Harun85 said:
Because they're completely...oh wait, the same
ph34r.gif

?Not really.

??????
Betororekusu!

That's a ?PE, not ?BE...?
biggrin.gif

Anyways, is there anything else in the script that needs translating?
Yes, there is still this file which is not finished: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pDE...fPWOA&hl=en

Harun85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
harun85.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice, thank you.

ーI've got an idea. I'll take all these script files and create a TMX out of the translations. Then, I'll run them against the YS SCRIPT, to see how much we can re-use. :)

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Harun85 said:
Nice, thank you.

?I've got an idea. I'll take all these script files and create a TMX out of the translations. Then, I'll run them against the YS SCRIPT, to see how much we can re-use.???
Do you mind explaining that, My mind's not working correctly I guess...

Harun85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
harun85.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
Harun85 said:
Nice, thank you.

?I've got an idea. I'll take all these script files and create a TMX out of the translations. Then, I'll run them against the YS SCRIPT, to see how much we can re-use.???
Oops, Sorry. I was speaking Translator-ese.

Chances are, alot of text that has been translated already, can be used to fill in other areas with the same text. You've completed translations on most of the other files. I'm going to take the Japanese text, per line, and pair it with the translation you gave. This is known as 'aligning' with Translation Memory. I'll analyze the YS Script file. If it finds duplicate sentences that have already been translated, it will automatically insert the English.

In other words, if we find duplicates, we don't want to translate them twice. It'll be done for us, saving time.
smile.gif

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Harun85 said:
Noitora said:
Harun85 said:
Nice, thank you.

Oops, Sorry. I was speaking Translator-ese.

Chances are, alot of text that has been translated already, can be used to fill in other areas with the same text. You've completed translations on most of the other files. I'm going to take the Japanese text, per line, and pair it with the translation you gave. This is known as 'aligning' with Translation Memory. I'll analyze the YS Script file. If it finds duplicate sentences that have already been translated, it will automatically insert the English.

In other words, if we find duplicates, we don't want to translate them twice. It'll be done for us, saving time.
smile.gif
Aha, quite useful.
*runs off to play castlevania order of Ecclesia*

Harun85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
harun85.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Got to desktop. Loading Spreadsheets into TMX file. 1213 segments registered. (pieces of text that we've translated, that can be used later)

RESULT: (From scanning the YS SCRIPT, using the translations from the other project files)
Total Segments (pieces of text in the new script) 605, Segments translated (Matches from the TMX created) 104, Words fuzzy matched (Partial matches) 212.
So... We might have a fifth of the segments in the YS Script translated.

Now, I just need to figure out howto get these results onto that spreadsheet...
smile.gif
Time to scheme.

kryss

Trophies
Website
www.animecouncil.net
XP
Country
Harun85 said:
Because they're completely...oh wait, the same
ph34r.gif

?Not really.

??????
Betororekusu!

That's a ?PE, not ?BE...?
biggrin.gif

Anyways, is there anything else in the script that needs translating?
Well that serves me right for not enlarging the script. If you can see that you're obviously running a higher resolution than I.

kryss

Trophies
Website
www.animecouncil.net
XP
Country
So I found that a big chunk of text is repeated three times in the final script file.
Script 1,2 and 5 are now done, with a section 4 that was also in 2 and 5. In fact, 5 is almost entirely that text.
Thus it's probably >40% done now.

I'm planning to take a break from translating after this is finished as I have the JLPT at the beginning of December to study for.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Noitora said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Pinned due to the great progress, and response..
Thank you toni, It's nice to see someone cares about the rom hacking section!
No problem Noitora....I checked it out a little bit...and I think it's worthy to be pinned, I already know you guys, and I've been using some of your hacked translations..
I see list of people working on this is pretty big, and I hope you'll manage to complete it!
wink.gif

@Heeroo:
tongue.gif
I don't want to sound mean, but rules say no one word posts. Look out for that.
smile.gif

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
Toni Plutonij said:
Noitora said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Pinned due to the great progress, and response..
Thank you toni, It's nice to see someone cares about the rom hacking section!
No problem Noitora....I checked it out a little bit...and I think it's worthy to be pinned, I already know you guys, and I've been using some of your hacked translations..
I see list of people working on this is pretty big, and I hope you'll manage to complete it!
wink.gif

@Heeroo:
tongue.gif
I don't want to sound mean, but rules say no one word posts. Look out for that.
smile.gif
Psycoblaster and our translators are working really hard on the translation, we'll have it hopefully fully translated in the not-so-distant future.

Thank you again Toni
happy.gif

Noitora

OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
psycoblaster said:
noitora, have you worked on the currently translated scripts?
I thought you were going to send me the old ones first, if that's not the case I'll start working on them right now, I have a few spare time.

HernanZh

Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oy, guys. Looks like Ys I & II is going to come out in English http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111312
I assume this game also contains the game you're translating >_>

So what are you gonna do now? On one hand you should be happy the game is coming out in English, but on the other hand I can understand you're pretty bummed, since a release like this pretty much makes all your efforts redundant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...