Zanki Zero: Last Beginning gameplay trailer released

The latest Zanki Zero: Last Beginning gameplay trailer shows you how to survive as the last 8 survivors of humanity! Fight for survival in real-time battles to unearth the truth of your newly cloned bodies in Zanki Zero: Last Beginning, the latest RPG from the creators of the Danganronpa series.

About:
From producer Yoshinori Terasawa and game designer Takayuki Sugawara, the creators of the Danganronpa series, comes a new type of survival game, Zanki Zero: Last Beginning. Explore ruins, dungeons, and islands in this post-apocalyptic world through the POV of eight protagonists fighting for survival while also searching for meaning in their never-ending cycles of life and death.

Story:
God created the world in seven days. It only took one for humans to destroy it. Life as we knew it sank to the depths of the sea...until yesterday. We do not yet know this broken world or the reasons for its downfall left behind here. An earth where ruins drift about, with remnants of buildings, cars, traffic lights... Modern civilization was destroyed, becoming nothing more than debris wading in the sea. New ruins drift one after the other before our very eyes, the survivors who live on one of those decaying islands.

Key Features:
  • 8 Clones, 7 Deadly Sins, Infinite Lives – Play from the POV of one of eight protagonists in each chapter and explore the dungeons, towers, and islands to uncover the deadly sins of the protagonists’ pasts.
  • Survival of the Fittest – Hunt for materials and food while fending off monsters in real-time battle environments; but don't forget to eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom (seriously, it's bad for your health and fatal for your party)!
  • Live, Die, Repeat – With every life cycle lasting only 13 days, each clone’s stats, abilities, and capabilities differ as they grow from youths to old age. Depending on how you die, you can even earn bonus upgrades for your next life cycle. Take advantage of each life to the fullest!

Zanki Zero: Last Beginning releases April 9th 2019 on PS4 and Steam.

:arrow:Zanki Zero: Last Beginning Official Site

Reactions: Mythical

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphics looked vita-like. But heck, a new dungeon crawler that isn't an Etrian Odyssey ripoff. I'll bite. Hope there are some homicidal bears.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The game as far as I'm aware has been censored for western release

Don't support that crap
I've never quite understood the mentality of boycotting a release because of stuff like this, especially when the worst that seems to have happened is the removal of panty shots....? Is that really what you'd have been buying this game for?

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never quite understood the mentality of boycotting a release because of stuff like this, especially when the worst that seems to have happened is the removal of panty shots....? Is that really what you'd have been buying this game for?
I think it's more-so based off of principle. People don't enjoy content being removed no matter how small it is. Especially in a game atmosphere that's already about nickel and diming people for whatever small additions they can squeeze out of us.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's more-so based off of principle. People don't enjoy content being removed no matter how small it is. Especially in a game atmosphere that's already about nickel and diming people for whatever small additions they can squeeze out of us.
But between removing small things and not having the game come west at all? Maybe I'm just too easily pleased lol

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Its always starts with the small things

Don't support any form of censorship. History has shown that censorship has the potential to snowball into some pretty outlandish stuff

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
The game as far as I'm aware has been censored for western release

Don't support that crap
Only things that were censored supposedly were like 2 panty shots and removal of bed scenes involving child forms of the characters. No big loss really.

If anything, the US release is better since it added a NEW GAME +

Reactions: Scarlet

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But between removing small things and not having the game come west at all? Maybe I'm just too easily pleased lol
It seems people rather not have the game at all than have a censored version of the game. I don't agree with censorship, but I also prefer the game is possible to obtain and play. Could be a fun game, but I wouldn't know cause I never got the chance to experience. Then my only option is to learn japanese to play it in the original language which would take time to do.

As for the game itself, I don't find it all that interesting. Seem to similar to games they made before but with more engaging customization and variables. Everytime I think of a rpg game from this company, it just instantly trigger "Oh is gonna be some variation on pokemon mystery dungeon again" just from the reflex of knowing that's what they do most. Now it looks like a "First person, dungeon crawling, JRPG mincraft" where the game could never end and I know those kind of sandbox games are popular. but I prefer game with a structured goal instead of making my own fun out of how much open the world is with my imagination being the driving point. :ninja:

Hyborix3

Gabi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard this game had poor sales and mediocre reviews in Japan. I played the demo and I kinda enjoyed it but maybe it’s not worth the full price.

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean censorship is going to be a problem now that Sony's Playstation* HQ is in California. I think Sony was one of the reasons why censorship wasn't -as- bad since ports to PC would sometimes be lifted from Sony. I personally don't advocate for censorship. Would that stop me from playing the game? Depends, Fire Emblem had that strange relationship mechanic in the Japanese version, but it got removed. I believe that there should be toggle options to make everyone happy. Those options could default be set to off. There's no real reason for censorship in gaming. That's why we have the ESRB and other ratings systems.

Last edited by Holybond,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that censorship is a problem. But are you really going to complain about the removal of cgs and events with sexualized children ? lol
The issue people aren't acknowledging is their place in the game in the first place. Is it censorship to remove something that takes value away from an end product? With that in mind, could you call fixing glitches censorship if they add value to a game?

There's a lot of fun discussion you could have about it as a whole to be honest.

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
The game being released is a bastardized censored version. While the Vita version is complete as is, sadly its only available in JP.

Muricans have the highest sensitivity when it comes to these games. Fan service is fan service, that's all there is to it. If you take it seriously and do it publicly then there is something wrong with you. What happens in the game, stays in the game.

Blobbio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game being released is a bastardized censored version. While the Vita version is complete as is, sadly its only available in JP.

Muricans have the highest sensitivity when it comes to these games. Fan service is fan service, that's all there is to it. If you take it seriously and do it publicly then there is something wrong with you. What happens in the game, stays in the game.

You're acting as if they removed any and ALL fanservice. They didn't. They even added swimsuit DLC in the base version of the game, for the Western release (which they wouldn't have promoted if their aim was to remove all fanservice)

What they removed was the fanservice and bedroom scenes with the CHILD/CLEARLY UNDERAGE CHARACTER in the game. Yes you can try and pull the usual anime BS where she just "looks" young or there's some loophole where she's 3000 years old, but she still depicts a child.

I'm hoping all the people angrily complaining are just doing this purely on principle, not because they want to see sexy animu children in their games.

I see why people hate censorship and, honestly, this was probably an unnecessary move on Spike Chunsoft's part which will negatively impact sales. But don't pretend there wasn't a good reason for them doing this. I hope Japan can change and stop normalising the sexualisation of minors so much. It's the ONE part of anime/weeb games that has consistently made me eyeroll and feel uncomfortable.

Last edited by Blobbio,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1