Zelda Wii or Zelda GC

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by cheech1, Oct 22, 2006.

?

Will you buy a Wii at launch along with Zelda or wait 3 weeks for the Gamecube version??

1. Buy Wii and Zelda at launch. Zelda Wii will be vastly superior

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wait for Zelda GC...Not quite sold on Wii yet but must have Zelda

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Oct 22, 2006

Zelda Wii or Zelda GC by cheech1 at 7:33 PM (4,523 Views / 0 Likes) 41 replies

1. cheech1
    OP

cheech1 Newbie

I think I might actually wait for the Zelda Gamecube version. I think the Wii will be great...just not completely sold on it yet. Plus shelling out $50 for the game instead of $300 for Wii and the Wii ver. of the game will be a little easier for my wallet. Christmas season and all. Just wanted to see what the rest of You guy's thought.

2. Foppzter

Member Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    I think most people will buy the Wii version.
    Which means few buying the Gamecube version which means the Gamecube version will be rare in the future.

3. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    i'll buy the Wii+Zelda at launch, and later on once its released the GC version , i must have both! and finish both! i have all OOT versions, so 2 TP versions isnt much xD (OOT has like... 3 or 4 ports?)

4. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Definitly Wii + Zelda TP. Can't...wait...anymore...

5. asher

Member asher ^ Liar

Mexico
    im getting the wii and the ps3 on launch day...
    so im gonna get the wii version....
    because simply put
    im not gonna and i think neither you are gonna
    play a half-done zelda.

Twilight princess was done for wiimote no matter that
    wasnt its original purpose.

6. Heito

Member Heito Advanced Member

United States
    I voted for GCN, but I am going to get a Wii near launch.

I'm just not really..impressed with the information about the zelda wii in terms of being different from the GCN. What I mean is that all it seems is the control style is changed (I dont care about the mirrored business). I haven't played it yet so I cant bash it, but it just doesnt look as comfortable. Plus I'm part of the left handed minority so I'd have to adjust (Which really isn't too bad though)

But I'd buy it if Wii only extras were confirmed.

7. ZildjianKX

Member ZildjianKX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are the games graphically the same besides widescreen on the Wii? Both run in 480p, right? Same textures, etc?

8. serious_sean

Member serious_sean GBAtemp Regular

United States
    speaking from experience at e3, the wiimote control for zelda is goofy. it's obvious that the game wasn't designed for the wiimote.

the game doesn't look better on wii, so my choice is obvious; GC zelda.

9. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    I'm getting a Wii and Zelda:TP for Wii. I'm not quite sold the controls for zelda tho...

and getting the GC version might not be stupid at all since the only diffrence is the control scheme, as far as I know... aiming for hookshot, bow and slingshot will be better in wii version... but swordslashing in my oppinion at this time feels like it's better on the GC version. atleast that's how I feel at this moment.

however someone qouted George Harrison and he said ZeldaTP on Wii would look better... However, I'm pretty sure that's a lie. I hope for everyones sake (except his) it is [​IMG]

10. BaHaMut_ZeR0

Newcomer BaHaMut_ZeR0 Member

United States
    Can't you plugin a gamecube controller into the Wii?
    Then it'd be the same, no?

11. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    wii version. it comes out first.

12. Pado

Member Pado GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I wonder wether it will be that convenient [​IMG] ... it shouldn't be too hard to implement the GC controls for the GC controller in the Wii version too .... there should be enough space left on the Wii disc [​IMG] ....

I will be getting the Wii along with TP at launch either way [​IMG].

13. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I already pre-ordered the GC version back in Januaray, so I'm sticking to that unless the NA release is cancelled.

14. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Wii version. Despite the fact I'm getting the system anyways so it's not like I'm buying it for $300 I can easily weigh my choices.

I see the Wii one with the control as just more responsive to my needs therefore superior. I've never much loved 3D 3rd person games where that second analog has always dragged along in trying to do the simplist of tasks. You find it aims too slow for a projectile weapon, you have to be finicky with angling it for crap like cameras, and there are those 'hot spots' to just be right to grab X item. I see the wii controller allowing me to aim a projectile more like I would in reality which is faster, and I see me being able to really 'see' around quicker than a stick does, and being able to aim at X item on a shelf and grab it without jockeying a second stick I find nice too.

All that aside I really have always in a game style like this wanted to literally control where my sword and shield actions would be, and this one does that. INstead of the scripted 3-5 swipes you get in a game I can slash high, low, stab the gut, nick the shins, or go for the throat/face how I want to...and as much so block those same areas. Just seems like a more interesting and open challenge to me as it's something new.

15. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Traditional GCN version for me.
    Already Reserved it anyway.

The Wii version will always be there, I can always get it later.
    Besides, may be awhile before I can grab a Wii anyway.
    Though the irony is that my GCN stoped working... so I guess Im stuck either way :/

16. beedog19

Member beedog19 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sign me up for the GCN version as well. I have no plans on buying any next gen console until next summer at the earliest, still so much current gen goodness to be played and nothing next gen has really piqued my interest as of yet.

17. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    With delay after delay of the gamecube version of zelda I would be very surprised if its ever released. The gamecube can't be any deader than it is now.

18. NoNameFace

Member NoNameFace GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    i voted gamecube version of zelda becasue im not going to buy wii at launch...

19. Rabbi Nevins

Member Rabbi Nevins GBAtemp Regular

United States
    GCN fo sho...zelda was meant to played with a controller

20. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    ...meant to be...riiiight.

I wish people would get over the self defensive arrogance over the GC version like it's some personal stake in it being the 'non mirror version', 'how it is meant to be played', and 'will just not be tiring and work better.'

Unless you're on the dev or test team, helped create it, or got early copies of both and finished them...stfu. I see this tired argument over at AMN where I admin and it digusts me the level of tardish fanboyism like you know better than Nintendo does and your personal edict on what is right and wrong matters for a crap. Just stop, play the version you want, and curb the arrogant pithy bs.