Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

https://twitter.com/AfterTimeX/status/1740049621320077458

:arrow: Official Website
Selling a device designed around piracy for a profit huh? Well this has never gone poorly before on the Switch.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So if the games need to be repacked .... Does it mean somehow it could be playable online and appear as a legit game ???? That's very intriguing

EDIT :
In speaking more with their beta-tester about online play (as “Mig Switch” refused to answer any questions not related to pure backup play) he told us that he used one of his game’s “Cert/UID”, which he never shared to anyone before, to be able to play online with his other “game backups”, but so far he has never experienced any issues. Now, of course this will have to be verified in the long run with many gamers online using this “trick”... But, the team did confirmed their product has been tested and works on every single existing model of Switch they could find, and are very confident they are all fully supported.
Now I'm less confident

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't use old game dumps... and have to make your own? what is the point of this? the only thing i would use this for is homebrew and save import's and stuff like that. stupid nintendo for locking save's to the system same thing for PS5.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh, this one is developed by the russians. not giving them any money until russia stops the war in ukraine.
the only good thing about this being made by russians nintendo (or the US for that matter) cant chage them like they didv Gary bowser yes i agree the war is very bad but I must admit this is a nelson HA HA moment to nintendo because they can't slay this dragon at the heart like TX

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It won't support current dumps? Hmm... Is that a "safe" thing for online use or just a "buy more of our proprietary hardware/software" thing?

According to their website it'll be possible to convert NXDumpTool XCI dumps to work on the Mig.

The product they sell is reportedly a pair of items, a Mig Switch Card and Mig Switch Dumper, which allows someone to make backups of their own Switch games.
It'll be interesting to see if Mig backups can be used in emulation.

This is a product from Russia however, so that's very dubious.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm not sure if it's bad or good that I already know that if I could acquire one, let alone causing yet another "3DS private header" situation, is that this is completely useless (to me at least), as all the game dumps I want to run are all digital-only games, meaning there is no real way to repackage them as a cartridge image.

gg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto