A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
THE DEVICE CONSISTS OF 2 PRODUCTS:

Mig Switch card (a microSD card is required and not included)Mig Switch Dumper, to back up your legally owned Nintendo Switch© games.

Hey. Dont need dumper.....🤣

Seriously: dont like that card doesnt read normal xci (only splitted in 4 parts!) and nsp and dlc!

Last edited by zebrone,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
THE DEVICE CONSISTS OF 2 PRODUCTS:

Mig Switch card (a microSD card is required and not included)Mig Switch Dumper, to back up your legally owned Nintendo Switch© games.

Hey. Dont need dumper.....🤣

Seriously: dont like that card doesnt read normal xci (only splitted in 4 parts!) and nsp and dlc!
NO, the XCI is the same XCI of ever. the other 3 files are the security dumps of the cartdrige: Certificate, Specific Data & Initial Data

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty dope. The Switch is nearing end of life, so this is the perfect time for a device like this.
Still they should have waited especially now that this might not work on switch 2, can’t say they will have the same type of cart. If I switch update can make this unusable and there’s no way to update cart, firmware 17 and blow is all you can do, maybe higher depending if a random switch update doesn’t block this before release somehow. Anyway update firmwares are really going to happen at this point, firmware 17.x might be all that’s left.

Reactions: digipimp75

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still they should have waited especially now that this might not work on switch 2, can’t say they will have the same type of cart. If I switch update can make this unusable and there’s no way to update cart, firmware 17 and blow is all you can do, maybe higher depending if a random switch update doesn’t block this before release somehow. Anyway update firmwares are really going to happen at this point, firmware 17.x might be all that’s left.
The switch has a total of 32 burnable fuses. FW 17.0.1 is only at 19 of them, so plenty more updates coming.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just pop up from under a rock
I know about the Switch flashcart, yes, but I missed out on who made it and what it was going to be called. Seems like the TX rumors can go out the door.

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol no, it's the same people x3
Well, clearly it would be maybe. I've heard Xecuter went under several names to avoid getting sued by Nintendo amongst other companies.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hey LTT stole my shopping secrets for that video LOL