Zombie thread, RAAAGH

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pretty foolish to believe that Gateway would be holding up the N3DS release for the US. We know for a fact that they have hundreds of 3DS consoles, and at least half of those have to be N3DS consoles at this point. Don't you think they would have already gotten their hands on a review model of the US N3DS?

So they have a review N3DS US on 8.x -- US retail launches and they have 9.0. All the work they put into locating the patch locations is now completely useless and the version they released does not work at all except for those super rare review consoles.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe what you like haha, but it's gods honest truth

Maybe you'd like to check out his youtube too, don't think this guy would bullshit me :) https://www.youtube.com/user/LarryBundyJr/videos

No shit, it MIGHT say 9.4 now, but he probably updated it. Nothing to see here. Its not coming with 9.4. This is the same console as the AUS one. Nothing to see here. EUR = AUS

Reactions: Thomas12345

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe they've already tried blocking emuNAND on multiple occasions, Gateway just keeps getting around their blocks. I believe that's one of the main reasons why emuNAND's Classic Mode "without extra features" is broken past 7.0. Even if they make a substantial block, we can still use our ticket.dbs to get update .cia's on older consoles with 4.5, and those .cias will be able to be used on other devices because they removed signature checks and stuff.
I don't think they tried to block emunand, the patches just had to be different each fw. And what do you mean with broken after 7.0? If you mean that it cant be started without the gw red card in, then that is wrong as i thought mtcard emunand works without the card in it ;)

Reactions: satel

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Reactions: TheShadowRunner

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
:lol he clearly already turned it on. It didnt even go to the language setting. Who the fuck are you trying to kid? Man, get this guy outta here.
Lol I've been thinking the same thing >< also there's no way In hell he managed to get an Internet connection right of the bat. Also the Pokemon demo is on the console, guess where you can find it? On the eshop, and how to enter eshop, by updating to fucking 9.4. Clearly he messed with the console before he "unboxed" it.

Reactions: Ralph1611

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It was an unboxing video, he literally unpacked it and turned it on :o

yep he has zelda four swords, so he had obviously done a system transfer from his old console or whatever, which updates to latest, none of these youtube reviewers are reliable sources, they dont care what FW it comes on, they get it, play on it, then make a video and say wow look at this im only just opening

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So they have a review N3DS US on 8.x -- US retail launches and they have 9.0. All the work they put into locating the patch locations is now completely useless and the version they released does not work at all except for those super rare review consoles.

Wait, who is "they"? R u saying GW got their hands on a US New3DS with 8.x FW?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Review US N3DS consoles have been reported 9.0. Any exploit they have for 9.0-9.2 is all they can work on for the N3DS at the moment anyway, so it doesn't really matter. In my opinion, anyway.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, if Sky3DS can avoid firmware update for roms that has it, by trimming it as an option? If not then they might not be suitable. GW at least keep our sysNAND away from updates and by allowing us to use emuNAND like a normal console.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just wondering, if Sky3DS can avoid firmware update for roms that has it, by trimming it as an option? If not then they might not be suitable. GW at least keep our sysNAND away from updates and by allowing us to use emuNAND like a normal console.

the point of Sky3DS is that you can keep your sysnand updated and still use the card to play games. Once it loses that feature, it loses most of the other features. In other words, if the card can't work in the latest firmware, you won't be able to access eShop for example.
If it can work, it doesn't matter what firmware update comes included in the games.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
the point of Sky3DS is that you can keep your sysnand updated and still use the card to play games. Once it loses that feature, it loses most of the other features. In other words, if the card can't work in the latest firmware, you won't be able to access eShop for example.
If it can work, it doesn't matter what firmware update comes included in the games.
Of course I can understand that, but I was asking considering if we want to, for instance, want to keep the same firmware and keep playing offline; so that the worst case when Sky3DS is blocked in future firmware update, can be avoided. Or, maybe if we want to use Sky3DS with all latest games until, say August 2015 (lol) GW comes with the update and we can be at compatible firmware to actually use it. Because I'm thinking of having it as temporary option for N3DS if GW doesn't give any update until the end of the month of Febuary.

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Of course I can understand that, but I was asking considering if we want to, for instance, want to keep the same firmware and keep playing offline; so that the worst case when Sky3DS is blocked in future firmware update, can be avoided. Or, maybe if we want to use Sky3DS with all latest games until, say August 2015 (lol) GW comes with the update and we can be at compatible firmware to actually use it. Because I'm thinking of having it as temporary option for N3DS if GW doesn't give any update until the end of the month of Febuary.

I'm not sure what you mean. I have a 9.2 N3DS XL and a SKY card and I am currently playing offline-only roms and will continue to do so until Gateway comes out. Is that what you're asking if you can do?

Or do you mean if a game comes out with <9.2 attached to it, whether it would be possible to remove that patch data from the ROM so you don't get forced to update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1