USB Loader GX - Can it support 2 HD at the same time (vWii+Wii U)

Duamutef_MC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there!

I tried - on both 1271 and 1272 - to get my vWii drive (hidden from Wii U via UStealth) to work together with the Wii U drive.

vWii drive is plugged in port 0 via a Y cable whose power cable is connected to a USB powered hub.
Wii U drive is plugged in port 1/2/3 via a Y cable whose power cable is connected to a USB powered hub.

When the Wii U drive is plugged in the port 1 or 2/3 (the ones on the front), the drive in port 0 is ignored by USB Loader GX (sometimes it shows an error such as "nothing found, reverting to channel view")

Trying to find the HD via the Hard Drive menu works *only* when the Wii U drive is disconnected.

Now: is there a way for the two drives to coexist? I don't feel like injecting 1000 Wii/WiiWare titles into Wii U, and I'd like to avoid having to use a USB switcher every time.

Let me know your thoughts - I have been searching this entire board and it looks like even the creator of the glorious USB Loader GX can't think of a software workaround.

PS: Can't you add an option to redirect all calls to usb1:/, usb2:/ and usb3:/ to usb0:/? Something like "Port 0 Only Mode"?

Thank you in advance to everybody. Keep modding! ^___^

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been wanting to do this for years but have been too lazy to figure it out! tagging myself here for anyone that might post a solution.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there!

I tried - on both 1271 and 1272 - to get my vWii drive (hidden from Wii U via UStealth) to work together with the Wii U drive.

vWii drive is plugged in port 0 via a Y cable whose power cable is connected to a USB powered hub.
Wii U drive is plugged in port 1/2/3 via a Y cable whose power cable is connected to a USB powered hub.

When the Wii U drive is plugged in the port 1 or 2/3 (the ones on the front), the drive in port 0 is ignored by USB Loader GX (sometimes it shows an error such as "nothing found, reverting to channel view")

Trying to find the HD via the Hard Drive menu works *only* when the Wii U drive is disconnected.

Now: is there a way for the two drives to coexist? I don't feel like injecting 1000 Wii/WiiWare titles into Wii U, and I'd like to avoid having to use a USB switcher every time.

Let me know your thoughts - I have been searching this entire board and it looks like even the creator of the glorious USB Loader GX can't think of a software workaround.

PS: Can't you add an option to redirect all calls to usb1:/, usb2:/ and usb3:/ to usb0:/? Something like "Port 0 Only Mode"?

Thank you in advance to everybody. Keep modding! ^___^
the restriction of usb iirc is due to the cios version you're using, not usb loader gx. beta-52 has wiiware support and only one usb port can be used; I think beta-53 has no wiiware support but both usb ports on the back can be used. just plug the vwii into the back with the data cable plugged into port 0 or if you have a powered drive, the cable plugged into port 0. then, use the front two ports for the wiiu. btw, if you use wiiware on the vwii, you have to change the FAT library when installing the cios or else games will either give you a black screen or return to usb loader gx.

Duamutef_MC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So no WiiWare available with 2 hard disks at the same time?

Front ports are also seen by USB Loader GX with beta-52, so that any drive connected there will prevent the drive in port 0 from working.

Is a physical USB switch the only solution at this point if you want to keep beta-52?

FOXSYNCLAYER

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Were you able to resolve the problem?
Post automatically merged:

Were you able to resolve the problem?
Post automatically merged:

I am facing a problem after updating my vWii's cIos to d2x-v11-beta1-vWii. When starting the usb loader gx with 2 hard drives (one from the wiiU at the front with a Y cable and the other from the vWii at the back with a Y cable) my usb loader gx simply hangs on the loading screen with the message "Reinitializing Devices"; But if I start the vWii without the WiiU's HD it loads normally. This problem did not happen before updating the cIos, I used the 2 hard drives connected and the usb loader gx started normally. What can it be?

Last edited by FOXSYNCLAYER,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the issue is with the USB ports. I have an active USB hub (one that uses an external power plug) in which I attached the vWii HDD and the Wii U HDD with a y-cable.
This active hub is plugged into the back top port.
Aroma can deactivate the Wii U popup message that wants to format the detected vWii HDD.
I haven't installed Aroma yet so can't verify for a working current setup but am pretty sure I read back then that this should do it. The key is that everything is technically plugged into the back top port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons