Zelda Linked to the Past, Zelda Classic Custom Game

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lmao, well damn. After reading that I opened the game and I indeed did have a Key. I feel like a dumbass now haha. I was watching TV at the time and I never heard the sound when you pick up a key. Never noticed AT ALL that I even had one lol.

SUCCESSOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've started a new project I call Zelda Classic 2.5 Showcase. Basically it will show off the best of quests made in the newest version of ZC. Right now I am collecting info on quests recommended for me and ones I've been trying out. Check out the thread: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?95569-Zelda-Classic-2-5-Showcase

Especially check out Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest. I am on level 4 and am loving it. It doesn't have fancy graphics grabbed from MC or anything but it is very good.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hate to keep coming back in here with problems lol, but I think I might have stuck myself. I'm in the Ancient Library and I have most the map uncovered. The parts of the map I am missing are the 3 horizontal rooms right above that 'lost woods' type maze, the 3 rooms shaped like a backwards L in the top right corner, and the 1 room to the right of the entrance room that is locked with a key door. I got a key at some point in the dungeon and my choice was a door later in the dungeon or the door in the first room of the dungeon. I chose the later door and for some reason I think I screwed myself. I got the hint to Burn Shelf In Red Room and I have a feeling that this shelf is in a room behind the key door at the start of the dungeon...but now I can't seems to find any more keys >,>. Tips? lol.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also recommend "Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2". You'll have a great time playing it. Be aware that the difficulty becomes pretty steep in the later dungeons, but any reasonably good player can complete about 75% of it.

Bojack: don't worry, there's no way to screw yourself out of keys in this quest. You need to solve the maze. The solution is in the maze room itself. Look at the books very closely and one of them should attract your attention.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the hint about those books haha, I never even noticed those. Here I am again though looking for a hint. Got through level 3 up to the Boss which I assume I need a better sword for. Got though the Moblin Camp, got the bow and learned how to use it. Reached the blue trees with the sign saying I need a metal sword to pass, so I'm guessing I need the next sword....I just have no idea where lol. I probably looked for a couple hours and it's probably something that's going to make me feel stupid.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the level 3 boss you just have to do exactly what the old man said: RUN as soon as you see him, and he'll meet his demise eventually.

The sword is in the Explorer's Crypt (explore the past with your hookshot and raft).

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, Thanks for the tips ^^. Game is awesome btw.

Any tips on the Trading Game. Got the necklace at the moment. Also I'm at Level 6, the wizard place. Got most of the level done I just can't figure out how to kill those damn rabbits >,>. Got the hint about them always being hungry so got the food out to attract them. Used the Rod bounced off the mirrors to stun them. After that I can't seem to kill it lol. I tried a bunch of stuff on it after it's stunned but couldn't kill.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems you're not using the latest upgrade, I recommend you download it again and overwrite your quest file with the new one (don't worry, it won't erase your save). Get it here: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=372

You could originally only kill them with a sword beam, but in the upgrade magic works too.

As for the trading sequence, you've done all you could right now, you need the flippers to get further.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any Tips after level 7? I got to Level 8 but some guy says he wouldn't explore it without some Lens. I assume to get this Lens I need the Hammer...so maybe stumps blocking paths. I explored it a bit but did as much as I could figure out and now not sure what next lol.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need the hammer for the lens. Look for it in the Forest of Illusion. There's a sign near level 8 telling you literally where it is.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, I see a sign near level 8 if you mean the one that says "East: Forest of Illusion, don't believe your eyes." I see a structure blocked by rocks and an eye on after trying I think all my items I moved on to search the forest. Still can't find anything >,> lol.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got the 2nd Glove and am exploring the bottom right half of the map in the past. I see a key in the Fire/Ice temple in a room behind silver blocks and a big pot. Eye truth makes the bottom block on the left disappear but I'm not sure how to make that block go away so I can get through there for the key. Also I got through Uematsu Village and that fucking Knight with the Wizard waves is a dick lol. A girl right before mentions a stronger sword. Any hints on that one?

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't *need* the stronger sword for Uematsu but it's recommended, that's why I decided to throw a hint there.

You should finish the Palace of Fire & Ice first. For that key, light up the torch with a fire more powerful than just the candle.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, haha. I don't think I would have ever thought it was a torch lol.

Anyways, finished those 2 dungeons and the pyramid. Any really super secret stuff I would probably never find?

There is a couple things that I'm not sure of. The hidden room with the Cow in Death Mountain? The statue with the bird on it that has the N/E/S/W compass around it? Also the message from the Hylian statue in the forest where it says 5 or 6 level numbers then a code that looks kinda like a MAC Address lol. Not sure what they mean but for some reason I'm thinking maybe there locations of heart pieces, I dunno.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The cow just gives a hint about not needing to kill the second green wizzrobe you encounter there.

For that weather vane statue you have to go back to the library with the book of wisdom, there were two books with hylian writings there, which you will now be able to read. One of them will tell you what to do there. It is optional.

You are correct that the statue in the forest tells you the heart piece locations :) If you want to get everything you will need to find them all to pick up Nayru's Love near the end of the quest, though that is also optional.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any chance you could just let me know the heart piece locations in the dungeons? lol. I don't feel like searching haha. Also I'm missing 2 items on the left. One between the Red Ring and the Book, and the one at the bottom middle. I'm going to guess that I will get one of those in Level 9 though.

Jamian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The following dungeons have a heart piece inside:

Octorok Swamp
Living Cavern
Unicorn Cave
Moblin Camp
Sandpit
Peahat Ridge
Mermaid's Cave
Crab Beach
Goriya Mines
Ghost Cave
Poisonous Garden
Palace of Fire & Ice

(edit: For the Palace of F&I one, there is a bug in v1.78 that prevents you from leaving the heart piece room. You'll have to use F6. This bug is getting fixed in the next update.)

ZimZimZim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are a few videos to show and tell some things that ZC 2.5 is capable of.

Be sure to visit http://armageddongames.net/ for the latest updates on the official ZeldaClassic sites and builds of the program, as well as information on the restructuring of www.zeldaclassic.com and the new www.zeldaclassic.net, as well as share development ideas and take advantage of the fun of the various other forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw