Zelda Escape Room Announced

REG_Zelda_Banner.jpg

Ever fancied some Zelda-esque exploration, adventure and puzzle-solving in real life? Well, Nintendo has got you covered!

Nintendo just announced Defenders of the Triforce today. It's a partnership with the award-winning escape room designers SCRAP "to create a unique multi-city Puzzle Tour inspired by The Legend of Zelda series".

The news post described Defenders of the Triforce as "so much more than" an escape room experience:

Instead of escaping from a locked room, participants work in teams of six to solve a mystery in a huge area, all within a set time limit. The experience will let guests interact with classic items and characters seen in The Legend of Zelda series like the Goron, Zora and Kokiri tribes. Discovered items can be used to solve puzzles and move forward into other areas, just like in The Legend of Zelda games.

“At Nintendo, we’re always looking for ways to offer new experiences for all of our fans, and expose our characters and franchises to new audiences,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “Partnering with SCRAP allows us to offer a new perspective on this legendary series.”

“We wanted to make sure ‘Defenders of the Triforce’ felt as authentic as possible,” said Doc Preuss, Real Escape Game Producer for SCRAP. “Fans of The Legend of Zelda series will adore the tour and won’t want to miss it.”

The “Defenders of the Triforce” Puzzle Tour will be hitting eight cities all around the U.S beginning in January. Tickets for the first wave of locations are available today and can be reserved here.

The full schedule is as follows:
  • San Francisco – Jan. 31-Feb. 5
  • Los Angeles – Feb. 10-12
  • San Diego – Feb. 24-25
  • Seattle – TBA
  • Phoenix – TBA
  • Houston – TBA
  • Chicago – TBA
  • New York – TBA
After completing the main puzzle experience, attendees will enter an area with amazing photo opportunities and a promotional lounge, where fans can purchase exclusive merchandise based on The Legend of Zelda.

Yet another approach by Nintendo to diversify its reach beyond that of the console market. And it strikes as a positively surprising one. Too bad it's U.S-only as I'm sure hordes of fans would be interested in trying those Zelda-scape rooms (rhymes, right?).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp mailbox

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this is very interesting XD
After completing the main puzzle experience, attendees will enter an area with amazing photo opportunities and a promotional lounge, where fans can purchase exclusive merchandise based on The Legend of Zelda.
hope this "prchase" is like you can buy with rupees you can find whithm the puzzle right? hhaha
I mean, a prize if win the game? idk is kinda sad you pay to play an challenge and your prize for win is being able to buy something :v

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Classic items"

Somehow I don't think they'll allow a hookshot anytime soon.
Or bombs, for that matter.
Really though, this seems cool. I've done a few of those real life escape room thingies and they're quite fun. If you've never tried one, I'd recommend getting some friends/family, finding a nearby one that's not too impossibly hard and trying it.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I got excited and thought this was going to be a Zero Escape x Zelda crossover game.
That would kick serious ass.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems pretty cool except for the team of 6 thing. Though if I had money i'd be able to get 6 people for it... buut i'm broke as hell. It's surprisingly cheap for the actual ticket though. $35? wtf.

Not Florida? Wtf

Isn't Florida just where all the old people go for the winter.
I always imagined it as one big retirement home.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems pretty cool except for the team of 6 thing. Though if I had money i'd be able to get 6 people for it... buut i'm broke as hell. It's surprisingly cheap for the actual ticket though. $35? wtf.

Isn't Florida just where all the old people go for the winter.
I always imagined it as one big retirement home.

Not really... I dont think so, not even close. xDDDDDD that's the Florida Keys, not the whole Florida

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The full schedule is as follows:
  • San Diego – Feb. 24-25
  • Seattle – TBA
  • Phoenix – TBA
  • Houston – TBA
  • Chicago – TBA
  • New York – TBA

That feel when you live in a somewhat major city in Ohio, yet it's just not quite as big as those others to justify Nintendo coming here.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • San Diego – Feb. 24-25
  • Seattle – TBA
  • Phoenix – TBA
  • Houston – TBA
  • Chicago – TBA
  • New York – TBA
Damn. All of them are too far to drive. I don't think I can make it.

That feel when you live in a somewhat major city in Ohio, yet it's just not quite as big as those others to justify Nintendo coming here.
It will be nice if they do that. Because I went Ohio most of time.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16