Gaming Zelda update 1.1.1 is out

Did the update improve the framerate for you?

• Yes

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can confirm that the frame-rate drop issue has been fixed in that version.

Easy to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Game's always run fine on my Wii U anyway, unless you hit home, then there's a noticeable wait for the game to return after leaving home.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone ever notice a lag or game pause during the death of some moblins?. happens to me sometimes. Once time it was a good 10 sec. the game was not locked up nor was the system. . it resumed fine after that. Il have to see if it happens now that a patch was out.

Reactions: cyb0rg and KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone ever notice a lag or game pause during the death of some moblins?. happens to me sometimes. Once time it was a good 10 sec. the game was not locked up nor was the system. . it resumed fine after that. Il have to see if it happens now that a patch was out.

Still happens mate.

Reactions: cyb0rg

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a moblin in hyrule castle smashed him up a long set of stairs, he rag dolled down the best part of 10-15 steps in super slow mo... After updating.
lol. I wonder why it does that. maybe it trying to load the death animations and lagging out. I wonder if it happens on the wii U version. my guess is it does. if its only on switch then i bet its a port issue. Kinda like how Ikaruga on gamecube laggs when explosions are happening.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol. I wonder why it does that. maybe it trying to load the death animations and lagging out. I wonder if it happens on the wii U version. my guess is it does. if its only on switch then i bet its a port issue. Kinda like how Ikaruga on gamecube laggs when explosions are happening.

Yeah mines Wii U version :)

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try turning off your device and back on again? It fixed the issue for me. I'm running on the switch version.

Reactions: ogioto

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thinking about getting a switch and will only ever use it in handheld mode. Am I right in thinking that playing handheld Zelda doesn't have any framerate issues at all and that the problems lie in docked mode?
Depends what you mean by problem? Was never really a problem for me, I'm 200+ hours into it and only noticed the drop maybe 3 or 4 times in certain areas. And it did not affect my gameplay or quality thereof.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try turning off your device and back on again? It fixed the issue for me. I'm running on the switch version.
Nope. i did go to the home menu then back to the game and shortly after that it resumed. its like it was trying to load the death animation or the purple smoke as it happened right as he died. did not have any problems after that during that gaming session. It was like 2 weeks ago. Splatoon ran fine. no lag there. i think splatoon 2 test fire demo is a port of the wii u test fire demo. i noticed the roller worked like did before the major wii u updates

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
Before I update I just wanna make sure the bowling game from Pondo still rewards you with 280 rupees per strike?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I update I just wanna make sure the bowling game from Pondo still rewards you with 280 rupees per strike?
ah, best money-making scheme I'd come across. To keep it from getting monotonous, I started keeping track as if I was playing a full game of bowling and calculating my final score. Best score was a 277:
|7 2|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X|X X 8|

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished three dungeons on the Wii U download version. I'm super picky about my framerate. I want 60. I feel like the complaints about this version is not exaggerated but falls flat as you're out and about exploring or doing shrines 95% of the time and when you do it's barely happening at all. I was really prepared for a shitty experience but it's been the complete opposite. I'm going to play 1.1.1 all day but I doubt I'll notice much difference.

Nintendo hardware still sucks. I envy those who'll get the complete experience on Cemu but having played over half of the map there's no way I'm restarting later.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yeah but it's boring and tedious IMO the best and most fun way to make money is go hunting 1 shooting dear, wolves and giant blue boars in the snowfields. cook up 5 rare raw meat and sell the skewers for $490 a pop

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it improve the framerate more than setting Wii-U output to 1080i (which helps a lot but looks worse)? And is the cost of this a lower dynamic resolution, decreased draw distance (I noticed a lot of pop ups, but it was a new village which I never visited in the 100 hours before, so I cannot compare) and even more foggy smog?

If you improve the framerate, it must come at a cost unless you rewrite the flawed logic of badly written performance eating shaders. I did not play for two weeks so it is hard to compare.

Last edited by Enteking,

demalmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed something that you may have not realised yet. In this version all animal and insects has a lower "radio" to detect you and they scape slower. I have met(close to me) just today as many bugs and animals as I have encounter in my other 150 played hours.

Reactions: Benja81

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
That's the first time I hear about this glitch. Hold dpad down to whistle, spam B and run. Not working for me.
You don't hold the whistle button, you mash it and B at the same time. That way, you're constantly switching between the whistle action and the run action and your meter either doesn't empty or empties much, much slower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong