Zombie thread, RAAAGH

GorbseBaind

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Has anybody thought to ask some of the retailers to correlate those statements?

It'd be pretty hard to find out which retailers they meant. Perhaps it's just some local (read: chinese) retailers they don't want to burn. I mean, sure, mass-email them all but I don't think anyone will answer honestly. Who would want to admit that they're understocked and that they could drop your order due to that?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A stock of nearly 10 thousand Gateways sounds less likely than the low stock story, really. That's a pretty goddamn big number just for one reseller.
How much stock resellers have is totally irrelevant the longer they delay the more sales they will lose to updated consoles sky and customers not being able to buy exploitable consoles off the shelf they would have sold a lot more if they had it ready before or by the US launch and now we see even launch day consoles were a mixed bag
They would have benefitted by having it out with. Exploitable consoles still on the shelf
The longer they wait the worse it will be , kids are impatient and once games start shipping with over 9.2 they are going to bleed sales like crazy , they need to get it out before new games with higher FW ship out and also allow for shipping time for their product and that window is rapidly closing they should release something at least a week before the release of code name steam
So potential customers can have their card before the release of that game which will probably update consoles past 9.2

Reactions: Sonicx64

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly. A site has over 9000 Gateways. How is that low?
Its over 9000!!!!!!!

Lol all jokes aside, if you have more than 9000 Gateways, you ate NOT low on stock.

The GW team needs to give us a real reason, otherwise there is literally no reason not to get a Sky. I have one and it's glorious.

He was saying that it's unlikely that the particular reseller has nearly 10,000 units. That's a shit ton of capital to put up front for something that you 'expect' to sell that many units of. He is saying it's more than likely that the reseller is lying about how many units they have.

Reactions: boomie0123

Herre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly. A site has over 9000 Gateways. How is that low?
Its over 9000!!!!!!!

Lol all jokes aside, if you have more than 9000 Gateways, you ate NOT low on stock.

The GW team needs to give us a real reason, otherwise there is literally no reason not to get a Sky. I have one and it's glorious.

The only possible reason is, waitway fooled us, the red card in their video is a new hardware, they gonna clean their remaining stocks, and release the new hardware...
Sounds horrible....

XenoWarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only possible reason is, waitway fooled us, the red card in their video is a new hardware, they gonna clean their remaining stocks, and release the new hardware...
Sounds horrible....

inb4 this happens...

That would be quite sad. However, I did see an email somewhere. Someone emailed them about their GW on new 3DS, they said latest patch will support all of the GW cards.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
only reason we buy the red card is so it can pass the check that we actually payed them, people freaking out that we need a new version should calm down, they also confirmed this in the emails
we don't really need the red card thanks to devmenu, it's gw forcing us to pay

Reactions: Sonicx64

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He was saying that it's unlikely that the particular reseller has nearly 10,000 units. That's a shit ton of capital to put up front for something that you 'expect' to sell that many units of. He is saying it's more than likely that the reseller is lying about how many units they have.

Hard to believe, since most resellers that list number of cards have over 1000. 2 have over 9000.

So the "low stock" theory is utter bullcrap.

grkazan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little new to this, but what's the most recent news about gateway for n3ds? Are they close to hacking it?

Also, when do you guys expect gateway to be ready for the new 3ds?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds horrible....

It's an FPGA, literally no reason to have a new card. They've already states multiple times that their old card will work with the new update, I don't know why everyone seems to think this is the case.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

Ritchie555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just went for an "old" 3DS XL + gateway. I think it's the better combination

Good plan. I got an N3DS so I could have a 9.0 firmware. I have GW in my O3DS and 3DSXL and an R4i in my N3DS for DS and emulators. Once N3DS support is out I'll swap the GW into the N3DS and keep the XL for emulators etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...