Hacking Ysmenu Snes emulator

laxman0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of the features of ysmenu is that you don't have to run the emulator for gb/nes/snes games. You can run the game straight from the menu. This is working for me except for snes. I can't see any of my snes roms. I am using SNEmulDS.

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
One of the features of ysmenu is that you don't have to run the emulator for gb/nes/snes games. You can run the game straight from the menu. This is working for me except for snes. I can't see any of my snes roms. I am using SNEmulDS.

You use MoonShell and then run SNEmulDS then choose the rom

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a way to hide/show files in the ini file I believe. The only information I could find on it though is from the wiki...

[FILETYPE]
Adding a file format will allow that particular file to show up in YSMenu file browser (e.g. TXT/BMP/MP3 etc).
Note that I haven't figured out how to launch an appropiate program for any additional formats or even if it's possible

Some files have already been set up for GBA/NES/NeoGeo/Sega Master System and WonderSwan [?!?] emulation
- these require additional programs installed into the YSMenu folder, along with a Slot 2 Flash card like the EZ3-in-1, to work

more info here:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=YSMenu

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Close. These filetype launchers are called "extlink" files and are files that tell a program to interact with the file. It's a bit like windows registering .DOC files with word.
Also, you do not need a slot-2 cart unless the emulator itself needs one. It's possible to get these "extlink" files for almost all of the emulators (even more so if they are open-source), and some have already been made.
If you want them, seach for "nes.nesDS.nds" or "neo.NeoDS.nds" or try and find another one.
Unfortunetly, as far as I know, no SNEmulDS extlink file has been made yet.

EDIT: AURGH! I was thinking about Moonshell 2!
Sorry!
But if you are interested in Moonshell 2's extlink, here's a version of sneumlds which is compatible with extlink.
Also: there's an extlink file for YSMenu, so you can use all the pretty-ness of Moonshell 2 along with the rom-loading ability of YSMenu.
Search for it in the GBATemp downloads section.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
Close. These filetype launchers are called "extlink" files and are files that tell a program to interact with the file. It's a bit like windows registering .DOC files with word.
Also, you do not need a slot-2 cart unless the emulator itself needs one. It's possible to get these "extlink" files for almost all of the emulators (even more so if they are open-source), and some have already been made.
If you want them, seach for "nes.nesDS.nds" or "neo.NeoDS.nds" or try and find another one.
Unfortunetly, as far as I know, no SNEmulDS extlink file has been made yet.

EDIT: AURGH! I was thinking about Moonshell 2!
Sorry!
But if you are interested in Moonshell 2's extlink, here's a version of sneumlds which is compatible with extlink.
Also: there's an extlink file for YSMenu, so you can use all the pretty-ness of Moonshell 2 along with the rom-loading ability of YSMenu.
Search for it in the GBATemp downloads section.

Note the underlined part of the above quote no longer works with Moonshell 2.07.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-