Initial Mig Switch flashcart units now available and being tested by reviewers

aaaa.png

The first batch of the Mig Switch flashcarts have made their way into the hands of reviewers. Plenty of initial impressions have gone live, with users showing off how the device works. Just as promised, you can in fact play your "legally owned Nintendo Switch games", across any model of Nintendo Switch. However, there are more questions raised than answered.

For one, it's still uncertain if and when you'll get banned after playing online using the Mig Switch--the team claims so long as you have a valid certificate, card ID set, and card UID, and a fully complete game dump, you'll be able to play online just fine. Whether or not Nintendo can notice and take action is something that will take time to see. In order to obtain updates and DLCs for games, you'll need to be online to download them, as the Mig Switch can't load those files itself.

This leads into another quandary. The three aforementioned aspects--the certificates and IDs--come from a backed up copy of a Nintendo Switch game. If someone were to illicitly share their certificate online, there could be dozens or hundreds of users using the same cert for multiple games, across multiple systems, at the same time. Since you can obtain a certificate from a physical game, there's growing concern as to how it could affect pre-owned backed up copies of games that might have had their certificates used and banned. We know for a fact that Nintendo has banned gamecart certificates in the past, as found by scene memeber SciresM back in 2018.

If you're interested in seeing the Mig Switch in action, there are a handful of reviews from notable emulation-focused YouTubers.

So far, what are your thoughts on the Mig Switch? There's plenty of interesting quirks to the device, from its usage, to its mysterious development team. Have you ordered one, either to test out, or for use on trickier to softmod Switch revisions? Or are you staying away from anything to do with this flashcart?

Logicl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I fondly remember Gateway, the same concept applies to the Mig Switch. You cannot run homebrew, only legit ROM files with the correct certificates and all. I hope they don't brick consoles using clones.
hopefully the mig switch does nor have code that sabotages competitors.
Post automatically merged:

"But trust us, our little team is working full-time on this to get your gateway card in your hands swiftly."

WOW they aren't even hiding their past anymore.

No way!

Reactions: tomhanks69

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not buy people who have bought it. You’re referring to some YouTubers that got hands on over a month ago…. No one on the retail end ever received theirs when they were promised, guaranteed.
Some are starting to now apparently.

Me thinks they had to open preorders to fund production before it could even start

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a couple of the official US sellers have become scammers, this product is being mocked all over reddit now because of that lol

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol I had to do a chargeback, one of the sites had paypal and isn't sending out units. looks scam to me.
Maybe read the notices on their websites and the official mig switch site? Units are still being produced most sellers havnt even gotten them yet

Hence the term. “Pre order”

Flaire

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After a quick google I have found nowhere that sells the card, I have only come across pre sales, so as far as im concerned it isnt even at retail stage yet.
Not buy people who have bought it. You’re referring to some YouTubers that got hands on over a month ago…. No one on the retail end ever received theirs when they were promised, guarant

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a quick google I have found nowhere that sells the card, I have only come across pre sales, so as far as im concerned it isnt even at retail stage yet.
Dude…read the descriptions of the item or the update on the main website…or the post directly above yours

Preorder means preorder so I don’t understand why you think that means it’s out yet

ever hear of allmiibo.net ? do a little research.
Idk what that is even supposed to mean. But yes I’ve heard of that site

Reactions: BigOnYa

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude…read the descriptions of the item or the update on the main website…or the post directly above yours

Preorder means preorder so I don’t understand why you think that means it’s out yet

Idk what that is even supposed to mean. But yes I’ve heard of that site
well read about it on reddit and try to even go to the site and see what happens.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have or want to join reddit, or goto some shady website, can't you just tell us what the site says or what happens when you go there.
the transphobe running the site and selling mig switches pulled the entire website down and spouted out a bunch of random things about transgenders on reddit then deleted all of his reddit posts.

do you think that is a trustworthy site to preorder from? lol

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the transphobe running the site and selling mig switches pulled the entire website down and spouted out a bunch of random things about transgenders on reddit then deleted all of his reddit posts.

do you think that is a trustworthy site to preorder from? lol
Okay so let me get this straight

Your definition of a scam is one shady(and fucked up) individual doing wrong makes the whole thing a scam? That sucks that one seller went rogue but one trustworthy site doesn't account for every single website.

But you're claiming MIG Switch as a whole is a scam just because of that one website who isn't even directly affiliated and was just a "reseller"

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so let me get this straight

Your definition of a scam is one shady(and fucked up) individual doing wrong makes the whole thing a scam? That sucks that one seller went rogue but one trustworthy site doesn't account for every single website.

But you're claiming MIG Switch as a whole is a scam just because of that one website who isn't even directly affiliated and was just a "reseller"
I only referred to one of the two scam websites, the rest are supposedly "legit" I don't care though, useless product. I'll join the team of people whom will just wait for it to show up cloned on aliexpress lmfao.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
man, even if the mig turns out "safe" to use, I still plan on giving a wide berth between release and purchase for all the kinks to be ironed out, and it's still killing me waiting to hear anything about this.

Also, I'm still really curious to see real world, practical testing of the whole cert file stuff. like, outside of theory, do we actually know what nintendo's online security actually checks about them? Like, I'm no tech guy but the way I see it, either they are just checking that there's not duplicate numbers online at the same time, if the cert file has data in it that quickly tells a security app what game it's supposed to be paired with and they check that against the uid file, or they're actually somehow keeping a database of every physical cartridge officially released in the world.

The latter seems, while not impossible, astronomically unlikely and inefficient considering they'd be demanding coordination with all the third party game makers and the like out there, and like, super mario odyssey alone has over 27 million copies sold. The second idea seems the most logical, but at the same time feels like something you would expect to be performed on the offline console itself rather quickly, yet testing has proven the switch itself cares not at all if the cert file matches the game.

Like if it somehow astonishingly is the first item, just checking for dupe certs out there, that still leaves the door wide open to just buy some discount bin shovelware cartridge as a burner to dump its cert and add it to whatever games you throw on the mig, and greatly expands the practical use for the cart and the eventual clones down the road with their own qol changes.

tomhanks69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preorder or not, all the sites claimed the first batch would be shipped end of January and should be in the hands of customers 1st week of February. Then it was claimed that the second batch would ship and of February and reach buyers’ hands first week of March… guess who hasn’t received anything. If you guest NO ONE, you’d be correct. Migswitch.store, claimed in emails that all devices from the first AND SECOND batch would be shipped out no later than March 1st. If you guessed that hasnt happened, you’d be right again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste