Zelda ALTTP Hack Worth Playing!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
haha, i still havn't found the way to the guardhouse ;P haha..
well, ive been busy with finally beating wind waker.. and testing Twilight princess...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The first two keys are on the first floor, left and right from the entrance.

Then you will have to go down to the bottom of the dungeon to find the big key, go up again to open the big door and find a little key, and then again go down to find the sword and rescue zelda !
ahah, you have to be patient, there is a lot of doging and throwing and come back
wacko.gif

After that dungeon, there will be some help on the map "go there", but you can't go straight, you will have to find things before you can reach the destination.
Nobody will tell you to get that item before, so you will have to explore each area you can when you think being blocked.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
strange that I have the whole goodsnes 2.01 and the [!] rom doesn't work after patching. damn! how can this be possible? Shouldn't the goodsnes set be made with good roms?

PS: note that this is NOT a rom request...no rule breaking
wink.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
strange that I have the whole goodsnes 2.01 and the [!] rom doesn't work after patching. damn! how can this be possible? Shouldn't the goodsnes set be made with good roms?

wink.gif

that happened with me too no idea why i had to get speechles the don one to send me it working! ill pm you it, gimme a few secs im posting this in bed from psp just checked topic cuz im stuck in the game again!

It also happened on zsnes I have no idea why heh.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy

wink.gif

that happened with me too no idea why i had to get speechles the don one to send me it working! ill pm you it, gimme a few secs im posting this in bed from psp just checked topic

Thanks Thug you're really kind! Anyway I got it working with the help of Lakmir and Polarix from the Romhacking irc channel=)))
In the end it was a header problem. Correct rom but with no header.
If anyone is having a black screen try downloading NSRT and add an NSRT header to the rom, then apply the ips patch =)

EDIT: thanks Thug for the PM, much appreciated anyway
bow.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why I added the CRC checksum.
the header can make the game to turn black too, if there is not the good information in the header (Hi/low, fast/slow)

I'm glad you finaly made it working
smile.gif

happy gaming.

For people wondering the way to the secret meadow (misty forest)
Go : right, down, up, down

And the neverending beach, folow the arrow pattern found in the quarry
go : up, right, left, up

I'm still stuck in the game at the nayru's bay.
I found the hammer to the right, but to the left I can't find a way to cross the pit (where there is a sign about a rod of samaria).

Anyone knows ?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do I need the bombs in the first dungeon?
and is there any way to get bombs inside the dungeon?
I know that you can get bombs in the village, but I forgot to take some with me, and now I think I'm stuck x_x

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Amazing hack, mad props to the makers.

But to be honest, the dungeon design is horrible, nothing but backtrack backtrack backtrack backtrack backtrack backtrack, making you run from one end of a dungeon and back, wasting huge amounts of time, is not fun.

There's also a bug that lets you get out of the guardhouse without the boomerang, which I used because I didn't want to waste 30 minutes getting it and getting back here
wacko.gif

Sorry for being so negative but this is the worst pointless backtracking I've ever been submitted to
hate2.gif

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work on a real snes or are you all using emus? Might be time to blow some dust off of my SWC DX2 at last..

Aw, you just reminded me of how much I miss my SWC DX2
frown.gif

I don't even think anyone sells them anymore, and you can't sell them on ebay :'(

I wish this hack worked on the GBA version of LTTP. Not really into emulation or even console gaming at current time...

Chakal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Amazing hack, mad props to the makers.

But to be honest, the dungeon design is horrible, nothing but backtrack backtrack backtrack backtrack backtrack backtrack, making you run from one end of a dungeon and back, wasting huge amounts of time, is not fun.

There's also a bug that lets you get out of the guardhouse without the boomerang, which I used because I didn't want to waste 30 minutes getting it and getting back hereÂ
wacko.gif

Sorry for being so negative but this is the worst pointless backtracking I've ever been submitted toÂ
hate2.gif

I must say the backtracking is really annoying me too... I had to go flip a switch 3 floor under 6 times.... and those 3 floors aint easy.

Clements

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Note that you can also remove the header from the patch using IPSEDIT.EXE (included with NSRT) if you are familiar with command lines and prefer headerless ROM images.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
my word, this game is HARD.
I think I'll beat Twilight Princess before and then I'll focus on this.
Sad to hear about backtracking, I hate that (when it's too much). Oh well, still an amazing hack. Reaching the guardhouse is difficult also because of the rain...man it's dark!!I can't see anything=P

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ive been playing with this for about 20 minutes. Couldnt find my way to the first X on the map. It was also way way too dark on the overworld to even see anything compared to the original Zelda 3 in the storm at the start of the game. Good hack yes, overly frustrating game, yes also

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ive been playing with this for about 20 minutes. Couldnt find my way to the first X on the map. It was also way way too dark on the overworld to even see anything compared to the original Zelda 3 in the storm at the start of the game. Good hack yes, overly frustrating game, yes also

I also cannot reach the guardhouse. Can someone point us?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the path entrance is located in the kakariko village.

Go north, where there is some water near a cave entrance.
Enter and go to the left room to jump into the hole.

You will notice that small underground level let you travel over all the map.
It's quite odd to have to go at the east of the map to find an item located to the west
unsure.gif

VeggieH8R said:
 Good hack? Yes. Good game? No.
I agree too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: