Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the firmware that comes attached to it. Because if it does and no way to remove/skip then we would have to skip that game.
EDIT: In short, is it possible to use fully trimmed rom with Sky3DS?

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol this thread has become the "ugh I'm seriously debating getting a sky thread" but we'd all rather have the gateway and its awesome freaking features :(

and I swore I read somewhere that region three also let's a lower fw 3ds play a higher fw game. Did I imagine that or is that true?

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question

- Want to play a retail cartridge in your higher firmware Emunand? Instead of launching "Gateway Mode" launch "Classic Mode" instead, this will let you boot into Emunand to play physical cartridges but your Gateway Red cart does not work in this mode. Don't forget to install any game updates from the E-Shop, as trying to from the game itself may kick you back to sysnand!

So when I boot to Classic mode, can I swap out the Gateway cart with a retail cart with the 3DS still on and it won't crash?

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So garyopa hasnt logged on for days and hes like our only sauce. Is there some kind of crisis going on in the Dominican Repblic? (right? i think thats where he lives)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question

- Want to play a retail cartridge in your higher firmware Emunand? Instead of launching "Gateway Mode" launch "Classic Mode" instead, this will let you boot into Emunand to play physical cartridges but your Gateway Red cart does not work in this mode. Don't forget to install any game updates from the E-Shop, as trying to from the game itself may kick you back to sysnand!

So when I boot to Classic mode, can I swap out the Gateway cart with a retail cart with the 3DS still on and it won't crash?
Yes, that's what classic mode is for.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question

Yes, once you are in emuNAND you can put in any cartridge you want or add roms to Gateway then put it back in

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, once you are in emuNAND you can put in any cartridge you want or add roms to Gateway then put it back in

That's actually really cool. Here I thought that you'd have to downgrade sysnand to 4.5 to even be able to play cartridge games with Gateway. Good to know that you can play them on emunand with the latest firmware.

... I'm only after that sweet sweet New 3DS region free. :cry:

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe some of you already noticed but I have give up on gateway. I have waited enough and it kinda ruined the 3DS hype for me. I am playing on my PS4 and in 3 days battlefield hardline beta will be out. Date which was communicated by professional company DICE, not like shitty gateway. Many more games like bloodborn are on its way to PS4.

Between work and life I have little time left and that I will spend on my PS4 instead of 3DS. Beside that, the only game I really love is Pokemon and that one I always buy Legit. So in the upcomming months PS4 has more sweeter titles to offer for me then 3DS.

Reactions: Thomas12345

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Blimey, you're buying Battlefield on launch day after the unmitigated disaster that was Battlefield 4..? Probably best to wait a month or two until it's actually playable lol

Reactions: Kwongger

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Blimey, you're buying Battlefield on launch day after the unmitigated disaster that was Battlefield 4..? Probably best to wait a month or two until it's actually playable lol
True, but we all hope they learned from BF4 failure. Majority battlefield series did good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea but my total income is negative, lol