I can't even boot into hekate?

Noobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I am having this exact same problem, I had auto rcm on, but as soon as I connect the cable/turn on the console, the screen is blue. I did the mod long time ago and I can't find any backup (I don't even know what files I have to search). I used the tinfoil/paperclip method to mod it, so I got no chip or soldering stuff going on.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am having this exact same problem, I had auto rcm on, but as soon as I connect the cable/turn on the console, the screen is blue. I did the mod long time ago and I can't find any backup (I don't even know what files I have to search). I used the tinfoil/paperclip method to mod it, so I got no chip or soldering stuff going on.
I always suggest making a backup through Hekake, otherwise you have no way of restoring. Its also best if you want to boot from an emuNAND to play all of your offline games and homebrew.

NEVER use tinfoil to bridge the contacts on the JoyCon connector, as you can potentially fry it. Buy those jigs off eBay or AliExpress as they cost pennies and are more easier to use.

Noobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I always suggest making a backup through Hekake, otherwise you have no way of restoring. Its also best if you want to boot from an emuNAND to play all of your offline games and homebrew.

NEVER use tinfoil to bridge the contacts on the JoyCon connector, as you can potentially fry it. Buy those jigs off eBay or AliExpress as they cost pennies and are more easier to use.
I have some backup data, but I got no clue if it's helpful or not. What exactly I need to look for?

Noobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NAND backup consist of Boot0/Boot1 and the rawnand.bin
oh, ok. I got them. I used them, but then it wouldn't run anything, not even stock. So
I had the dumb idea to turn it on without the sd card. Now it's stuck on blue screen and can't even access to rcm

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, ok. I got them. I used them, but then it wouldn't run anything, not even stock. So
I had the dumb idea to turn it on without the sd card. Now it's stuck on blue screen and can't even access to rcm

If you restore your nand and it still wouldn't boot there is something wrong with your switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto