Zombie thread, RAAAGH

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.0.0-20U :)

Only thing that sucks is supper stable "is not working correctly". May have a dud, will have to see if I can calibrate it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: 2Hack

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong with Linux, but definitely more for the DIY type of person, lol. I have Ubuntu on an older machine that was given to me for free, and that thing runs almost as fast as a Windows machine with twice as much power. So it's definitely less of a resource hog, and Linux has better data encryption/security, but being a PC gamer on Linux is just more of a martyrdom than I'm willing to take on, rofl.
Yes, Linux is a lot more resource friendly. Makes it good for older computers, like those that are still running XP. I still rely on Windows for gaming, which is why I dual boot CentOS and Windows.

2skies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone NA pick up their N3DSXL's? I did but I don't want to even turn it on until Gateway support drops. ;p What's your firmware on the black/red ones?

edit: someone replied way faster than I submitted the message, yay 9.0 :P

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone NA pick up their N3DSXL's? I did but I don't want to even turn it on until Gateway support drops. ;p What's your firmware on the black/red ones?
Look up

Edit: also not grabbing mine until after work tomorrow, don't want to deal with the croud in my area. Always gets crazy with Nintendo releases at my GameStop.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.0.0-20U :)

Only thing that sucks is supper stable "is not working correctly". May have a dud, will have to see if I can calibrate it.
Might sound like a stupid question but how is the color temperature on the top screen (what color tint is it)? Compared to the bottom? Compared to any other 3DSs you own?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might sound like a stupid question but how is the color temperature on the top screen (what color tint is it)? Compared to the bottom? Compared to any other 3DSs you own?
Ha. Don't ask me I am color blind. :)

Noticing a lot of flickering. When I go to calibrate the "super stabil is not working correctly" error flashes constantly. Tried takinging my glasses off, moving couches, wiped the lens with a tissue. Same thing. The 3D effect is there but brightness seems to be flicking.

Called GameStop but they were closing up and said all of their stock is committed to pre-order. (So was mine, but mine doesn't work). Said I would have to go through Nintindo. Don't think so! They open at 10:00 and manager will be there. I get a new one or my money back. Still have one shipping from Best Buy, but I am going to have to scramble to find another one. May check Amazon after I post this.

This sucks we have a 7 hour road trip in the morning and I was really hoping my oldest son could have his own 3DS even if was just playing our retail carts.

Other than that it looks nice. Not sure I like the red, but my wife and two boys are redheads so red is the favorite color in this house. :)

Will look up some more troubleshooting steps. The camera it uses is the center one at the top correct?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Noticing a lot of flickering. When I go to calibrate the "super stabil is not working correctly" error flashes constantly. Tried takinging my glasses off, moving couches, wiped the lens with a tissue. Same thing. The 3D effect is there but brightness seems to be flicking.

Called GameStop but they were closing up and said all of their stock is committed to pre-order. (So was mine, but mine doesn't work). Said I would have to go through Nintindo. Don't think so! They open at 10:00 and manager will be there. I get a new one or my money back. Still have one shipping from Best Buy, but I am going to have to scramble to find another one. May check Amazon after I post this.

This sucks we have a 7 hour road trip in the morning and I was really hoping my oldest son could have his own 3DS even if was just playing our retail carts.

Other than that it looks nice. Not sure I like the red, but my wife and two boys are redheads so red is the favorite color in this house. :)

Will look up some more troubleshooting steps. The camera it uses is the center one at the top correct?

At one point during the demonstration of the super stable 3d in the settings, but NOT the calibration that's like "hey don't mess with this calibration!", on step 2, there is a stick figure and he moves and will lean his head if you lean your head to show you how the tracking is seeing you, try that out and see what he does.

Reactions: thorasgar

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well if you have another coming in see if you get the same thing happening. It does sound like a problem with the unit though, so see what the Manager will do. I wish you luck.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At one point during the demonstration of the super stable 3d in the settings, but NOT the calibration that's like "hey don't mess with this calibration!", on step 2, there is a stick figure and he moves and will lean his head if you lean your head to show you how the tracking is seeing you, try that out and see what he does.
He tracks fairly well, tilts his head when I tilt mine, but it greys out a lot and flicks the ? Mark on his face and flickers the error message. I moved to the dining room with no CFL bulbs and same thing. The error never stays on for long but is it is never stable for more than a second or so.

Amazon only has the jap version, BB web site is sold out online and in store, Wally world doesn't have it up on their site.

Live and learn. Next time pre-order twice as many as you need and just return the excess.

It's not like the road trip will be ruined or anything. We will have 3 iPhones, 2 iPads and a GW 3DS with us. Hell I could bring the WII U and plug it into the inverter and they can play off the Gamepad. Lol. That thing only draws 30 watts, right? I suppose they could even play Smash with the WII U and 3DS or do they connect over the LAN?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried turning auto-brightness off in the home menu settings? That stopped the 'flickering' for me

Reactions: thorasgar

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is when all the people with Jap New 3ds hurt in tha but

Why? Many of us have a console unavailable in the US with faceplates, SNES buttons and fits in our pockets.

I have a US N3DS XL sitting right next to my N3DS JPN in their boxes. Guess which one I'm returning?

Reactions: Aeodan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi