A Nintendo Switch flashcart is being teased, and it could support all models

Screenshot_20231223-123346_Brave.jpg

Throughout the Nintendo Switch's life, we've seen modchips and softmods aplenty. What has been missing in the Switch hacking scene, though, is a flashcart; and if rumors are to be believed, one might be coming soon. A user by the name of After Time X shared on Twitter that they have exclusive information regarding testing of a flashcart that will work on all models and revisions of the Nintendo Switch. A video of "proof" was shown, of someone cycling through rom backups, and loading the games to play on their Switch OLED unit. According to the rumor, these flashcarts will begin shipping as early as next month.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Discussion thread

Last edited by Flame,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, clearly it would be maybe. I've heard Xecuter went under several names to avoid getting sued by Nintendo amongst other companies.
The original Team (that wasn't arrested but sold the name) just went by Team Xecuter.

They can call it whatever they want. They just subpena Cloudflare for the information where the websites are pointed towards and bobs your uncle.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original Team (that wasn't arrested but sold the name) just went by Team Xecuter.

They can call it whatever they want. They just subpena Cloudflare for the information where the websites are pointed towards and bobs your uncle.
This is true, I’m sure Cloudflare will give this info up to authorities which I’m sure Nintendo is already working hard to get on the case.

Reyvateil

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I Saw on twitter that a beta tester use the same cert/UID for every games like a private header with the Sky3DS+.

If it's true, that will allow us to just take official xci dump and add our "private header" dumped from one of our game, and never sell it to Always have this private header. And that's surely why there is a dumper in the package. Exactly like the Sky3DS+.

If someone really know how works cert and UID in Switch, is it similar to 3DS to allow us to use one cert for all game
s ?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I Saw on twitter that a beta tester use the same cert/UID for every games like a private header with the Sky3DS+.

If it's true, that will allow us to just take official xci dump and add our "private header" dumped from one of our game, and never sell it to Always have this private header. And that's surely why there is a dumper in the package. Exactly like the Sky3DS+.

If someone really know how works cert and UID in Switch, is it similar to 3DS to allow us to use one cert for all game
s ?

"Nobody" really does. If you are referring to the twitter posted in the main article, there is some inconsistency with its reporting. There is even speculation on their part. Based on what the beta tester was reported to say and the website itself, it does seem like it could work in theory, but how for how long? Nintendo also potentially has security methods that are not disclosed yet, so I am very reluctant in encouraging anybody to try this.

If they are able to determine that the cert/UID does not match the game that you are playing, then that would probably be enough cause for them to ban your entire system, as it shows that you aren't using an official cart, but something that clearly breaks their TOS/EULA.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

s ?
Wishes and dreams until the final product is released and a complete guide of REAL use is available.

skunk_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope its a ntrboot situation, where this could potentially be used as an exploit to access cfw, otherwise pretty useless for the homebrew community

Reactions: Sonic3320

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i hope its a ntrboot situation, where this could potentially be used as an exploit to access cfw, otherwise pretty useless for the homebrew community
It's not.

That's not to say that it couldn't.

It clearly is marketed to boot game "backups".

You will have to wait and see if such a possibility happens, or make it happen yourself.

J-Will

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't use any pirated copies...
I might put my switch cartridges into my brother's switch SD card and he'll be happy. I'll also put my cartridges into my switch's SD card so I don't have to switch carts every time.

SilverLobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or buy their dumper that I’m sure will get reversed soon enough if it’s real
That's a good idea, I didn't think about buying just the dumper tool alone if possible and dumping my games so I can play them on my PC with a Switch emulator haha, don't even need the flashcart, and don't have to mod my Switch, man I really hope this magical dumper is real and they're not just BS-ing us all...that would be disappointing.
Post automatically merged:

Can I sell my cartridges afterwards to get money back?
Lmao, I don't see why not? especially if it sells out you're gonna be able to sell yours easily after you're done using it

Reactions: Blythe93

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a good idea, I didn't think about buying just the dumper tool alone if possible and dumping my games so I can play them on my PC with a Switch emulator haha, don't even need the flashcart, and don't have to mod my Switch, man I really hope this magical dumper is real and they're not just BS-ing us all...that would be disappointing.
Post automatically merged:

Lmao, I don't see why not? especially if it sells out you're gonna be able to sell yours easily after you're done using it
I think it’s real but not sure about the flash cart for switch without cfw great it worked but you didn’t show if you were on a modded switch or not, I need to see them do a new video and with a demonstration again than show me system settings after. If atmosphere or whatever it was was able to block the cart slot from working, that would also mean there is a possibility they used a modded switch somehow I guess to use the cart slot. I just started to think about this the other day, hopefully I’m wrong and you really don’t need a modded switch. At this moment my thought is. It’s messed up if a bunch of v2 switch users get scammed, just show us the system menu.

Reactions: SilverLobster

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone planning on using one certificate across all of their backups, Nintendo has already solved this dilemma SIX years ago in case everybody forgot how online authentication works. Here's the write-up on Reddit by Mr. SciresM himself in case you don't remember or believe me.

tl;dr The online authentication uses game-specific data that when Nintendo doesn't match the certificate can easily swing the ban hammer. Oh and by the way, it has already happened to users when people did this on SX OS so good luck going online with this flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always suggest kneepads with wheels to help with knee pain, then I get slapped