Hacking Question YouTube app HDCP

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I was getting nothing but HDCP errors on the YouTube app with Atmosphere when docked, I decided to load stock HOS and the YouTube app worked fine when docked, I was wondering if YouTube did this deliberately to fuck with CFW users and is it patchable on a CFW either by KIP or a LayeredFS,
I don’t install nsp files so I’m not going to install the patched app

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was getting nothing but HDCP errors on the YouTube app with Atmosphere when docked, I decided to load stock HOS and the YouTube app worked fine when docked, I was wondering if YouTube did this deliberately to fuck with CFW users and is it patchable on a CFW either by KIP or a LayeredFS,
There is already a Patched NSP of youtube.

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is already a Patched NSP of youtube.

ScottNBNP

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Except trying to minimize risk of being banned staying away from modified NSP would be the best idea..... i don't see how just saying "install the modified nsp" answers OP's question, if there was code in the original YouTube app, that detects CFW and stops the usage being allowed in docked mode. This would have far reaching implications going forward that all apps might need to be modified to be used on CFW.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except trying to minimize risk of being banned staying away from modified NSP would be the best idea..... i don't see how just saying "install the modified nsp" answers OP's question, if there was code in the original YouTube app, that detects CFW and stops the usage being allowed in docked mode. This would have far reaching implications going forward that all apps might need to be modified to be used on CFW.
Except nothing, op has already violated the tos when they installed cfw, which means their switch has probably already been flagged to be banned in the future.

Reactions: Kioku

ScottNBNP

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Except nothing, op has already violated the tos when they installed cfw, which means their switch has probably already been flagged to be banned in the future.

Except clearly hasn't been banned and there is 100's of people on here who haven't been banned and use CFW on the daily. But hey, doesn't fit the dickhole narative so lets pretend that isn't the case.

crissal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless there's been a new ips patch in the last day or so, the existing one doesn't disable the HDCP, it just disables the Nintendo server check.

You could try and make a new patch by running an ips patch generator to compare the "main" binary from the exefs of the latest patched nsp to that of the unmodified app, I don't know if it would work.

Reactions: tiliarou

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You don't install nsps but you're fine with going online on an unclean NAND? That's gonna get you banned man. Why even bother with CFW if you don't install nsps when all it's going to do is risk a ban?

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: OrGoN3

crazy1111

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was ban, so I installed Youtube Patched (atmosphere) version. I later discovered I'm not ban and decided to revert back to regular Youtube app off the Nintendo eShop but now that one isn't working (I'm still not ban), any ideas how to get regular one working again?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I was ban, so I installed Youtube Patched (atmosphere) version. I later discovered I'm not ban and decided to revert back to regular Youtube app off the Nintendo eShop but now that one isn't working (I'm still not ban), any ideas how to get regular one working again?

Try latest hekate v4.5, apparently it fixes hdcp errors.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Except clearly hasn't been banned and there is 100's of people on here who haven't been banned and use CFW on the daily. But hey, doesn't fit the dickhole narative so lets pretend that isn't the case.
Keyword being "yet". You're not safe, just accept that fact.

Also, just realized this thread is about a month old. So, I assume the issue has been fixed in recent CFW updates. Oooops

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1