Zombie thread, RAAAGH

itsamario2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one person discovered a flaw in the security implementation. He didn't say he shared it with anyone at all. It could be months until Gateway finds it themselves, finds an alternative, or the solution leaks to them (as has happened in the past). Making an assumption that because someone cracked it that Gateway will be able to immediately is only founded on your wishful thinking.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one person discovered a flaw in the security implementation. He didn't say he shared it with anyone at all. It could be months until Gateway finds it themselves, finds an alternative, or the solution leaks to them (as has happened in the past). Making an assumption that because someone cracked it that Gateway will be able to immediately is only founded on your wishful thinking.

Actually it's two people, yellows8 and that one annoying attention seeker guy who had DevMenu running on his 3DS before.

itsamario2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it's two people, yellows8 and that one annoying attention seeker guy who had DevMenu running on his 3DS before.

Where is your source? Just because yellows8 is aware of the fact it can be done, and thus changed his original statement, does not mean he has done / knows how to do it himself. Unless he's told you otherwise...? He probably changed the statement based on the work of mathieu.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is your source? Just because yellows8 is aware of the fact it can be done, and thus changed his original statement, does not mean he has done / knows how to do it himself. Unless he's told you otherwise...? He probably changed the statement based on the work of mathieu.
This:

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/563041822898139138

And my first post:
EDIT: Hate pulling IRC logs (it's just kinda weird), but this is basically the reasoning for the edit:
Code:
[20:44] <@yellows8> http://3dbrew.org/w/index.php?title=9.5.0-22&curid=1823&diff=11562&oldid=11560 ;-)
[20:45] < Normmatt> so can decrypt it with any arm9 hax on n3ds?
[20:47] <@yellows8> correct

Winking faces are serious stuff. And nobody is going to give definitive proof, because that would mean making it easier for Gateway. And no, mathieu only announced his findings after yellows8, although it's possible the two keep in touch (not sure if they do or not).

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

itsamario2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Winking faces are serious stuff. And nobody is going to give definitive proof, because that would mean making it easier for Gateway. And no, mathieu only announced his findings after yellows8, although it's possible the two keep in touch (not sure if they do or not).

This is proof enough for me, so I concede at least two people know, but again this is no indicator at all to what success Gateway will have.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Last Naruto: The Movie?

Yes.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, if GW hasn't cracked it and you think there lying just move it along, sky3ds is waiting for you. Proof? Could you understand any of the proof even if it was provided to you? Could any of you do anything with it, granted I've seen a few people who have released useful apps but the majority sitting here asking for proof as if they can confirm with there own eyes that the code can be cracked GIVE ME A GOOD LAUGH.

Also smea does not work for GW, leave it at that.

itsamario2015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter what anyone says, if GW hasn't cracked it and you think there lying just move it along, sky3ds is waiting for you. Proof? Could you understand any of the proof even if it was provided to you? Could any of you do anything with it, granted I've seen a few people who have released useful apps but the majority sitting here asking for proof as if they can confirm with there own eyes that the code can be cracked GIVE ME A GOOD LAUGH.

Also smea does not work for GW, leave it at that.

Who are you replying to?
Who stated Gateway was lying?
Who asked for proof?
Who said smea works for Gateway?

I have read the last few pages and didn't see any of this stuff... I think you're giving yourself a laugh at phantom posters...

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who are you replying to?
Who stated Gateway was lying?
Who asked for proof?
Who said smea works for Gateway?

I have read the last few pages and didn't see any of this stuff... I think you're giving yourself a laugh at phantom posters...

Dont worry about tony...he attacks anyone and anything:lol:

Reactions: satel

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Only those who constantly repeat themselves.

Gateway is great, Sky3ds ain't bad, can't wait to pirate games for free and make Nintendo Mad :gba:
Gateway is great, Sky3ds ain't bad, can't wait to pirate games for free and make Nintendo Mad :gba:

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do this everyday and ill be all on your ass too : )

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Do this everyday and ill be all on your ass too : )

Also tony, how long do you think it will take for the 9.5 emunand release to come out?
I'm personally thinking a month

Also, Sky3ds; I respect for them in the sense that they got another method of running games on 3DS, the thing is as easy as it is to patch out
Nintendo don't focus on this sort of thing and i'm there are some DS carts that people can still use for DS's like DSTwo for 3DS so i'm sure regardless of how easy it is to patch out
it will last for a while

Any thoughts on this, just wish there was a way in the future for Sky3ds to run region free stuff no N3DS :unsure:

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also tony, how long do you think it will take for the 9.5 emunand release to come out?

Also, Sky3ds; I respect for them in the sense that they got another method of running games on 3DS, the thing is as easy as it is to patch out
Nintendo don't focus on this sort of thing and i'm there are some DS carts that people can still use for DS's like DSTwo for 3DS so i'm sure regardless of how easy it is to patch out
it will last for a while

Any thoughts on this, just wish there was a way in the future for Sky3ds to run region free stuff no N3DS :unsure:

Probably a month. It looks like GW might need to release what they have for n3ds support as a beta as well and see how it fairs with the inexperienced users, from there if all fairs well they can move forward with 9.5 support for n3ds.

I assume at first that sky3ds would be region free because of the way it works on multiple systems with any needed software adjustments. But to my surprise it will only play games depending on the region of the system. It definitely sounds like sky3ds is solid but it lacks homebrew and thats the only negative I see.

I respect the scene and welcome more competition, its the only way to keep them on there toes. Sure as hell aint gonna sit around and bicker about a late release.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

it will last for a while

A month? The only thing that'll happen in the next month is another useless announcement about n3ds support coming soon. GW can't even get emunand <=9.4 working in the 2.5 months they've had so far.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
A month? The only thing that'll happen in the next month is another useless announcement about n3ds support coming soon. GW can't even get emunand <=9.4 working in the 2.5 months they've had so far.

No, Support is coming extremely soon, the thing is emunand can take a while, things can speed up once the system comes out

I know you're a sky fan but don't hate the gate ;)

Reactions: satel

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, Support is coming extremely soon, the thing is emunand can take a while, things can speed up once the system comes out

I know you're a sky fan but don't hate the gate ;)

How do you know support is coming extremely soon? What is "extremely soon" anyway? Back in December everybody thought support was coming soon.

By the way, GW's official website clearly states that:

Team Gateway will EXCLUSIVELY communicate about news/update/info on our official website here or via our official email [email protected]
Anything different such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, other emails etc. is not coming from Team Gateway. Watch out for fake accounts/scammers!

Judging from GW's past behaviour, it's much more reasonable to think the release won't happen for at least another month

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8