Hardware Switch unable to boot after pressing power button in Hekate (USB tools, SD browsing)

Deleted member 699755

OP
Trophies
XP
Hi all, I’m a novice, but I’ve modded my Switch following the Rentry guide with no problem up until now. Among other things, I’d enabled AutoRCM and replaced the Atmosphere reboot payload in the /atmosphere folder with a Hekate payload (some dumb reason).

Today I tried to run an MTP responder through DBI, but even though my laptop (Win 11) was connected to my Switch through USB-C, and even though the process for launching the MTP responder seemed to have run on my Switch’s side, my PC couldn’t seem to detect my Switch, so I rebooted directly from reboot-to-payload into Hekate and tried to use the SD browsing option in USB tools to transfer some files. That didn’t work either for some reason, and on my second attempt to do so, I got some errors on Hekate’s end that I can’t exactly recall — maybe some type of writing error and something else. Regardless, Hekate proceeded to freeze up, and nothing I did with the touch screen or buttons would unfreeze it, so I pressed the power button, and the screen immediately turned off. Ever since, I’ve tried to turn the Switch off and on (held power button for over 30 seconds) again to get it into RCM mode (via AutoRCM) and even physically tried to induce RCM mode with my jig, but TegraRCMGUI won’t ever detect RCM mode. Could my Switch be bricked, or might it be some other problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol