ROM Hack Zelda PH: Use arrow keys to control Link!

  • Thread starter Thread starter felix123
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 9,310
  • Replies Replies 44
@Wrath of God:
For roll, I find you need to jerk the stylus to the edge as quickly as possible. Do a few more in one motion should make it happen more often.
 
Great hack, now I won't have to put up with this shit anymore:

whereslink.jpg

Hey... Wheres' Link and why can't I just sit back and walk around without all the hassle and unnecessary arm movements?!

TakaM, you really that ignorant? When I play a game while holding the handheld with two hands and just using my two thumbs (one on d-pad, one on other buttons), I can play for so much longer without getting annoyed by extra movements and being forced to hold the DS with just my left hand. When you're playing the game intensively, with fast movements, some movements will be inaccurate plus it's just like writing, you just want to stop after half an hour of non stop writing or so.

Also, it's not because it's Zelda, any game with stylus-only-control just pisses me off.
 
ignorant?

Shit... pirating a game is one thing, but editing the game to how you please is another.

If it were my game, sure I would be annoyed by people pirating my game, but at least they're playing it, I would fucking hate to see people ruin my game for their own conceited preferences.
Call me ignorant if you want, but this patch disgusts me.
 
I didnt have much trouble playing this game. Infact, i´m on the last boss!
wink.gif

I set my hand in in a position so i can both see the screen and yet only take up 5% of the lower right screen. I learned this playing EBA and Oundean. It´s not hard. Now to finish up the boss! ROAR!
gba.gif
 
ignorant?

Shit... pirating a game is one thing, but editing the game to how you please is another.

If it were my game, sure I would be annoyed by people pirating my game, but at least they're playing it, I would fucking hate to see people ruin my game for their own conceited preferences.
Call me ignorant if you want, but this patch disgusts me.


Ruin?

From the very beginning, the exclusion of traditional D-pad control was a stupid idea. The fact is, some people would prefer to play the game with a D-pad and buttons. The stylus control is okay, but the fact that it's forced on us can be annoying.

Don't get so worked up. People will still enjoy the game the same way you will... They'll just be using a control scheme that should have been there in the first place.

I'm so sorry that people are editing the game to make their playing experience more enjoyable. How dare they.
 
i think the game should of had two ways of playing it, i mean look at metroid prime hunters. it can be tiring for your left/right hand to hold it. you can also by the hori stand, i have one and it's amazing. seriously it helps so much with stylus based games.
 
This got me thin king.. is it possible for someone to map the different sword strikes + rolling to the x/y/a/b buttons too?
 
Thank you, I'm left handed and I can't use the stylus accurately while holding the DS because it feels too strange.
 
This got me thin king.. is it possible for someone to map the different sword strikes + rolling to the x/y/a/b buttons too?

I'd imagine that it'd be possible, not that I'd use it. You couldn't assign most attacks to buttons, though, because, for example, the most basic attack involves tapping an enemy. Maybe the sword attack where he just swings it could be assigned, but you wouldn't be able to use it while moving. You can also do a spin attack as it is by pressing the D-pad in a circle.

They might be able to assign some. It wouldn't work too well, though.
 
Nintendo anticipated something like this.
Go visit the corpse at the northwest corner of B11. It says "'It wouldn't be fun without arrow keys.' I wish I hadn't said idiotic things like that."
 
i really do hope there will ever be a version that allows complete buttonplay any news on it?
 
a patch I didn't want to see.

normally I'm happy to see romhacks for any game that do pretty much anything, but this is just a step backwards and a slap in nintendos face.

What an bad attitude. Some people are more comfortable using the d-pad. Great little hack, hopefully they'll be one for the USA version.
 
As a lefty and someone with big hands, I hope this passes through to the english version. I had trouble playing Kirby: Canvas Curse since my hand almost blocked my view.
 
Well, I personally don't like the idea of using the d-pad, but my opinion on the products actual function is trivial. What I'm more excited about is the fact that this is kind of hack is even possible. I hope this inspires more people to get into other forms of ROM hacking for the NDS, like translation. I would sure like to get an English wifi-enabled Go game in the states.
 
we really need this hack completed since nintendo wanted to piss up its fans this is not nice
 
They did it Touchscreen only because they knew that people always would have to change controls.

 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted