1. dustmite

dustmite Stays Frosty

Luxembourg

I hope this 4 people are the Gateway team. To test the update at 12:02 and release it at 12:03.

thorasgar likes this.
  2. nor3x

nor3x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yea, also depends on use case, you're not using either laptop to seriously game, but if you had to, the sp3 would obviously be better for that.

3. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    Eh, fair. Most people who argue over OS X vs Win usually get absolutely nowhere. I'm only biased towards OS X because I've used it and it's unix-like which is a huge plus for me for terminal stuff.

4. nor3x

nor3x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yup osx wins hands down if you're thing is terminal dev'ing, something win10 is trying to fix with a power shell.

5. VeryCrushed

VeryCrushed Devious Prorammer

United States
    Lol as a programmer, even without gaming I'd take a Razer Blade Pro. Hope the new model comes with a touch screen, it can actually be helpful in many scenarios. Having a nice GPU to go with a device is always a nice thing, especially if your messing with anything that has to do with 3D.

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

United States
    With every click windows gets slower and slower. Never been a Mac person but I just got tired of the constant reimaging hard drives and bought my wife a MacBook pro. And yes that surface keyboard is rather crummy.

It would be a whoot if they were from Missouri. Lol.

Any confirmed reports on firmware from GameStop?

7. nor3x

nor3x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've heard a lot of ppl bring up these same points, upon further questioning these have almost always been people who 1. never actually used anything above win8.1 and 2. Don't know that Microsoft has released 5 different keyboards for the surface... Touch 1 Type 1, Touch 2 Type 2, and one of the best keyboards on an ultrabook to date the surface pro type cover 3.

8. VeryCrushed

United States
    Lol so how many of us use Linux?

9. nor3x

nor3x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm a Linux head! Not as a main driver though... Smh I derailed this thread lol

10. VeryCrushed

United States
    Haha used to only use Windows, then I delved into the world of web hosting. Now I can't get enough xD

nor3x likes this.
  11. nor3x

nor3x Member
    Newcomer

United States
  12. Kracken

Kracken GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, playasia is routinely more expensive than other japanese importers. People have said you can use a US CC on the JPN eshop so do that unless you really need to use paypal.

13. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Everybody these days thinks they need the latest and greatest. I've been using the same netbook for college courses for a good while and I've never been let down by it. ASUS 2.0GHz Dual-Core with Windows 7. Cost me $250, barely more than an N3DS lol. Of course my home PC is a monster, but that's a different story. When you're outside of your home, you really just need something reliable, not super fast/expensive.

14. VeryCrushed

United States
    This is a very true statement, as long as you have something that can get what you need done you should be fine. For me who is out and about all the time I have my G750 for both my gaming and work needs.

15. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    Arch Linux is best Linux.

lukas_2511 and otto888 like this.
  16. nor3x

nor3x Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Agree, if it's not your main, then does it really matter. The reason I brought up the sp3 vs air was because of value per dollar and how Americans are spoon fed products. The sp3 happens to be EXTRA useful to me as I only carry one thing to my college classes... And that one thing has all my handwritten notes as well as required textbooks (which I have saved a killing on because digital). So yea, to each is own.

17. Xzi

United States
    I mean don't get me wrong, Apple is definitely the epitome of unnecessary overspending on technology of any kind, but I can see why people would shy away from Windows 8, too. Hopefully Win10 accomplishes what Win8 kinda failed on, and that's to be a solid OS across all Windows devices, portable or not, immediately after release.

Of course, I might change my tune quick if my student aid comes through for this next semester and it's more than I expect it to be. A multi-function PC with a touchscreen could prove quite useful in that case.

:P

nor3x likes this.
  18. VeryCrushed

United States
    Lol more of a CentOS guy, sometimes Mint.

19. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Linux? What is that?

Lol, just kidding. Why would someone use linux when windows exists? Windows 4 ever :)

20. Xzi

United States
    Nothing wrong with Linux, but definitely more for the DIY type of person, lol. I have Ubuntu on an older machine that was given to me for free, and that thing runs almost as fast as a Windows machine with twice as much power. So it's definitely less of a resource hog, and Linux has better data encryption/security, but being a PC gamer on Linux is just more of a martyrdom than I'm willing to take on, rofl.

2Hack and VeryCrushed like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Zombie, thread, RAAAGH