OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn’t call that drama everyone just wants to wear tinfoil hats

It’s just an accusation based on zero facts as far as I can tell
Post automatically merged:

Lol just don't buy either until a button or such is implemented. Someone already made a button for the Mig Switch and installed it on their cart.
I did as well it’s ezpz

I don’t understand why it wasn’t done officially

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and an official response.
https://wololo.net/2024/04/24/ninte...unlockswitch-team-replies-to-the-controversy/

basically who knows at this point. Unlock is saying that the "review" copies were proof of concept and not actually the chips they're going to use (so why send them out?), and that they've already figured out the button method, and that they will not be doing pre-sales, only selling once they're ready to ship. But all of that could be fairy dust being blown up our rears for all we will be able to tell until it's out.

Some other links, here's a new review of the dumper, they added some decals but whatever. Looks like it has the same chips as the cart. also, they test it and it works on anything that can accept a usb adapter, including mobile phones.

and here's a vid someone made of a homemade button they built into their mig:

Reactions: Blythe93

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That’s an old video what “issue” are you talking about ?
The "issue" I'm talking about is infact the game cart specific Id number that Nintendo can supposedly ban from playing on their servers (as @Flame also points out) and this is a HUGE problem going forward. And for those who think it isn't... I think you need to watch the video again and really understand the implications for people who actually want to play online with used gamecarts.

@realtimesave
On another note some of you are wondering if there's a knock off of the mig switch..... we'll there is. It's called "Unlock Switch"... but it's not technically available to buy just yet.

Last edited by White_Raven_X,

Crisptoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People keep mentioning that the see certificate and initial data files online, but I can't seem to find them myself. Where can I look for them?

People keep mentioning that the see certificate and initial data files online, but I can't seem to find them myself. Where can I look for them?

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I kinda doubt forum mods will allow us to even post the file name for them. Try doing some digging on google. there's a russian site with the file name, and there's one website hosting the file beside from the russian site.

Reactions: Blythe93

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
He doesn't need all the files unless he plans to play online and the ones he requires to use the cart can be found in the usual places
Kinda, If you use the cartdrige incomplete or with a shared Cert OFFLINE, but that (Emu)NAND any time later connect to Big N servers, THAT WILL LEAD TO A BAN, period, and there is no way to avoid it beside to never get back online with that NAND.

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
So I pre-ordered a Mig Switch through back in January through https://migswitch.store.

I have uet to receive my order. O contacted them once, and they said they were trying to get orders out as soon as possible.
Is this a legit shop?
Probably shouldn't share that link here. We don't support piracy. 😂

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have uet to receive my order. O contacted them once, and they said they were trying to get orders out as soon as possible.
Is this a legit shop?

The official website for the MIG should have a list of "authorized" dealers. You can crosscheck there.

Anyway, it seems like all the dealers are having issue with getting hold of stock, not just one. Ironically, the surest and quickest way to get one at the moment would be to buy it from aliexpress, albeit at a much higher price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto