Zombie thread, RAAAGH

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
It's not Gateway we're waiting for at this point, it's the resellers. Once they have enough stock, then gateway should release the update.

i see some people are calling bullshit to boomie0123 post !!

but no one dared calling her post the same ? :rolleyes:
Just waiting, mostly...

As it turns out, shortly after the 72-hour announcement, resellers went nuts and sent out emails because they were low/out of stock and all the new shipments were delayed for CNY, so they were throwing a fit not to release the update yet because they wouldn't be able to fill orders and would lose tons of sales to competitors. It's my belief this delayed the release of the exploit since resellers sales = GW sales. Hopefully after CNY ends next week and/or the shipments finally leave China the update should launch.

Reactions: boomie0123

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
that post is the biggest bs from all... we should really mail that to the resellers and ask if that´s true

(and even if... the reason is still full of..)

edit: i mean of sonyusa of course ;) i remember that post too..

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so resellers are out of stock, AND update not released - No where for anyone to turn to but competition right now.... I see no logic in your statement, hence I say they will release when it's ready.

The quote Satel just link was where I first read this "theory". Don't shoot the messenger! :D

We should also consider that people are waiting to see if Gateway will have N3DS support in order to determine if they want to go Gateway or sky3ds... so if they release the update and don't have stock then people will just get frustrated and go sky3ds.

PeepersCreepers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not Gateway we're waiting for at this point, it's the resellers. Once they have enough stock, then gateway should release the update.

If Gateway drops the N3DS update when the resellers are out of stock people will turn to their competition (such as sky3ds). They rather wait until the Chinese new year holiday is over so they can ship more out first. Still just a theory though :blink:

I call bullshit.

Look at some of the sites. The ones that list their number of carts anyway. They have over 1000 Gateways. How is that low stock?

My guess is the team is on vacation. The card is manufactured in China, odds are it is programmed in China as well.
No point in doing the multirom support wait again since Sky3DS works NOW.

Reactions: MrJason005

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The quote Satel just link was where I first read this "theory". Don't shoot the messenger! :D

We should also consider that people are waiting to see if Gateway will have N3DS support in order to determine if they want to go Gateway or sky3ds... so if they release the update and don't have stock then people will just get frustrated and go sky3ds.
No
If they were going to go with sky they would have already or will cause there is no update not cause of low stock
It makes fuckall sense
Also makes fuckall sense to hold the update at this point they should have released at least when n3ds dropped in US
The longer they wait the harder it will be for their customers to find off the shelf exploitable consoles and more people are liable to update their already purchased exploitable consoles too,if they are really smart they will try to release something before March 13 the because that's when another new 3 ds title exclusive drops and could update consoles to 9.3 plus
I know a few people with kids who have exploitable n3ds consoles whonintold to stay off line for now but have stopped short of recommending a GW yet because no update , those people have code name steam on. Preorder though
So if it's not out by the 13th and that game ships with.

9.3plus then there are more sales lost

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No
If they were going to go with sky they would have already or will cause there is no update not cause of low stock
It makes fuckall sense
Also makes fuckall sense to hold the update at this point they should have released at least when n3ds dropped in US
The longer they wait the harder it will be for their customers to find off the shelf exploitable consoles and more people are liable to update their already purchased exploitable consoles too,if they are really smart they will try to release something before March 13 the because that's when another new 3 ds title exclusive drops and could update consoles to 9.3 plus
I know a few people with kids who have exploitable n3ds consoles whonintold to stay off line for now but have stopped short of recommending a GW yet because no update , those people have code name steam on. Preorder though
So if it's not out by the 13th and that game ships with.

9.3plus then there are more sales lost

Ya I don't quite believe the low stock story anymore either. I just checked the last website on the US official resellers page and they have "9516 Units in stock" LOL so they clearly have enough. I still rather wait a couple weeks than waste money on another card that might not turn up being better than gateway if they have support soon..

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
SonyUSA earlier stated that because many resellers are running low on stock have been asking GW to delay the update till they can stock up, because if GW releases the update now clients will turn to competition resellers. This can be totally legit. Also GW would prefer to sell a ton of stock to resellers (who will probably overstock) before the update comes than after when the resellers would see the market flow and order less stock

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SonyUSA earlier stated that because many resellers are running low on stock have been asking GW to delay the update till they can stock up, because if GW releases the update now clients will turn to competition resellers. This can be totally legit. Also GW would prefer to sell a ton of stock to resellers (who will probably overstock) before the update comes than after when the resellers would see the market flow and order less stock

What? All that means is that consumers will buy a working card. I did, and sold my Gateway. Both my friends bought a N3DS and a Sky. Those are sales taken right from Gateway.

If they can't understand that, all the power to their competitors.

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This exactly. It makes the most sense to maximize their profit. In the end, you have to remember Gateway is a business, and they're out to make money. Sure they're doing great things for the 3DS hacking scene, but they have to make money to sustain themselves too.

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well don't worry. You will buy a GW again when update is out :P

Maybe. But in the meantime I am actually playing games on my N3DS.

By the time the Sky is no longer supported, odds are the next Nintendo handheld will be around the corner.

If not, hopefully my Wii U is hacked.
Otherwise I still have 19 Steam games to play.

What these companies don't seem to understand is that there are hundreds of things competing for our time. If something doesn't work, I will simply move on to something that does.

GorbseBaind

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ya I don't quite believe the low stock story anymore either. I just checked the last website on the US official resellers page and they have "9516 Units in stock" LOL so they clearly have enough. I still rather wait a couple weeks than waste money on another card that might not turn up being better than gateway if they have support soon..

A stock of nearly 10 thousand Gateways sounds less likely than the low stock story, really. That's a pretty goddamn big number just for one reseller.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SonyUSA can't be considered a credible source though. For all we know, her and Gary are a random hillbilly couple in a trailer park using a old macintosh computer making up shit for their own pure entertainment while having buttsex and watching squirrels.

Make sense.. now we know how she got pregnant:rolleyes:

Reactions: Fulcaire and Herre

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A stock of nearly 10 thousand Gateways sounds less likely than the low stock story, really. That's a pretty goddamn big number just for one reseller.

Exactly. A site has over 9000 Gateways. How is that low?
Its over 9000!!!!!!!

Lol all jokes aside, if you have more than 9000 Gateways, you ate NOT low on stock.

The GW team needs to give us a real reason, otherwise there is literally no reason not to get a Sky. I have one and it's glorious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello @SylverReZ