Zombie thread, RAAAGH

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah, but once karl3ds is released, it will be very close to what gateway offers in terms of features, emunand, homebrew region free etc, same limitations in regards to FW, but it will support the n3DS......which would pretty much make KARL3DS a sort of convert your sky3ds into a gateway style setup, only thing it will be missing is cia installation, eshop games/dlc....and game mods, but even some of those are being considered for karl3ds, all in all if gateway doesn't release "soon" karl3DS+Sky3DS becomes a viable option for many
Sky3DS would still have to struggle for CIA, eShop and other stuff, including DLC and the limitation of having a 9.2 console, because Karl3DS uses so to run the exploit due to Cubic Ninja being patched in 9.3.
If you have a Sky3DS with >9.2 FW, then you are done for, no emuNAND from Karl3DS.
EmuNAND is in the works for sure, but we cannot be sure yet as to what features will become available once it is complete.
Remember they are limiting everything they are doing to avoid piracy of any sort, so that will limit Sky3DS too to play only ROMs of games but with an emuNAND now. Hopefully some CIA installation but only of homebrew apps.

Aye sir, just did it :)
Hopefully yes :P

The release of what will be coming in details will be out in the next 8 hours. If not I can assure u that it will be out within the next 24 hours. :P
Since its me and another user deciding when to release the details, its pretty much in our hands and not by anyone others. :P
You tempting little creature.
You got me curious now.
I'll be on the lookout for the upcoming 24 hours then, just to be sure. :P

Reactions: Xenophy

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So (KARL3D+EMUNAND>9.2)+SKY3DS+Out of Region Title != Joy?
I guess I'm reading the KARL thread wrong, my mistake.

KARL3DS won't use regionthree but a similar to "gateway classic mode region free" feature.

Reactions: Datalogger

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So (KARL3D+EMUNAND>9.2)+SKY3DS+Out of Region Title != Joy?
I guess I'm reading the KARL thread wrong, my mistake.
I dunno I'm pretty happy with sky3ds except for their exceedingly stupid ROM/button push thing. They SHOULD be able to implement a firmware menu select of ROM and then when quit to rom back to menu select again...

What I mean is that instead of boot to whatever last image was then button press for next ROM in list, would be:
boot -> menu select fake cart
select image w/in the select fake cart -> written to whatever they use to keep track of current rom image w/button push(i.e. fake button pusehs to select it if necessary)
run said image -> quit
default back to menuselect fake card again and restart process
not perfect, but it should be doable somehow...

I wonder if the gateway card(s) that I received are even functional...

:Popcorn: :grog: :salute:

Reactions: Datalogger

ninjanick999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno I'm pretty happy with sky3ds except for their exceedingly stupid ROM/button push thing. They SHOULD be able to implement a firmware menu select of ROM and then when quit to rom back to menu select again...

What I mean is that instead of boot to whatever last image was then button press for next ROM in list, would be:
boot -> menu select fake cart
select image w/in the select fake cart -> written to whatever they use to keep track of current rom image w/button push(i.e. fake button pusehs to select it if necessary)
run said image -> quit
default back to menuselect fake card again and restart process
not perfect, but it should be doable somehow...

I wonder if the gateway card(s) that I received are even functional...

:Popcorn: :grog: :salute:
This might not be possible based on how sky3ds works. If I understand correctly sky3ds fakes out the 3ds as if it was a cartridge, this is why it will work on consoles above 9.2. Some sort of verification is used to load the games though, so that's why you cannot run homebrew or modified ROMs. I may wrong but it looks like a ROM loader menu is not possible with their current setup because the rom must be verified in order to load.

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ahem... Pirate accent:
Ahrrrr... Methinks they be waitin a while after the "blue button" for to be launchin dat feature me-laddo. They be liking to sell another "version" Tripplin de profits. AAAArrrrrrr.....

End message......

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point I'm wondering if it's worth keeping my na n3ds at 9.0... I kinda got it specifically for this reason.. But I'm missing out on Smash online and Pokémon.. :/ and mh4u... Soooooo

I think its worth keeping it at 9.0. Imagine if you update and gateway releases an update with emuNAND support the next day lol. Updating to 9.5 might prevent you from ever using gateway if they are unable to provide an exploit for newer firmware versions. If you decide to go with sky keep in mind that you wont have emuNAND, region will be locked and there is a chance that Nin will patch the sky exploit in future updates... I'm in the same boat as you and I'm waiting.. luckily I have an old XL which I can use in the meanwhile.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point I'm wondering if it's worth keeping my na n3ds at 9.0... I kinda got it specifically for this reason.. But I'm missing out on Smash online and Pokémon.. :/ and mh4u... Soooooo
If you update, Gateway will definitely release their update within 24 hours. It's how the world works.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I finally took my n3ds out of the box and it doesn't have a stylus. Is that normal?

Look inside of your box, or on n3ds bottom, beside power button, you SHOULD have one :wacko:

Reactions: 2Hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol