Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

MayorBryce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what’s the news on the Mig Switch? It’s March 9th and according to dates, it should be shipped by now.

Has anyone done any experiments or the like to see how well it works?

Reactions: impeeza

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
So what’s the news on the Mig Switch? It’s March 9th and according to dates, it should be shipped by now.

Has anyone done any experiments or the like to see how well it works?

If you check on the Telegram groups they show photo's of batches of units but apparently that's all there is.

Last edited by W00fer,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm beginning to think this is an elaborate scam. Good thing I didn't waste money on this junk.
There are videos of randoms on the mig_switch subreddit receiving theirs

So I wouldn’t say it’s a scam, just a bunch of incompetent people that have no business running a e-commerce store

I used to run one, and was replying to at least a thousand emails a day while still shipping orders on time. It’s not hard especially since most online platforms capture emails and lets you mass email your customers now. Making it take barely any effort to update a specific set of customers

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are videos of randoms on the mig_switch subreddit receiving theirs

So I wouldn’t say it’s a scam, just a bunch of incompetent people that have no business running a e-commerce store

I used to run one, and was replying to at least a thousand emails a day while still shipping orders on time. It’s not hard especially since most online platforms capture emails and lets you mass email your customers now. Making it take barely any effort to update a specific set of customers
place i ordered mine replied to my email within a few hours they said i should get it by the 8th of april lol

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna hang back a bit and see what Nintendo's response is to this, and if they can patch it out or not. If I can dump my own carts and have them all available to play online and legit using this card as intended, then that's worth the money to me. I hate carrying all my valuable carts with me.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna hang back a bit and see what Nintendo's response is to this, and if they can patch it out or not. If I can dump my own carts and have them all available to play online and legit using this card as intended, then that's worth the money to me. I hate carrying all my valuable carts with me.
Thats the only reason I bought mine. I hate the thought of if I lose my switch & case somehow that I would wouldn't just need to rebuy another console but also the hundreds of dollars worth of games within the case ($50 each adds up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto