Your predictions for the most under utilised aspect of the Switch?

switch_feature.jpg

Nintendo hardware often has interesting little features that go massively under used, or used only for pointless gimmicks.

As far back as the GBC there was an infra red port, the SNES had the super game boy, the N64 had the expansion port which led to the stillborn DD as well as the GB transfer pak, the DS had its touch screen which became shovelware, card games, menus and name entry after an initial burst of bad features (recall Castlevania ice sections and seals), the Wii had its remote dubbed waggle controls for a reason, the 3d of the 3ds ceased to be mentioned after about a year and "the Wii u".

Now that we have seen a few Switch games, got a feel for the hardware and can look to what is to come what then do you think the Switch will have as its equivalent? Will its joy cons be controls that can be detached to go into another holder, never to experience "HD rumble" or tilt sensors? Will handheld and docked mode be slightly different clocked versions of each other? Will its online services be the domain of score boards and DLC?

Edit. As many have mentioned the infra red camera is most likely to be the main one, if you want to skip that in favour of the second or third place ones then feel free.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the self destrut function you just activate by sticking a fork into your battery
If there is not a cheesy film plot type sequence in real life that ends with a spy in a standoff and having to destroy the cleverly hidden data in a game console by such a means then I am moving to a cooler reality where there is.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is not a cheesy film plot type sequence in real life that ends with a spy in a standoff and having to destroy the cleverly hidden data in a game console by such a means then I am moving to a cooler reality where there is.
Not exactly that, but in Enemy Of The State, Jason Lee's character copies an incriminating video to a game cartridge and hides it in Will Smith's shopping bag.

Fault Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The IR camera and the HD Rumble (altough when is just a normal rumble motor, is waaaay more confortable than the other controls)

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The IR camera and the HD Rumble (altough when is just a normal rumble motor, is waaaay more confortable than the other controls)
You have discomfort from rumble in other controllers? I have always wanted more rumble -- if I am fighting to keep the thing in my hands and push the pain away to complete a level/action then that would be great for me.
I have a dangerous plan.

Reactions: darkangel5000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1