OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii.spiffy360.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
HI i started playing the game ZNR and its awesome but now when you go online they are all talking japanese
so my idea was to change the text file of the online sentences in english to make it possible to use commands online
my question is now what programs do i need except wiiscrubber to change this file and does anyone know where it is located

If someone knows please tell me

iso file structure

Download Here

Reactions: 1 person

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can extract and decompress the files, but when I try to modify them, they crash the game when it tries to load the part that I modified...

I'm going to try modifying the game again soon.

gregory020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii.spiffy360.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
what did you translate i only wanted to translate the online part do you know wich files those are so i can tinker a bit on my own
wink.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, obviously you can't translate what the people are saying on-the-fly.
But I think I know what you're talking about - the macros like "Hello!", "Thanks!", and "Nice kill!"
There's one problem with that, though - if you do that, since it's a Nintendo game they'd find that cheating and ban you for using the translation online?

I know it's really out there, but a translation is still hacking :/
...you'd probably get away with it though if they didn't show up online - like, if the game calls commands for the messages rather than what's in the message [which is likely, so players from different regions can play together online, like Pokemon]

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That depends how the online feature works.

I havent tried online mode yet, but if it doens't allow the user to type messages on the fly, but justs uses a premade phrase, then the messages will only be changed for people who use the translation. If the other users' games aren't translated, then they will se the original premade message, since they're hardcoded.

And if you could type messages on the fly, then you could type English as much as you want.

I have to try online sometime (my Wii won't connect to WFC ATM, error 20100).

gregory020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii.spiffy360.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
thats how i thought it worked the messages that are coming up are being read from your disc so when someone says something it will be english for you but japanese for the rest who doest have the file but i dont know for sure

Posts merged

yes the phrases are premade

BTW i got that error too some time ago its usually server overload or something

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're just better off waiting for the english release. Language patching is a very long & drawn-out proccess. Just look at fatal frame 4.....that game wass insanely popular & it still took for-freaking-ever to patch it.

It will come out in the US before any team could finish making a decent patch like the one made for fatal frame 4....so you're better off grabbing a comfy chair & getting nice and comfortable for the long wait ahead
tongue.gif

IGN still lists it as TBA for US release.

Raikage46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to assure the NA release, I started this petition. You don't even have to register there in order to sign it.
But I think it would take a lot of time until a NA or even EU release comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-