Zombie thread, RAAAGH

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
How do you know support is coming extremely soon? What is "extremely soon" anyway? Back in December everybody thought support was coming soon.

By the way, GW's official website clearly states that:

Team Gateway will EXCLUSIVELY communicate about news/update/info on our official website here or via our official email [email protected]
Anything different such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, other emails etc. is not coming from Team Gateway. Watch out for fake accounts/scammers!

Judging from GW's past behaviour, it's much more reasonable to think the release won't happen for at least another month

Thomas if you go back 2 or 3 pages the answer you looking for is posted there by SonyUSA,she said "won't be long now" without anyone asking her & i'm sure you know what this means ? she was probably told the release date by the gateway team. ;)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thomas if you go back 2 or 3 pages the answer you looking for is posted there by SonyUSA,she said "won't be long now" without anyone asking her & i'm sure you know what this means ? she was probably told the release date by the gateway team. ;)

Garyopa also came online again yesterday, which is a good sign. Apparently his internet got knocked down again after some storm. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised given that he lives on an island somewhere.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

But who is SonyUSA? What reason do we have to believe her? If I create a new account and claim to be a beta tester without proof, and say that the release will come out tomorrow, you guys must believe me right?

BTW, I'm not hating on GW for no reason... if sky3ds team, or anybody for that matter, did this type of thing I'd hate on them too

EDIT: Like i said in my previous post, all real GW communication is done through their website, not some member on gbatemp. If GW wants an official representative or leaker on gbatemp, then they should say this on their website somewhere (and personally i think this would be a good idea)

Reactions: Ralph1611

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
But who is SonyUSA? What reason do we have to believe her?

she makes GW tutorials,she makes GW video's,she beta test their software & possibly the one who updates their website with news & the one who replies to "customer" emails on behalf of the GW team. she also told us the last long awaited hype train update was coming & it did.

the way i look at it is they are the GATE & she's their WAY. ;)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wasn't the leaked tutorial completely wrong though? :wtf:

Related to Mii creation or something like that when it wasn't the good method at all.

Not trying to troll though, maybe I missed something.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the leaked tutorial completely wrong though? :wtf:

Related to Mii creation or something like that when it wasn't the good method at all.

Not trying to troll though, maybe I missed something.

It was a legit tutorial, confirmed by garyopa. The problem is that Gateway opted to not release that exploit since it was unstable and basically kills Mii functionality (which is important for a lot of games, ie Tomodachi Life, Sm4sh, Streetpass, etc). If my Miis were killed off, I could probably live with it, but I'd rather have an exploit which had minimal damages like ninjhax.

Reactions: VeryCrushed

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We don't know if its fake cause we don't have the update yet....

I meant, for the 9.x exploit and we have the update since a while now.

It was a legit tutorial, confirmed by garyopa. The problem is that Gateway opted to not release that exploit since it was unstable and basically kills Mii functionality (which is important for a lot of games, ie Tomodachi Life, Sm4sh, Streetpass, etc). If my Miis were killed off, I could probably live with it, but I'd rather have an exploit which had minimal damages like ninjhax.

Okay, missed that part then, thanks.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As that time, it wasn't stated yet N3DS used a different exploit (we didn't even knew N3DS wouldn't be supported with 9.x exploit). I'm pretty sure the tutorial didn't said it was only for N3DS because I looked at it to see how it would work and I didn't had a N3DS at that time (and I still don't have one).

But as I already said, shinyquagsire23's explanation was fine for me.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was she not using a N3DS? If I remember correctly it was. And we already know that the N3DS uses a different exploit. As stated above, Gary also confirmed this all.

I know with the web browser exploit the N3DS will definitely need a new exploit, partially because the web browser is updated and doesn't have that vulnerability, and also partially because even if there was another browser exploit the JAP N3DS's on 8.1 don't have the new browser installed.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I THINK we could see an update soon (around friday), even with 9.5 emunand. This way people can system transfers to their N3DS before 9.6 will come out and will block emunand for a while.

VeryCrushed

Devious Prorammer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know with the web browser exploit the N3DS will definitely need a new exploit, partially because the web browser is updated and doesn't have that vulnerability, and also partially because even if there was another browser exploit the JAP N3DS's on 8.1 don't have the new browser installed.

Yeah, no one knows what GW will do. Ether they find a new exploit or they use the Mii one with its drawbacks (or perhaps they can find a way to fix those drawbacks).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3