Hacking YSM3 Problems

Jahebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the compatibility of this Firmware for all new releases stateside, despite the fact that I haven't really updated it in ages. The problem comes when I try to play games from Japan, where it'll always load about a sixth of the way until it stops and gives me a Rom loading error. I also notice that unlike when I first use a US rom, where YSM3 will create a new save file before loading, it won't even attempt to do this if it's a Japanese rom. Any reason why this happens?

And please answer this instead of saying "Just go buy a new Flash Card." I already have, it was an Acekard 2i but it had apparently irreparable contact issues so I don't want to bother getting a new one again and possibly waste more money instead of using the Flash Card I already have.

Jahebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it now. Didn't work, still getting load rom errcode=-4. It doesn't have anything to do with whether I have an AP on my games considering the game I'm trying to play does have an AP patch already.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just tried it now. Didn't work, still getting load rom errcode=-4. It doesn't have anything to do with whether I have an AP on my games considering the game I'm trying to play does have an AP patch already.
You need to use clean roms only when using my updates. Patched roms are not supported. What game/s in particular are you having trouble with?

Jahebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use clean roms only when using my updates. Patched roms are not supported. What game/s in particular are you having trouble with?
Really? I played an AP Patched Pokemon Conquest (U) earlier and it worked fine. I believe the Pokemon Black (U) that I use is also AP Patched, so that's weird.
And I'm having trouble with Pokemon Black 2, as I was using Translation Patches. It looks like (now that I try it) a clean copy of the game works.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Really? I played an AP Patched Pokemon Conquest (U) earlier and it worked fine. I believe the Pokemon Black (U) that I use is also AP Patched, so that's weird.
And I'm having trouble with Pokemon Black 2, as I was using Translation Patches. It looks like (now that I try it) a clean copy of the game works.
My Updates don't support AP Patched roms (it changes the gameID). Translations (not all) are the only type of 'patched' rom my updates support. Hope this clarifies a few things for you

Jahebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is Pokemon Black AP patched?
And what trouble?
Yeah, now that I think about it Black shouldn't be patched...
And load rom errcode=-4 problems, aka not booting problems.
My Updates don't support AP Patched roms (it changes the gameID). Translations (not all) are the only type of 'patched' rom my updates support. Hope this clarifies a few things for you
Well I know the Translation patches changed the gameID as well so that should probably be why they don't work. You're making it sound like simply having the gameID somewhere in your updates makes the game work. If that's the case, is there any way that I can simply add the gameIDs myself manually?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You're making it sound like simply having the gameID somewhere in your updates makes the game work. If that's the case, is there any way that I can simply add the gameIDs myself manually?
Because they are simply added somewhere in the updates. And yes, you can add it yourself. I forgot the rest of it because I don't use any of that stuff anymore.

Jahebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're making it sound like simply having the gameID somewhere in your updates makes the game work. If that's the case, is there any way that I can simply add the gameIDs myself manually?
Because they are simply added somewhere in the updates. And yes, you can add it yourself. I forgot the rest of it because I don't use any of that stuff anymore.
Good to know, I hope there's a how to on that somewhere.
Also, I love your sig. As well as your Avatar. Was not expecting to see Kurisutina on this board.

Jahebi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but "(Note) This will only generate a code for them games without errorcode=-4 or 5 problems" so I don't think it'll work for me.
EDIT: So I give up on getting the translations done, as I already finished the game partly translated and it didn't look like it was worth reading translated. That and cheats don't work for it. I finished the game, however, on Wood M3 and unfortunately cheats don't work on Wood M3. Anyone know how to convert Wood M3 saves to YSMenu saves?
EDIT2: Nevermind got it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye I am going AMD this gen still debating 7900XT or XTX