Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
farmville_1.jpg
It's been revealed that Zynga, the brains (or maybe not) behind the Facebook-hit game Farmville are being sued by SocialApps for Copyright Infringement. SocialApps are claiming that Zynga used their source code in smash hits such as Farmville, Fishville and Cityville.
SocialApps are looking to get Zynga's profits and gains from Farmville, as well as a permanant injunction, statutory and punitive damages plus attorney's fees.[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source

Nirraic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is stupid, most people know that you can't claim copyright on code of any kind, you can only claim it on the algorithm that is portrayed in the code.

D

Deleted-273695

Try to sue within a week of the game being released or your just fakin' and trollin'.
They just probably needed money for something and made up this shit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Suing someone for stealing a source code that brought no profit whatsoever would be silly. On the other hand, suing someone for copyright infringement after such a long time is equally silly. There's no "Win" in either situation.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
thela_kid said:
lol i hate facebook. yet, i need it for *sigh* socializing with the outside world

I heard "going out" works better.

GASP! i'm afraid of what's outside my room
ohmy.gif

all jokes aside, i'm never able to make plans wit people since they either suck or live too far away.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've blocked every single application I've been invited to. There is a block list a mile long set up by myself. I hate every single one of those "ville" games, and every single game that plays like them (which is 95% of Facebook games). I hope that by some fluke, this lawsuit is successful and makes it so Zynga has to shut down all of their games.

Maybe Facebook will become more tolerable for others when hundreds of thousands of people lose a reason to be on there.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
People people people... If someone stole your work you'd want to bring legal action also. As for those who ask "What took so long?"
QUOTE said:
The complaint alleges that after Zynga got confidential source code, SocialApps never heard from Zynga again and couldn’t get in touch with them when they tried.
I know a lot of you are American, but it is not the norm to bring legal action against people straight away, most people actually try to work things out without bringing the courts into it, if that takes a couple of years to get nowhere, then it takes a couple of years.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
If they sued Zynga earlier, maybe they'd actually have some credibility and not seem like douchebags that want to capitalize on the "ville" games' success.

I mean sure, wait a while. But wait two years? There's gotta be something up with that.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
spinal_cord said:
People people people... If someone stole your work you'd want to bring legal action also. As for those who ask "What took so long?"
QUOTE said:
The complaint alleges that after Zynga got confidential source code, SocialApps never heard from Zynga again and couldn’t get in touch with them when they tried.
I know a lot of you are American, but it is not the norm to bring legal action against people straight away, most people actually try to work things out without bringing the courts into it, if that takes a couple of years to get nowhere, then it takes a couple of years.

So true. Suing someone isn't necessarily the most prominent way of getting your way. Works for ridiculous charges (Go Copyright lobbyist, Go!), but normally making a settlement outside court is cheaper for everyone.

I'd actually like to know how much Farmville etc have made during their existence..

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...