YSMenu 2009/03/21

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested this new YSmenu and can confirm that this lets you load GBA roms directly to your 3-in-1 from the ysmenu menu. It seems to work pretty well too. Unfortunately, I cannot test anything save-related in regards to backing up or loading gba SRAM since my 3-in-1's save battery is dead. But it does load games well it seems.

NOTE- I tried running a rom over 16MB (Kingdom Hearts COM) and it gave a message that said:

rom is larger than PSRAM
Continue loading
Yes/No

I pressed yes and it attempted to load the rom. I got past the GBA bios but the game never finished loading. So this version of Ysmenu may not be able to load roms over 16MB. It loads any roms 16MB or less fine though. And they load very fast too. So I assume Yasu has only added PSRAM support so far, since games also don't save permanently to the card.

EDIT- I forget, but did Ysmenu support GBA roms before now? I don't think it did.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry but where on earth is the download link on his site? I've been looking for about 10mins for it! I only want to download it to try it on my brothers R4...

Pendor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
EDIT- I forget, but did Ysmenu support GBA roms before now? I don't think it did.

Yep. It did. For a long time now.

I'm guessing this update fixes a compatibility issue with newer hardware, just like Maikel said.

ackersI'm sorry but where on earth is the download link on his site? I've been looking for about 10mins for it! I only want to download it to try it on my brothers R4...

Search for DS(T_T)DS. The download links are right below.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pendor said:
granville said:

Yep. It did. For a long time now.

I'm guessing this update fixes a compatibility issue with newer hardware, just like Maikel said.

ackersI'm sorry but where on earth is the download link on his site? I've been looking for about 10mins for it! I only want to download it to try it on my brothers R4...

Search for DS(T_T)DS. The download links are right below.
omg thank you, he really doesn't make it easy to find...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill