ZXDS 0.6.0 beta 1 has been released !!!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Arm73, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Arm73
    OP

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    ZXDS 0.6.0 beta 1 (10.10.2007)

+ Full memory and IO contention emulation.
    + Proper floating bus emulation.
    + T-state accurate screen sampling.
    = About everything should now work like on real machines, including multicolor effects.
    + Accurate speaker synthesis instead of discrete sampling.
    + Screen is now triple buffered and the LCD refresh rate is synced to 50Hz.
    This results in extremely smooth and tearing-free display.
    * Fixed opening of files from directories of varying depth. It sometimes
    failed before due broken chdir(), so full names are used now instead.
    * Few subtle fixes regarding snapshots (#7FFD, IFF2, T counter, tape eject).
    - Dropped the .ds.gba version, as people need to DLDI patch it themselves
    *before* the loader is appended anyway.

It's amazing, with this release ZXDS becomes officially the best portable Spectrum emulator ever !
    It only lacks a UI now, but I wouldn't worry about that, if Patrick managed to implement all those hard to get features, I'm sure writing a pretty UI will be the easiest thing to do.
    Do I play some old spectrum games now or do I go back to finish Zelda PH ?
    Mhmm.....decisions [​IMG]

2. BionicC

BionicC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2006
    Dupe post [​IMG]

Haven't yet tried out the new version for various reasons, but I'm dying to test the multicolour effect emulation with a demo like Shock (2nd part), although perhaps Koopaville would be more appropriate in this instance [​IMG]

3. Arm73
    OP

Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 4, 2006
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Sorry I was so excited that I didn't realize somebody posted the news already.
    Also I would expect something this huge would naturally make it to the front page [​IMG]
    Anyway, I can't wait for the next releases, some of the promised features are really a must (like user definable controls per game !).
    But I truly respect the author for his approach to the coding of the emulator; instead of starting out with a flashy UI and a crappy 48K/no sound emulation, he nailed down the core emulation first, and once that is done properly , it can be taken anywhere.... [​IMG]