Hacking Ysmenu skins?

Spec2K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skins are placed in the TTMenu directory, YSMenu1.bmp and YSMenu2.bmp.

From reading about DSTT skining, the DSTT doesn't have the ability to change skins yet you have to manually change them everytime.

Peace!
biggrin.gif

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone knows how the menu colors work in Ys? I've managed to make all the fonts black and the selection background white, but other than that I can't seem to use any colors at all.

This is the color part of the ini:

[FILELIST]
; COLOR = BIT15 | BGR(5bit x3)
COLOR_PATH=0xFFFF
COLOR_FILE=0x0000
COLOR_FOLDER=0x0000
COLOR_SELECT=0XFFFF
COLOR_SELTEXT=0x0000

How the hell do I convert RGB values to those?

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monochrome said:
Anyone knows how the menu colors work in Ys? I've managed to make all the fonts black and the selection background white, but other than that I can't seem to use any colors at all.

This is the color part of the ini:

[FILELIST]
; COLOR = BIT15 | BGR(5bit x3)
COLOR_PATH=0xFFFF
COLOR_FILE=0x0000
COLOR_FOLDER=0x0000
COLOR_SELECT=0XFFFF
COLOR_SELTEXT=0x0000

How the hell do I convert RGB values to those?
not what ur asking for but should help? http://www.1728.com/colrchr3.htm

or what ur looking for. something like this? http://www.download3000.com/download_12039.html

but you have to post ur skin cuz i looked this up lol.

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sure thing xD
This is actually not my work, I just used bits from other skins to make this one. Anyway, I'll upload it as soon as I change the color values so everything looks nice.
Anyway, I still don't know how to convert to that value. Since the system they use is 0xVALUE and VALUE is only 4 characters long.

EDIT: Found a guide here on the board... math is hard durr
Anyway, here's the skin, it should look good on black and white DS's:

http://rapidshare.com/files/144369966/YsSkin.rar.html

I MADE THIS FOR MY OWN USE! I'm only uploading it because you requested, this is not my skin, I just edited it so it looks good on YSMENU, if the original creator of the skin sees this... claim your credit.

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monochrome said:
Sure thing xD
This is actually not my work, I just used bits from other skins to make this one. Anyway, I'll upload it as soon as I change the color values so everything looks nice.
Anyway, I still don't know how to convert to that value. Since the system they use is 0xVALUE and VALUE is only 4 characters long.

EDIT: Found a guide here on the board... math is hard durr
Anyway, here's the skin, it should look good on black and white DS's:

http://rapidshare.com/files/144369966/YsSkin.rar.html

I MADE THIS FOR MY OWN USE! I'm only uploading it because you requested, this is not my skin, I just edited it so it looks good on YSMENU, if the original creator of the skin sees this... claim your credit.
sweet. thanks!!!

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have no clue how the GBA background looks with those font colors since I don't have any Slot-2 card, but I'll invert the colors on request.

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not really... on topic but does anyone know if it's possible to replace the three cheesy-looking buttons that appear when you press START with the other two images of a regular R4/whatever skin? Thank you

Predator04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absynthe said:
Not really... on topic but does anyone know if it's possible to replace the three cheesy-looking buttons that appear when you press START with the other two images of a regular R4/whatever skin? Thank you
as far as i know. there not. and unless the creator changes that it ont. i think its hard coded in. but i could be wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert +1