Gaming Zelda Wii or Zelda GC

• Thread starter cheech1
  • Start date
  • Views 6,109
  • Replies 41

Will you buy a Wii at launch along with Zelda or wait 3 weeks for the Gamecube version??

• Buy Wii and Zelda at launch. Zelda Wii will be vastly superior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for Zelda GC...Not quite sold on Wii yet but must have Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

cheech1

OP
I think I might actually wait for the Zelda Gamecube version. I think the Wii will be great...just not completely sold on it yet. Plus shelling out $50 for the game instead of $300 for Wii and the Wii ver. of the game will be a little easier for my wallet. Christmas season and all. Just wanted to see what the rest of You guy's thought.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think most people will buy the Wii version.
Which means few buying the Gamecube version which means the Gamecube version will be rare in the future.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i'll buy the Wii+Zelda at launch, and later on once its released the GC version , i must have both! and finish both! i have all OOT versions, so 2 TP versions isnt much xD (OOT has like... 3 or 4 ports?)

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
im getting the wii and the ps3 on launch day...
so im gonna get the wii version....
because simply put
im not gonna and i think neither you are gonna
play a half-done zelda.

Twilight princess was done for wiimote no matter that
wasnt its original purpose.

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for GCN, but I am going to get a Wii near launch.

I'm just not really..impressed with the information about the zelda wii in terms of being different from the GCN. What I mean is that all it seems is the control style is changed (I dont care about the mirrored business). I haven't played it yet so I cant bash it, but it just doesnt look as comfortable. Plus I'm part of the left handed minority so I'd have to adjust (Which really isn't too bad though)

But I'd buy it if Wii only extras were confirmed.

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
speaking from experience at e3, the wiimote control for zelda is goofy. it's obvious that the game wasn't designed for the wiimote.

the game doesn't look better on wii, so my choice is obvious; GC zelda.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I'm getting a Wii and Zelda:TP for Wii. I'm not quite sold the controls for zelda tho...

and getting the GC version might not be stupid at all since the only diffrence is the control scheme, as far as I know... aiming for hookshot, bow and slingshot will be better in wii version... but swordslashing in my oppinion at this time feels like it's better on the GC version. atleast that's how I feel at this moment.

however someone qouted George Harrison and he said ZeldaTP on Wii would look better... However, I'm pretty sure that's a lie. I hope for everyones sake (except his) it is
smile.gif

Pado

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't you plugin a gamecube controller into the Wii?
Then it'd be the same, no?

I wonder wether it will be that convenient
tongue.gif
... it shouldn't be too hard to implement the GC controls for the GC controller in the Wii version too .... there should be enough space left on the Wii disc
tongue.gif

I will be getting the Wii along with TP at launch either way
smile.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii version. Despite the fact I'm getting the system anyways so it's not like I'm buying it for $300 I can easily weigh my choices.

I see the Wii one with the control as just more responsive to my needs therefore superior. I've never much loved 3D 3rd person games where that second analog has always dragged along in trying to do the simplist of tasks. You find it aims too slow for a projectile weapon, you have to be finicky with angling it for crap like cameras, and there are those 'hot spots' to just be right to grab X item. I see the wii controller allowing me to aim a projectile more like I would in reality which is faster, and I see me being able to really 'see' around quicker than a stick does, and being able to aim at X item on a shelf and grab it without jockeying a second stick I find nice too.

All that aside I really have always in a game style like this wanted to literally control where my sword and shield actions would be, and this one does that. INstead of the scripted 3-5 swipes you get in a game I can slash high, low, stab the gut, nick the shins, or go for the throat/face how I want to...and as much so block those same areas. Just seems like a more interesting and open challenge to me as it's something new.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traditional GCN version for me.
Already Reserved it anyway.

The Wii version will always be there, I can always get it later.
Besides, may be awhile before I can grab a Wii anyway.
Though the irony is that my GCN stoped working... so I guess Im stuck either way :/

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sign me up for the GCN version as well. I have no plans on buying any next gen console until next summer at the earliest, still so much current gen goodness to be played and nothing next gen has really piqued my interest as of yet.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With delay after delay of the gamecube version of zelda I would be very surprised if its ever released. The gamecube can't be any deader than it is now.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...meant to be...riiiight.

I wish people would get over the self defensive arrogance over the GC version like it's some personal stake in it being the 'non mirror version', 'how it is meant to be played', and 'will just not be tiring and work better.'

Unless you're on the dev or test team, helped create it, or got early copies of both and finished them...stfu. I see this tired argument over at AMN where I admin and it digusts me the level of tardish fanboyism like you know better than Nintendo does and your personal edict on what is right and wrong matters for a crap. Just stop, play the version you want, and curb the arrogant pithy bs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill