Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thats the only reason I bought mine. I hate the thought of if I lose my switch & case somehow that I would wouldn't just need to rebuy another console but also the hundreds of dollars worth of games within the case ($50 each adds up)
Exactly. I'm a cartridge person, and have bought very little digitally.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thats the only reason I bought mine. I hate the thought of if I lose my switch & case somehow that I would wouldn't just need to rebuy another console but also the hundreds of dollars worth of games within the case ($50 each adds up)
You MUST BE ABLE to backup your own games!!! a best practice of my youth was: every game I did buy was backup immediately and never taken out of the box again, only play the backups and when irremediably the backups got degrade, made another new so never lost the initial investment.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You MUST BE ABLE to backup your own games!!! a best practice of my youth was: every game I did buy was backup immediately and never taken out of the box again, only play the backups and when irremediably the backups got degrade, made another new so never lost the initial investment.
Backups saved my younger self back on the xbox 360 since I didn't know how to take care of my discs so they'd inevitably get scratched to the point of no return

Thanks to a spare JTAG and a flashed drive and my laptops esata port, I never had to worry about that issue again since I could just burn a new copy ha
Post automatically merged:

Migswitch.store update

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashcarts/s/mrGA8dnEjA

Last edited by TheStonedModder,
  • Love
Reactions: BigOnYa and impeeza

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you have a screenshot of the email? Not that I don’t believe you but it’s interesting that the date keeps getting pushed out and delayed by a month
1710502803703.png

This isn't really pushed back i ordered from their second batch after the first sold out so they said late march initially

I'm gonna hang back a bit and see what Nintendo's response is to this, and if they can patch it out or not. If I can dump my own carts and have them all available to play online and legit using this card as intended, then that's worth the money to me. I hate carrying all my valuable carts with me.
I dont think they will be able to patch for your own cart dumps, theres like 4 files unique to your cart that aren't needed at the moment so you can use an xci, the initial data file and a cert from any cart. I think they will patch it to make those other unique files a requirement so the flashcart will still work but you wont be able to use generic dumps

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
The worlds most useless update. This is low key starting to turn into a meme

How hard is it it to provide production updates…I know some people are getting their units but there’s way too many silent shops

Providing updates reveals more than they want to reveal.
It isn't exactly McDonalds that lives on PR. With the recent Yuzu strike I guess they want to lay low for a while.

So the first end user units are now coming in on Reddit. But no sign of the dumper.

Last edited by W00fer,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dumper having the same Lattice FPGA and Espressif ESP32-S2F chips as the cart.
I wonder why nobody even tried to dump anything.

I mean a programmer is only 200 USD

https://nl.farnell.com/lattice-semiconductor/hw-usbn-2b/programming-cable-usb-6ft-fpga/dp/2456698
What do you want people to try and dump? Only one person as far as I know even has. The dumper

You can’t dump the MIG itself like a normal cart I tried. It fails to read in the system at all unless there is a proper untrimmed XCI

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What do you want people to try and dump? Only one person as far as I know even has. The dumper

You can’t dump the MIG itself like a normal cart I tried. It fails to read in the system at all unless there is a proper untrimmed XCI
yes because for the CONSOLE the MIG is a normal cartridge, the firmware inside the MIG IS NEVER EXPOSED to the console connectors.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what you get if you try and make a backup/dump of the MIG Switch. It skips all the cert files despite them being there which is interesting

1711225585183.png

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this wasn't so basic )at least for them to allow cheats on the dump,which still makes an unpatched switch still very useful, i mean i still may buy it (it's better than tiny solidering at least)

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this wasn't so basic )at least for them to allow cheats on the dump,which still makes an unpatched switch still very useful, i mean i still may buy it (it's better than tiny solidering at least)
That’s not possible unless we can somehow repack and use the XCI files

Iirc they will no longer work without sig patches if you do that

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s not possible unless we can somehow repack and use the XCI files

Iirc they will no longer work without sig patches if you do that
well 17.0.1 is the last version with sig patches (unless someone secretly is working on anything higher and releases on a russian hosted site), if that's the case it'll be bussiness as usual just have to rely on an anon to update them and i'm pretty sure someone forked offline atmos in case the unthinkable happens again russian hosting site

I don't like it as much as anyone else but it is what it is

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well 17.0.1 is the last version with sig patches (unless someone secretly is working on anything higher and releases on a russian hosted site), if that's the case it'll be bussiness as usual just have to rely on an anon to update them and i'm pretty sure someone forked offline atmos in case the unthinkable happens again russian hosting site
What? You can’t use sig patches on a retail system so that has zero correlation

Unless I’m confused ?

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Mig Switch is available for close to 3 weeks now. All kinds of end users have it. The dumper is released. Big N made firmware 18 and the MIG isn't blocked. Like I told you, they will not ban anyone because of legal problems with legitimate parents buying games for their kids. Besides that the MIG seems well protected so it isn't cracked nor dumped. Otherwise someone already did it.

You don't seem to understand that you can dump a chip on a pcb instead of dumping a cartridge.

Reactions: impeeza

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mig Switch is available for close to 3 weeks now. All kinds of end users have it. The dumper is released. Big N made firmware 18 and the MIG isn't blocked. Like I told you, they will not ban anyone because of legal problems with legitimate parents buying games for their kids. Besides that the MIG seems well protected so it isn't cracked nor dumped. Otherwise someone already did it.

You don't seem to understand that you can dump a chip on a pcb instead of dumping a cartridge.
I’m with ya just misunderstood

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after almost a month nobody took a shot at cracking this thing?
I imagine more talks of that will start once ordered actually start to get fulfilled which sounds like will be the end of this month.

Most of us who have a MIG so far got lucky or bought from an Aliexpress scalper.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto