Ysmenu Snes emulator

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by laxman0220, Nov 2, 2009.

Nov 2, 2009

Ysmenu Snes emulator by laxman0220 at 11:44 PM (3,287 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. laxman0220
    OP

Member laxman0220 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    One of the features of ysmenu is that you don't have to run the emulator for gb/nes/snes games. You can run the game straight from the menu. This is working for me except for snes. I can't see any of my snes roms. I am using SNEmulDS.

2. laxman0220
    OP

Member laxman0220 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If you guys don't get my question, how do i view snes roms in ysmenu :/

3. Ad_Enuff

Member Ad_Enuff GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You use MoonShell and then run SNEmulDS then choose the rom

4. gumgod

Member gumgod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's a way to hide/show files in the ini file I believe. The only information I could find on it though is from the wiki...

[FILETYPE]
    Adding a file format will allow that particular file to show up in YSMenu file browser (e.g. TXT/BMP/MP3 etc).
    Note that I haven't figured out how to launch an appropiate program for any additional formats or even if it's possible

Some files have already been set up for GBA/NES/NeoGeo/Sega Master System and WonderSwan [?!?] emulation
    - these require additional programs installed into the YSMenu folder, along with a Slot 2 Flash card like the EZ3-in-1, to work

more info here:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=YSMenu

5. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Close. These filetype launchers are called "extlink" files and are files that tell a program to interact with the file. It's a bit like windows registering .DOC files with word.
    Also, you do not need a slot-2 cart unless the emulator itself needs one. It's possible to get these "extlink" files for almost all of the emulators (even more so if they are open-source), and some have already been made.
    If you want them, seach for "nes.nesDS.nds" or "neo.NeoDS.nds" or try and find another one.
    Unfortunetly, as far as I know, no SNEmulDS extlink file has been made yet.

EDIT: AURGH! I was thinking about Moonshell 2!
    Sorry!
    But if you are interested in Moonshell 2's extlink, here's a version of sneumlds which is compatible with extlink.
    Also: there's an extlink file for YSMenu, so you can use all the pretty-ness of Moonshell 2 along with the rom-loading ability of YSMenu.
    Search for it in the GBATemp downloads section.

6. gumgod

Member gumgod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Note the underlined part of the above quote no longer works with Moonshell 2.07.

7. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Really? Bugger.
    Well, 2.06 still works and it's not as if 2.07 added anything special...
    Wait... did it?