Hardware Zelda 3DS Rarity?

Punty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey everyone. i recently (about a month ago) bought a brand new zelda 3ds (the black/brownish+gold one). it was an ex layby (where the customer paid but never contacted the shop again after christmas). i guess i got lucky, but how much of these were actually sold in australia? is it worth anything extra? ive seen people asking over $1000 for them but its definitely not worth that kind of money. reason i ask is because i paid $249 (eb games price) and across from eb games they were for $219... was it worth the extra $30 (maybe go up in value?)

thanks in advance everyone
~Tony

Reactions: 1 person

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure what the retail price is but on ebay and all, the price can range from ~$200 to 500. I personally think that it is worth it if you like it. If you are trying to invest in it in hopes of selling it for a crazy sum later on, maybe not THHHHAAAAAAT worth it :D

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there isn't a specific price for it, but a first glance at ebays says you could sell it for $150,00

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=zelda+3ds&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Punty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i absolutely love the thing. the $30 was worth it to me because it looks stunning and just the fact that i know no-one else that has one. however, eventually a time will come when i need to sell it... im just kinda hoping its considered a collectors item so it'll at least be worth something when the time comes...

us prices are very different to aus when it comes to consoles... searching us ebay will give you a tonne of them selling but if you take a look at aus ebay, theres only a handfull so supply vs demand means that the prices should theoretically be higher here... kinda like the god of war psp2000's. in the US they were quite cheap around the release date. however, if you look online now there only a couple in aus that are going for way more than the actual console is worth (in terms of technological comparison).

Reactions: 1 person

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yea I have seen a few on ebay and Gumtree for reasonable prices (Yeap I am from Oz too :D). Well since I believe Zelda is a well-known and loved game, I would say that prices for this will go up pretty high next time.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In Europe you can still find them in stores, at least in my country, like... There's several bundles and the Ocarina of Time Limited Edition is one of them (for the same price as the other bundles).

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i sold mine on ebay about ten days ago, got $200 for it without even the game but it was american so i don't know if that helps.
new sealed ones sell for $275-$350

Guerillaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had one and sold it. The current market (eBay) has the used going from $150 (no box) to $250 (with box). The new ones are way over priced. I think that a new sealed one would go for the same price (maybe a little more) as excellent condiditon CIB verison. I sold mine on eBay used but in perfect condition for $220 with the box a few monthes back. I think if you sold it now, you would break even or maybe $20 in profit. If you hold on to it for a little while longer, you could get more. It is all about supply and demand.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theyre very few and far between in america. Hell people always freak out when I flash mine around, and I see them go on amazon and ebay for some crazy cash. I love my 3ds to death, and keep it in great condition, so I dont plan on selling it.
Ironically its my second Zelda DS, because I also had the Phantom Hourglass DS LITE a while back. I still own it, but its hinge broke :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf