A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
fact is 100% banning a cert and not the the console also is the safer method for N doing both could expose them to a lawsuit (Renting games is still legal elsewhere but Japan and some people dump rented games as a way to minimize the risk of getting nailed by a DMCA infraction via downloading a rom (as some ISP's are rumored to detect illegal downloads by any means not just torrents anymore)

That's why I suggested a 2/3 strike system before banning a console. The catch is that someone could get their console unbanned if they call Nintendo and cooperate with an investigation. That way Nintendo isn't exposing themselves to a lawsuit either way. What's probably going to happen is that firmware updates will probably just break the mig. If they can't do that, then I think they'll more or less sit on their hands as @Kioku suggested.

I still think they'll ban certs, especially if there are tons of duplicates. But I'd be surprised if they started banning every dual-instance. For something like that to be feasible, they could implement a system where only one can be online at a time. Shoot, maybe that is already the situation and cert bans aren't even real. Too many people have the same certs and only one is allowed online at a given time, so it appears to be a ban to the people who can't get online with them.

Last edited by tabzer,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the argument.

The question is why you use the word "tampering" to a describe a cartridge that hasn't been altered when there is no evidence that they do.
Using your favorite source, Merriam Webster lists tamper as something to try foolish and dangerous experiments with. I know this is my opinion but it seems pretty foolish to go online with a dump of a cartridge when that cartridge is in the hands of someone else. If you don't believe me, here is the link to said definition.
I offered a feasible scenario where people ripping certs can get caught and legally penalized, discouraging the act. It is an assumption that "any game caught like that will be seen as tampered by Nintendo and banned" and not backed by anything other than your own opinion/interpretation.

As we see what actually happens with Mig vs your hypothetical, this conversation will become irrelevant.
It is not an assumption because as you explained before, this was only previously possible with CFW and hacking the console directly so any duplicate certificates could be dealt with directly by banning said console. But Nintendo did not stop there and went out of their way to also ban certificates. Why? Because the game has been tampered with and has been deemed a lost cause by Nintendo. Nintendo took no such legal action during the days of SX OS nor with the 3DS yet the secondhand market survived in both cases and people obviously stopped going online with duplicate certificates. Thinking that prior precedent is not set to repeat itself is ignoring reality.
Interesting claim. Maybe you are just being illiterate.
Incorrect as we have both already demonstrated your illiteracy when it comes to usage of the words "boredom", "nuance", and "interest". As you can see below in your own post, you used the "OK hand" emoji and "OK" is a synonym for yes so you agreed.
You are not capable of following a conversation and are talking out of your ass.

You: banning game certificates doesn't impact the secondhand market
Me: False. It'd be correct to say that banning certs hasn't had an obvious impact.
You: False. It'd be incorrect to say that banning certs has had an obvious impact because you have failed to show one.
Nope, you're the one incapable of following a conversation and talking out of your own ass.

You: banning game certificates does impact the secondhand market
Me: False. The secondhand market has shown no decline or change since Nintendo started banning game certificates
You: False. It had an impact because I said it had one and the proof is we are talking about it.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Why? Because the game has been tampered with and has been deemed a lost cause by Nintendo.

As I said, that's your speculation and interpretation. Copying a cartridge is not performing a dangerous (or foolish) experiment on it. Copying a game without modifying its ROM or physical integrity is not tampering it. Going online with a known compromised cert during SXOS days (especially when said cert was circulating all around the internet) was reasonable evidence that the Switch itself had been tampered with--that its copy-protections had been circumvented.

We have to admit that we don't know the threshold of how many copies of a cert can exist at the same time before being "banned" nor the justification that they make in doing so. Your legal opinion is shit, as your interpretation aligns with no real professional opinion or law.

Incorrect as we have both already demonstrated your illiteracy when it comes to usage of the words "boredom", "nuance", and "interest". As you can see below in your own post, you used the "OK hand" emoji and "OK" is a synonym for yes so you agreed.

You have no comprehension of nuance as you interpret things with a bipolar mindset. I say you are boring or you are making me bored, and you interpret it as me saying "I am %100 uninterested". By your own admission, you want to talk just to outtalk me, while mentally checked out. You are intentionally boring.

Also, relying on an "okay gesture" emoji as proof of agreement is a mental disability at best, but you probably just have no problem being an idiot.

Nope, you're the one incapable of following a conversation and talking out of your own ass.

You: banning game certificates does impact the secondhand market
Me: False. The secondhand market has shown no decline or change since Nintendo started banning game certificates
You: False. It had an impact because I said it had one and the proof is we are talking about it.

I literally quoted, sequentially, response by response of our exchange and your bullshit. In being called out, your reaction is to grossly paraphrase pages of dialogue, cutting away context, and outright misquote me in attempt to save face. You are just trying to gatekeep the conversation and you are resorting to lying in order to do so. Good job, asshole.

No because I would be lying if I admit that I do not only speak facts. Facts are only deemed as such because they are proven to be true or rather have yet to be proven to be false.

👌🤡

My dad works at Nintendo.

Last edited by tabzer,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, that's your speculation and interpretation. Copying a cartridge is not performing a dangerous (or foolish) experiment on it. Copying a game without modifying its ROM or physical integrity is not tampering it. Going online with a known compromised cert during SXOS days (especially when said cert was circulating all around the internet) was reasonable evidence that the Switch itself had been tampered with--that its copy-protections had been circumvented.

We have to admit that we don't know the threshold of how many copies of a cert can exist at the same time before being "banned" nor the justification that they make in doing so. Your legal opinion is shit, as your interpretation aligns with no real professional opinion or law.
It still resulted in certificates being banned which, as you stated, could "harm" the secondhand market which you insist Nintendo would not do to avoid "bad press". Therefore, you are contradicting your own statements because now you openly admit Nintendo is and has banned game certificates. And it still doesn't change the fact that Nintendo could have stuck with only banning consoles running SX OS so this way there is no effect on the secondhand market. But they did not because Nintendo deemed those games as tampered hence why they were banned. The threshold is irrelevant; the precedent is what matters. Also, you're not a legal expert either so you bringing in the law is completely irrelevant and an attempt at changing the topic.
You have no comprehension of nuance as you interpret things with a bipolar mindset. I say you are boring or you are making me bored, and you interpret it as me saying "I am %100 uninterested". By your own admission, you want to talk just to outtalk me, while mentally checked out. You are intentionally boring.
Incorrect, you have no comprehension of nuances because when I pointed out the definition of nuance, you didn't disagree because not only could you not disagree but you don't understand what the word actually means. Also I did not interpret your boredom, I showed you an objective definition that you cannot dismiss with a bipolar mindset.

Also its not my fault if you lack counterarguments or proof to back up your statements. I have nothing to lose when defending my points.
Also, relying on an "okay gesture" emoji as proof of agreement is a mental disability at best, but you probably just have no problem being an idiot.
This is truly the pot calling the kettle black moments of all time. You have absolutely no right to call anyone an idiot but yourself when you lack any degree of knowing what a nuance is, how to be literate, or change goalposts when you lose an argument by turning it into a pedantic sideshow. By the way, you still owe me a letter of apology, Mr. mental disability clown face.
I literally quoted, sequentially, response by response of our exchange and your bullshit. In being called out, your reaction is to grossly paraphrase pages of dialogue, cutting away context, and outright misquote me in attempt to save face. You are just trying to gatekeep the conversation and you are resorting to lying in order to do so. Good job, asshole.
False, I am not the one who shifted their argument from denying the banning of game certificates to trying to gaslight me into thinking I now agree with the opposition. I was not the person who does not know the meaning behind the words "nuance", "boredom", or "tampering". It was not me who lost the argument so they changed tactics by discussing semantics nor restoring to insults. Those were all you. You have only yourself to blame for thinking opinions can outweigh facts. I merely defended myself with facts and logic you personally do not agree with which gives you no right to lash out as such. You started all of this so you end this. After all, you reap what you sow.
My dad works at Nintendo.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***whiny bullshit***
The fact that you have no countarguments to disprove my points is proof enough that you were wrong.
Prove that.
No Nintendo Switch games were banned before the release of SX OS. Then, pirates were able to play dumped games with the advent of SX OS and suddenly there were reports of cartridges being banned. Coincidence? I think not. If an idiot decides to go online with a dump, that will alert Nintendo that the game has been tampered with to which they decide to ban them to prevent further misuse. Not to mention that the same phenomena was observed during the 3DS when Gateway and Sky3DS were introduced.

Disprove that.

Reactions: impeeza

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The fact that you have no countarguments to disprove my points is proof enough that you were wrong.

No Nintendo Switch games were banned before the release of SX OS. Then, pirates were able to play dumped games with the advent of SX OS and suddenly there were reports of cartridges being banned. Coincidence? I think not. If an idiot decides to go online with a dump, that will alert Nintendo that the game has been tampered with to which they decide to ban them to prevent further misuse. Not to mention that the same phenomena was observed during the 3DS when Gateway and Sky3DS were introduced.

Disprove that.

Disprove that you are missing part of your brain*. You can't, so that means I'm right. /s

Beliefs about why something happens aren't facts just because you can't disprove them.

Your previous post is chock-full of illiterate/recycled bullshit that I cannot take seriously. It's just you having a spaz in the face of inconvenient truths. Your incoherent strawman fantasy is necessary for you to move forward, but what you need to do is to read from the beginning of our discussion with a clear head--preferably not "checked-out".

*adjusted for cultural sensitivity

Last edited by tabzer,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kids, do not make me stop the Van!!!!!!!
Dude thinks facts are any statement you can't disprove. He thinks he's being logical, but he presumes that everything Nintendo does is just and is LARPing as one of their lawyers. He's an absolute joke. He thinks we are in a court of law or something and needs to win a non-existing case.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
1707095191505.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Dude thinks facts are any statement you can't disprove. He thinks he's being logical, but he presumes that everything Nintendo does is just and is LARPing as one of their lawyers. He's an absolute joke. He thinks we are in a court of law or something and needs to win a non-existing case.
I understand you, I only seek to take a smile from you guys :D

Last edited by impeeza,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also its not my fault if you lack counterarguments or proof to back up your statements. I have nothing to lose when defending my points.
Smoke a joint and chill out.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***whiny bullshit***
Just because you don't personally like the facts that I bring up doesn't give you the right to dismiss them.

Your previous posts are chock-full of illiterate/recycled bullshit that I cannot take seriously. It's just you having a spaz in the face of inconvenient truths. Your incoherent straw-man fantasy is necessary for you to move forward, but what you need to do is to read from the beginning of our discussion with a clear head--preferably not "bored".

By the way, you still owe me a letter of apology Mr. Illiterate Clown Face.
No, you are the one presuming that I am defending Nintendo. Pointing out facts =/= agreeing with them. Just because I pay taxes doesn't mean I agree with them. Also really rich that you suggest I'm the one thinking we're in a court of law when who was the one bringing up copyright infringement and Nintendo's lawyers? Oh yes, you and not me.
Smoke a joint and chill out.
You're telling the wrong person that especially when I wasn't the one who started throwing around unnecessary insults.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,
  • Haha
Reactions: impeeza

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They've yet to break any rules since it's a perfectly fine discussion even if it sometimes borderline the rules but since both seem to take jabs and not go wild we tend to let the discussion continue.

I know it won't lead to anything since it's two people that refuse to budge or see to their point of view so it's really no point.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Could you PM me their contact info? Do you know anyone in Bogota?
On bogota there is yakarta, you can search for he on facebook. but almos any reputable phone repair shop can do the job
Post automatically merged:

Also you can go to "La Casa del Play" I believe is near Unilago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol