USB Loader GX forwarder with Wii U clock speeds?

Nonstiq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to create a basic USB Loader GX forwarder that keeps the Wii U clock speeds?

If it is possible;
- Would this mean that any Wii or GameCube game loaded via USB Loader GX thereafter keeps the Wii U clock speeds? Or would it be reset when a game is loaded?
- Would this forwarder need to be installed to Wii U NAND and not loaded up as a .wuhb file?

My ideal scenario is to have two forwarders for USB Loader GX on the Wii U side - one standard forwarder (easy; already done) and one that retains Wii U clocks. I just don't know if this is doable.

Cheers.

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any game cannot reach 100% speed with a simple GX forwarder? I mean what is your goal for doing this?
Besides yeah currently the "official" GX forwarder can only be installed on USB

Nonstiq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any game cannot reach 100% speed with a simple GX forwarder?
Yes. Some GameCube games can benefit further by running at Wii U speeds, and yes, I'm aware Nintendont already runs them at Wii speeds with improved performance.
I mean what is your goal for doing this?
Simplicity of being able to run Wii and GameCube games via an unthrottled USB Loader GX without individually patching, packaging and installing them. Understanding that some games might not play nicely with the full Wii U speeds, hence the 2 forwarders side-by-side.
Besides yeah currently the "official" GX forwarder can only be installed on USB
Why does it need to be "official?" I'm currently running a GX forwarder WUHB file and that's just on the SD card.

neverends4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am no programmer myself, but I believe to achieve this (nintendont with Wii U clock speed) you need to reprogramm the code. And correct me if I am wrong, but there might be compatibility issues, because WIi is designed to be compatible with GC games, while Wii U is not. A simple point is that overspeed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y