A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is cool and all, but I ain’t running the risk of being banned on a platform I (unfortunately) pay to have the privilege of using to play with my kids. Modchip/emunand is the way.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I’ve been around long enough to not get my hopes up until we actually see it hit the market and get more than 2 updates.

Last edited by The Catboy,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, this will be game-changing for the Switch hacking scene for sure, wonder how easy &/or demanding the set up is..
It's kinda hassle rn with modchips tbh, if this actually works without requiring any specific modifications to the unit (I.E soldering), it should be the standard from now on imo.

Reactions: duwen and Blythe93

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depending on implementation, this could potentially make piracy on an unmodded Switch without CFW undetectable; albeit limited to XCI game card dumps.
Anyone using this is unlikely to be using their own legal dumps, but downloaded XCI files.

I doubt this would last forever though, it would likely get patched in a firmware update like we saw with DSi and 3DS flashcarts.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Depending on implementation, this could potentially make piracy on an unmodded Switch without CFW undetectable; albeit limited to XCI game card dumps.
Anyone using this is unlikely to be using their own legal dumps, but downloaded XCI files.

I doubt this would last forever though, it would likely get patched in a firmware update like we saw with DSi and 3DS flashcarts.

But what I'm more interested in is what this leads too. Like what the 3DS Gateway on the 3DS lead too.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’m assuming it will be like SXOS

If memory serves people where buying cheap games just to use as a donor ID to help stay undetected

Reactions: bitzthatbyte

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But what I'm more interested in is what this leads too. Like what the 3DS Gateway on the 3DS lead too.
I'm not sure where this could lead when we had Switch CFW with homebrew and backup installation/loading, long before a flashcart. 3DS CFW lead to the lack of a need for 3DS Gateway, but it was Gateway with its EmuNAND practices that paved the way for that.
I’m assuming it will be like SXOS

If memory serves people where buying cheap games just to use as a donor ID to help stay undetected
So, possibly converting donor game cards for cheap unwanted games into flash carts, or at most just using their unique ID to avoid detection?

Reactions: Sonic3320

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure where this could lead when we had Switch CFW with homebrew and backup installation/loading, long before a flashcart. 3DS CFW lead to the lack of a need for 3DS Gateway, but it was Gateway with its EmuNAND practices that paved the way for that.

So, possibly converting donor game cards for cheap unwanted games into flash carts, or at most just using their unique ID to avoid detection?
You’re just copying their unique ID so you can assure no one else is using it at the same time

Similar idea it KVs(key vaults) from the Xbox 360 days. It’s much harder to track one double ID in a database than hundreds

Reactions: RupeeClock

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interested, planning on leaving my modded v1 to my daughter and getting a oled in the future for myself.
Would be nice to have something like this so I dont have to go opening this up etc..

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Hey LTT stole my shopping secrets for that video LOL