Not open for further replies.

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
as it says in the description is it possible? they made a super mario 64 port with better graphics so why not do it for ocarina of time? fter all its rated best game ever by many so post you thoughts about this
yaynds.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes it could be done, but it would be pointless...besides we want the next new zelda game not a port of a game that many of us played countless times already
tongue.gif

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My guess is we will have to wait for the next generation of portables to come out. They may be able to emulate it. Probably the first time we will see it portable.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It is possible, and seing at Nintendo, which will milk everything until it's dried out, it's likely, Ocarina of ime has been made for GameCube, Nintendo 64, and Wii (OoT is an SNES product, isn't it? Or N64?) with this record, and the capability of DS, I won't be surprised should they say "The best Zelda is on the path to NDS Kingdom"

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I have thought of that, and the only obstruction I can see is a lack of buttons. That, and a D-pad would be lame compared with the analog stick.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Raestloz said:
They can get around analog with touchscreen, just like PH =),

Wait, isn't OoT an SNES product? SNES has the exact same button with NDS, doesn't it?
No, OOT was N64.

If nintendo were to do it, touch screen would probably just be used for on the fly inventory management

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It had L, R, Z, A, B, Start, C-up, C-down, C-left, C-right, and analog, and the d-pad
Thats it I think.

WileCoyote said:
Yes it could be done, but it would be pointless...besides we want the next new zelda game not a port of a game that many of us played countless times already
tongue.gif

That's a lie!
I've never played OoT

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
not really a problem;
dpad = analogue stick
A, B = A, B
C left, C right = Y, X (only equip two alternative weapons, or make the sword optional ala Link's Awakening etc)
Z = L
R = R
Select = C up (for navi and first person)
Ocarina notes = dpad, A, B when in ocarina mode
Start = pause/inventory

Don't really need the extra pointless buttons like turning the the on-screen map on/off since it can just be on the touch screen or whatever

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bridgy84 said:
My guess is we will have to wait for the next generation of portables to come out. They may be able to emulate it. Probably the first time we will see it portable.

yeah i was actuly thinking that i was about to say maybe they will make it for the rumored "ds2" but who knows thanks for all the post on your ideas by the way!

Twiggy12

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
I'll try to look for an image, the explanation makes me confused.....

Holy Cow....
buttons2.gif

I never imagined it's that complicated

it actuly isnt really because basicly no games used the d pad and the main buttons where a,b,start,z thats all i had to use because i got n64 when i was really young and loved it......was scared of zelda tho
shy.gif

so thats why it wouldent be to hard because we could use touch screen maybe for anoloug stick or just use d-pad since it would be easier with d-pad and the ab buttons could be a b and x could be menu and y be.....maybe the infamous spin attack while the c buttons are also on touch screen or something like that

ill try draw diagram on paint now but i dont know how to add diagrams so it may not happen

Jordan10la

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Twiggy12 said:
ill try draw diagram on paint now but i dont know how to add diagrams so it may not happen
What do you mean how to add diagrams? What kind of diagram are ya thinkin'? Paint is pretty basic...

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used the D-pad in SM64DS, even though analog is better, the D-pad on DS-lite still works well for it. I never had an issue. And ocarina of time could SOOOO work on the DS, buttonwise, you forget that some things could easily be set as touchscreen buttons. Or navi's messages would just appear on the touchscreen without having to trigger the dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I'm NEVER horny